Jump to content
Ryoji

What Anime are you watching now?

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, xToki said:

Anyone saw Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai?

I thought it was great c:

Yeah I watched it but thought it was only okay - though I'm pretty fussy. It suffered from try-hard syndrome. It tried hard to be massive and overwhelming and over the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be falling in love with Kimi to Boku. Really love the laid-back atmosphere that it brings, reminds me of Non Non Biyori in many aspects. Apart from it's about teenage boys.

Quote

I had exactly the same experience with Ponyo. It was the most beautiful rendition of the little mermaid ever - a story I otherwise couldn't care less about

Damn, sounds like I need to get on Ponyo too. Sounds amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished My Little Monster. The second-to-last episode was actually quite good, and the last episode was solid as well, so I bumped its rating back up a bit, although it never did get close to the potential it showed in those first couple episodes. Ah well. I probably won't read the manga as Mr. Ofvarela suggested, though, because the conclusion was reasonable enough for me. There were lots of loose ends, but none strong enough that I care enough about to follow up on. I have to add, though, that Natsume is approximately the cutest character I've ever seen. The main characters are probably more interesting to watch, but from the moment she appeared, there was a big part of me that would've been ecstatic if the entire premise had been chucked over the wall in favor of a show about Natsume. So cute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2016 at 11:30 AM, AaronIsCrunchy said:

Might be falling in love with Kimi to Boku. Really love the laid-back atmosphere that it brings, reminds me of Non Non Biyori in many aspects. Apart from it's about teenage boys.

Started it. Seems like something I can consume in small dosage.

 

I feel totally lost on what to watch next. I feel this could be a candidate but I've come to dislike harems by nature, and this bloody well seems like one. See Zero no Tsukaima for a harem that drove me up the walls but was thankfully conclusive, which in turn permitted my finishing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to watch something older and going with Hare+Guu. Should be good enough to make me forget about college life.

30 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Started it. Seems like something I can consume in small dosage.

 

I feel totally lost on what to watch next. I feel this could be a candidate but I've come to dislike harems by nature, and this bloody well seems like one. See Zero no Tsukaima for a harem that drove me up the walls but was thankfully conclusive, which in turn permitted my finishing it.

Danmachi is just memes. Watch it if you want to see 13 episodes of a loli with a string around her boobs as the main driving force of the plot, because that's literally what 80% of the show is about.

It all comes down to: do you like Hestia?
If the answer is yes, then Danmachi will be a great ride.
If the answer is no, then turn back around while you can or suffer the consequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Danmachi is just memes. Watch it if you want to see 13 episodes of a loli with a string around her boobs as the main driving force of the plot, because that's literally hwat 80% of the show is about.

It all comes down to: do you like Hestia?
If the answer is yes, then Danmachi will be a great ride.
If the answer is no, then turn back around while you can or suffer the consequences.

 

I don't really, nor have I ever, cared about plot.
Put it like that and there's a good chance I'll like it. Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I don't really, nor have I ever, cared about plot.
Put it like that and there's a good chance I'll like it. Hmm...

Again, it all comes down to whether or not you like Hestia, since she's all the show is about 80% of the time. Nothing else matters.
And her character is essentially made of a loli with a string around her boobs.
That's literally the shtick of the show and what made it popular on the internet (see Hestia memes for references).
There's nothing else to see in it other than that.
The reason why it quickly died after and nobody cares about it anymore is also because that's ALL there was to it.

My suggestion to you is: Watch a couple episodes and decide whether or not you like Hestia, then continue watching or not depending on your answer. That is if you care about saving some hours of your lifespan or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Again, it all comes down to whether or not you like Hestia, since she's all the show is about 80% of the time. Nothing else matters.
And her character is essentially made of a loli with a string around her boobs.
That's literally the shtick of the show and what made it popular on the internet (see Hestia memes for references).
There's nothing else to see in it other than that.
The reason why it quickly died after and nobody cares about it anymore is also because that's ALL there was to it.

My suggestion to you is: Watch a couple episodes and decide whether or not you like Hestia, then continue watching or not depending on your answer. That is if you care about saving some hours of your lifespan or not.

Can't say I agree with you there. I thought Hestia was just a silly counterpoint to the story itself which is about the whole hero development which I quite enjoyed, along with the obvious kuudere love interest. I mostly ignored Hestia even though others may well have gotten off on the whole loli boob thing. Presumably you didn't like it because she annoyed you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching fking Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo of all things, up to Episode 6. Pretty fun? :makina: 

I'll probably start spamming more anime soon, with the amount of spare time I have lately it feels waaay more fulfilling watching 6 episodes in 2 hours vs. making only 2 hour progress in a 30+ hour game/VN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I feel totally lost on what to watch next. I feel this could be a candidate but I've come to dislike harems by nature, and this bloody well seems like one. See Zero no Tsukaima for a harem that drove me up the walls but was thankfully conclusive, which in turn permitted my finishing it.

I was in the same boat a couple of weeks back (wait it was months now that I think about it), randomly thought that Danmachi would be interesting and watched it.

Going in with no expectations, I actually ended up liking it. Well obviously it isn't anything serious, it mostly about a kid-to-adventurer tale with comedy .... the usual stuff. But it is executed rather well and is definitely enjoyable despite being filled with cliches. Liking Hestia would make the experience much better but there is definitely more to it than that.
I might mention that yeah this a harem, the protag is the usual dense guy and don't expect much focus on romance.

All in all, it's nothing great just a normal good anime.   
Watch the starting eps, if you like those then you'll definitely like the whole thing.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2016 at 3:24 PM, Tiagofvarela said:

Started it. Seems like something I can consume in small dosage.

 

I feel totally lost on what to watch next. I feel this could be a candidate but I've come to dislike harems by nature, and this bloody well seems like one. See Zero no Tsukaima for a harem that drove me up the walls but was thankfully conclusive, which in turn permitted my finishing it.

Just don't expect resolution.  It's an adaptation of a light novel which means that if you want to expect an end, you are going to need more than a single season.  And at least someone else isn't blind to the fact that this series is in fact a harem no matter how much people want to claim it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Abyssal Monkey said:

Just don't expect resolution.  It's an adaptation of a light novel which means that if you want to expect an end, you are going to need more than a single season.  And at least someone else isn't blind to the fact that this series is in fact a harem no matter how much people want to claim it isn't.

Hmmmm... If I had come across this three years ago (not that it had been made by then) then I'd be able to watch it with no issue. These days I look for something more in my anime...

 

That said, I've started watching Trigun, one of the anime I thought would forever remain on my "plan to watch" list, and have not been disappointed thus far.

I'll also likely watch squid girl, since I like comedy and the premise highly reminds me of Sgt. Frog, the only long running anime I watched hundreds of episodes of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danmachi was pretty much do you like Hestia? Or can you tolerate her enough for the other female characters? I answered yes to the second question and thus watched it because of that.

And yes Danmachi is most definitely a harem. Who in there right mind is actually claiming it to be otherwise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2016 at 6:01 PM, jaxter0987 said:

Danmachi was pretty much do you like Hestia? Or can you tolerate her enough for the other female characters? I answered yes to the second question and thus watched it because of that.

And yes Danmachi is most definitely a harem. Who in there right mind is actually claiming it to be otherwise?

EVERY SINGLE LISTING.  Only Anidb and ANN have any fucking sense and listed it as having a harem.  Seriously, one of the reasons I hate these websites and overly prefer AniDB for show content is because AniDB doesn't go by official listings and actually says what the show contains. They didn't market it as a harem, even though anyone in their right mind knows it is, and as a result you get people claiming that it isn't.  I've met people who will ardently defend this show as not a harem, and I want to shoot them for being absolutely retarded.

mK06K2o.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

EVERY SINGLE LISTING.  Only Anidb and ANN have any fucking sense and listed it as having a harem.  Seriously, one of the reasons I hate these websites and overly prefer AniDB for show content is because AniDB doesn't go by official listings and actually says what the show contains. They didn't market it as a harem, even though anyone in their right mind knows it is, and as a result you get people claiming that it isn't.  I've met people who will ardently defend this show as not a harem, and I want to shoot them for being absolutely retarded.

I haven't watched the show, but I've read the LNs, and in those it's obviously a harem. In the LNs, the main character even directly talks about having a harem, though always through the lens of his grandfather's desires, not as his own goal. But the way everything plays out, with approximately half the girls in the world throwing themselves at the MC, and a remaining quarter of them being too emotionally immature in one way or another to throw themselves at him, this is easily the most haremy thing I've seen/read since Date A Live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I haven't watched the show, but I've read the LNs, and in those it's obviously a harem. In the LNs, the main character even directly talks about having a harem, though always through the lens of his grandfather's desires, not as his own goal. But the way everything plays out, with approximately half the girls in the world throwing themselves at the MC, and a remaining quarter of them being too emotionally immature in one way or another to throw themselves at him, this is easily the most haremy thing I've seen/read since Date A Live.

Welcome to what I said about a month before the show aired when it was at maximum hype and got ignored.  If the thread still exists there is proof I said so. The scene IIRC is when he is taking a nap on the wall with the sword girl, and he reminisces about his grandfather yelling at him/possessing him to get a harem or something along those lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always so overwhelming not watching anime for like a year and then browsing through them. it's like wtf is all this, they went from tekyuu 5 to tekyuu 7 already in my absence and shit

Picking up the crappy Shinmai maou Testament Burst just 'cos, and I guess Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. Just 'cos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

I guess Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. Just 'cos.

Rakudai Kishi is a stellar example of shonen anime done right.  It uses tropes properly and the animation is fucking excellent.  I think it is currently the best shonen battle anime currently.  I personally found it to be the most enjoyable show that season by far.  Compared it to Asterisk War, another show that season, was really awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Rakudai Kishi is a stellar example of shonen anime done right.  It uses tropes properly and the animation is fucking excellent.  I think it is currently the best shonen battle anime currently.  I personally found it to be the most enjoyable show that season by far.  Compared it to Asterisk War, another show that season, was really awful.

Rakudai was a real breath of fresh air and still strokes my gonads when I rewatch it today. It reminded me continually of what annoyed me about most other anime when it just basically did every trope right. I agree, it was everything that Asterisk wasn't - and the stories are close to identical so it's a great pity that Asterisk was the one to score two seasons straight up. Given how good Rakudai was, there's no reason there couldn't be a second season but the 1 season had quite the closure to it so I wouldn't feel so bad if they never make another. I find myself rewatching the final episode of Rakudai sometimes when I get pissed off at other anime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ittaku said:

Rakudai was a real breath of fresh air and still strokes my gonads when I rewatch it today. It reminded me continually of what annoyed me about most other anime when it just basically did every trope right. I agree, it was everything that Asterisk wasn't - and the stories are close to identical so it's a great pity that Asterisk was the one to score two seasons straight up. Given how good Rakudai was, there's no reason there couldn't be a second season but the 1 season had quite the closure to it so I wouldn't feel so bad if they never make another. I find myself rewatching the final episode of Rakudai sometimes when I get pissed off at other anime.

I'm going to make bets we will see it in winter 2016/2017.  Silver Link loves their sequels, and seems to be on point of doing them yearly.  It's the main reason why I eagerly await Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya 3rei on July 20th.  I would almost bet money it is going to be that week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap you guys are right, I've watched my share of things but only 1 episode in and Rakudai Kishi indeed has a breath of fresh air feel to it and you just know they played the tropes right.

Ikki x Stella already have some top-notch banter and interactions, right down to their first meeting with Ikki's lolreverse-strip to the classic hard worker untalented vs. (hard worker(!)) talented duel topped off with Stella's reverse-perverted-curiosity and finally a touching "your first order as my slave is to be my roommate" by humble 'ol Ikki, commence fistbump :3

Looking forward to great things,

*Shoves Shinmai Maou Testament Burst into Anime Backlogs folder*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Holy crap you guys are right, I've watched my share of things but only 1 episode in and Rakudai Kishi indeed has a breath of fresh air feel to it and you just know they played the tropes right.

Ikki x Stella already have some top-notch banter and interactions, right down to their first meeting with Ikki's lolreverse-strip to the classic hard worker untalented vs. (hard worker(!)) talented duel topped off with Stella's reverse-perverted-curiosity and finally a touching "your first order as my slave is to be my roommate" by humble 'ol Ikki, commence fistbump :3

Looking forward to great things,

*Shoves Shinmai Maou Testament Burst into Anime Backlogs folder*

*Eagerly awaits the squee when done*

Just a note, the battles in this series are top fucking notch animated, so be prepared with a few change of undies. You will get wet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×