What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Is it just comedy based? If so, I'm really strange when it comes to comedy, extremely hit and miss (mostly the miss part). I like watching comedies, but for some reason, I don't find a lot of stuff funny, nor does it make sense what I do find funny and what I don't.

Definitely mostly comedy, it kind of pokes fun at the Shoujo genre in a way by completely destroying its stereotypes. There's still some romantic subplot in there but it's definitely not the focus of the show.

Finished Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. I... don't really get the ending.

I started to lost it when child Kurisu starts talking to child Okabe, but I suppose that's just an imagination and not actually happening.

To save Okabe, he must be implanted with powerful memory that helps distinguish the Steins;Gate world line from other world lines, right? So Kurisu goes back to the past and tell Okabe about Hououin Kyouma when he was down to cheer Mayuri up and give him his first kiss, so that must be the 'powerful memory' and... that's it? Wait.. what..? Wait, did I miss something? I thought the 'powerful memory' is going to be really powerful. And why exactly did it have anything to do with 'distinguishing the Steins;Gate world line from the other world lines' anyway?

I finished today KiniKiss Pure Rouge. It's a Romance/Drama SoL. The pace may be very slow but there is a lot of stuff going on. I think most of the time it's very serious and I would not recommend it to people who prefer comedy. For me i was like True Tears, maybe not exactly the same quality. But it was very good and I enjoyed it. And one thing made me happy... I got the end I wanted. I rated it with a 8, it was worth the time I spent on that anime.

So before I start a new one I'll watch Sakurasou again. I'm excited about that, because it's my favourite one (well LL! doesn't count here) ...

You really should.

Which is better? Love Live or K-On?

I would say LL! ... But if you think that two are similar, than you are wrong ;) . K-On maybe also something about music but thats only a minor aspect there I would say. It's more like a SoL with music. And LL! it's all about the Idol stuff. But in the end both are great in there ways. So just choose one, you can't choose the wrong thing.

I would say LL! ... But if you think that two are similar, than you are wrong ;) . K-On maybe also something about music but thats only a minor aspect there I would say. It's more like a SoL with music. And LL! it's all about the Idol stuff. But in the end both are great in there ways. So just choose one, you can't choose the wrong thing.

I already watched K-On. I watched it because, well, Azusa.

I just asked so that I'd see which was more preferable to the people.

So that I could adjust my expectations.

Still thinking whether I should watch Idolm@ster first.

I already watched K-On. I watched it because, well, Azusa.

I just asked so that I'd see which was more preferable to the people.

So that I could adjust my expectations.

Still thinking whether I should watch Idolm@ster first.

The thing about LL! is you have ways more than just the Anime. You have a whole LL! Universe and that makes it so enjoyable, at least for me. I didn't watch Idolm@ster till now so I can't judge that, but I doubt it will be like LL! for me.

The thing about LL! is you have ways more than just the Anime. You have a whole LL! Universe and that makes it so enjoyable, at least for me. I didn't watch Idolm@ster till now so I can't judge that, but I doubt it will be like LL! for me.

Ways more than just the anime?

I guess it's amazing, huh?

Idolm@ster also has tons of video games (well it's a video game at first), anime spin-off, manga, light novels and derivatives like LL. Every popular licenses do, really, Love Live just happens to be the most recent success.

Idolm@ster also has tons of video games (well it's a video game at first), anime spin-off, manga, light novels and derivatives like LL. Every popular licenses do, really, Love Live just happens to be the most recent success.

Well, I didn't know that ;) but my post was also more related to some anime in general. Idolm@ster is on my to watch list and I can give a proper report after I watched it ;). I would say, fact is LL! is really succesful and there are reasons for it, but it all depends on personal preferences.

K-on is not even about music, just cute girls doing cute things. It's very SoL oriented.

Love Live is very character based and it focuses on the idol scene more than anything although it does still share a lot of the cute girls doing cute things formula.

Idolm@ster was alright it focuses heavily on the idol industry as a whole. To me it felt lacking, i couldn't connect to the characters as well, perhaps because the show was all over the place but to me it wasn't nearly as good as Love Live.

Very much this, Love Live is more character based (which is a very GOOD thing for these type of shows), while Idolmaster, had some good characters (most of them IMO are good), the anime just doesn't focus on the characters as much as the industry aspect, which hurts my opinion of it (I still absolutely love Idolmaster, just the reason why Love Live is like 1000x better to me). When I go into these type of anime, I expect to get a lot of character based stuff, to get to know the characters, but Idolmaster straight up ignored characters in the 2nd half (Iori, where'd you go!?)

I blame the cast being larger in Idolmaster, along with the very heavy splitting up of characters so you'll only really get 3-4 characters an episode, then it splits them into different groups the next.

Oh. So it's like, "hey, let's focus on different groups of idols every episode!"? Something like that? Because that's kinda hard to be attached to, seeing that I don't have the time to form a bond with the characters.