What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I recently rewatched Gurren Lagann after getting my hands on the old Anime Legend dvd set.  It was still a blast to watch, I now remember why I liked it so much all those years ago.  The last episode was even more intense than I remembered.  This show feels like it just keeps escalating until it reached the point of near absurdity. 

I mean, a giant robot, within an even bigger robot, piloting another even bigger robot into imaginary space in between two dimensions fighting against a guy that slams entire galaxies into your face?!?!

I now started watching Kara no Kyoukai, I just finished the first movie/ova/whatever.  It was pretty good, looking forward to the rest of it.  I had kind of been putting this off for a long time.

Well the finale for Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae was alright. I loved Yuzuki's back story but the end itself felt very.. rushed. It wasn't bad but it didn't feel like a great ending either.

Well that's another series that's put to rest. It still goes on my favorites.

Started Arakawa Under the Bridge. Already bursted laughing 2 or 3 times in the first episode. This seems like it'll be a fun ride.

Well the finale for Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae was alright. I loved Yuzuki's back story but the end itself felt very.. rushed. It wasn't bad but it didn't feel like a great ending either.

Well that's another series that's put to rest. It still goes on my favorites.

Started Arakawa Under the Bridge. Already bursted laughing 2 or 3 times in the first episode. This seems like it'll be a fun ride.

wait till you get to maria so so good..... just wow

I actually haven't watched one in a while but the last one I finished was Black Lagoon and a friend had wanted me to watch that... So next on the list Black Heaven from ep 1. Anyone know if the show is good or not?

I forgot to post when I finished Minami-ke Okaeri but I just finished Tadaima and I just love it so much. I hope they're planning on continuing the series.

I've yet to watch the various OVAs between seasons though, so hopefully they can tie me over until several of the ongoing anime finish airing.

Is nisekoi any good? I asked somewhere else and i've been getting a shit load of mixed answers about it so i'm not sure if i should watch it. Anyways continuing Log Horizon yay

It's one of my favorites this season. :3  If you like the animation in previous shows animated by Shaft and also enjoy comedy and don't mind the high school setting(with a yakuza twist), I'd say go for it.  Just don't expect too much from the romance aspect of the show.  It's only been getting better with each episode for me at least.

Also, can't wait for the next Log Horizon. :o

Is nisekoi any good? I asked somewhere else and i've been getting a shit load of mixed answers about it so i'm not sure if i should watch it. Anyways continuing Log Horizon yay

My friend says its an amazing anime. He likes it alot lol. I think its good too so imma watch it once i hav nuthin better to watch =.= On Ouran Highschool right now. Its pretty funny XD

It's hard to judge because I don't know what you like but I think it can be put in two ways.

1 - If you're looking for a nice romance. Forget it. Don't watch Nisekoi.

2 - If you like romcoms with little to no development then you'll probably like Nisekoi.

Here's the thing with  this show. It doesn't go anywhere. As a romance it's a very generic show and people watching it or reading the manga know this. The plot evolves into your typical harem while the protag only likes 1 girl and the main girl also likes the protag but they can never tell each other that. And then more girls come along and it turns into your typical romcom. The protag then is sorrounded by girls all the time and is usually as dense as a brick about their feelings.

Good things about it. The art and the comedy. If you're looking for some comedy with romance elements, you'll probably like Nisekoi. I find it pretty funny despite a ton of the situations being cliché.

If you're looking for a serious romance development, Nisekoi is most likely to make you mad because it's not going to go anywhere for a loooong time. If you're looking for entertainment and don't have high hopes, then this show can be your cup of tea.

I'm almost done with Sasameki Koto. Totally not started it for the yuri.

Well, I have to say it's pretty enjoyable. There were elements I feared I wouldn't like at first, but in the end the comedy won me over. The two main characters are really nice, so there's that.

Only two episodes left, but the conclusion (at least what is probably the "first" conclusion in the manga) is also closing in so I'm probably going to be satisfied with it. 

One element I'm glad got shafted was that wtf crossdressing shota out of nowhere (I don't like shota btw, and Minami-ke Okawari traumatized me of crossdressing)

Speaking of which, for the people who watched it, I thought Minami-ke Okawari got a bit stale, and the abuse of crossdressing jokes killed my enjoyment of it. Does it get better in Okaeri? Are there still crossdressing shenanigans? I'm a bit hesitant to start it...

Oh, and if anyone knows any other yuri anime... I know they're rare but there are probably a few left... (Seen Sasameki Koto and Aoi Hana, dropped Sakura Trick, don't care about Destiny of Shrine Maiden and Kashimashi looks awful. I'm also aware of Simoun, for different reasons though)

I'm almost done with Sasameki Koto. Totally not started it for the yuri.

Well, I have to say it's pretty enjoyable. There were elements I feared I wouldn't like at first, but in the end the comedy won me over. The two main characters are really nice, so there's that.

Only two episodes left, but the conclusion (at least what is probably the "first" conclusion in the manga) is also closing in so I'm probably going to be satisfied with it. 

One element I'm glad got shafted was that wtf crossdressing shota out of nowhere (I don't like shota btw, and Minami-ke Okawari traumatized me of crossdressing)

Speaking of which, for the people who watched it, I thought Minami-ke Okawari got a bit stale, and the abuse of crossdressing jokes killed my enjoyment of it. Does it get better in Okaeri? Are there still crossdressing shenanigans? I'm a bit hesitant to start it...

Oh, and if anyone knows any other yuri anime... I know they're rare but there are probably a few left... (Seen Sasameki Koto and Aoi Hana, dropped Sakura Trick, don't care about Destiny of Shrine Maiden and Kashimashi looks awful. I'm also aware of Simoun, for different reasons though)

Sasameki Koto could have been a lot more than what it is. Read the manga if you really like it, it's much more worth it.

I have watched all seasons of Minami-ke (OVAs included) and I have to say it does indeed get better in the latest seasons. I felt more attached to the characters after the 2nd season. The art style changes as well for some reason, thankfully it was for the best.

By the last season when it was over i actually felt a little pain in my heart because i had to part with the minami sisters. I don't know i was also a bit bored with the first seasons but then as it kept going on i felt a little attached. Maybe it was just me but I think the latest seasons were the best part of it. Tadaima has been my favorite season of all without a doubt.

I hope you give it a try. 

If you're looking for more yuri Strawberry Panic is worth checking out. It's old and is not a masterpiece by any means but it's a complete story with a beginning and ending and it's kind of a rite of passage for people who like shoujo ai. At least in my opinion. I thought it was alrightesh.

Crossdressing jokes are forever present in Okaeri and Tadaima. I feel it gets "better" because you grow more attached to the characters. At least that's how it was for me.

Okawari is my favorite season and is what made the series for me (along with its OP and ED being my favorite in the series). The first season left me with mixed feelings (I was contemplating hating Kana at that point) but Okawari made me feel (those last two episodes my god...) and redeemed Kana for me.

Just finished RaXephon., Reason i picked it was because it was heavilly recommended when asked for a series like Eureka 7..Its made by same Company (Bones) and its got the mecha feel..Hmm.. Overall i enjoyed the series, but feel like it was jumping all over the place too many times..BUt i love drama like this in a show..

Now deciding what is next to watch.

Just finished ef: A Tale of Memories. It managed to grab a very very rare 10/10 from me and might be the best thing Shaft has ever done. Hopefully Melodies can live up to that.

Glad you really liked it man.  Melodies is awesome as well, though i didnt find it quite as epic as Memories it was indeed worth the watch ( and buy )

I just finished BRS (Black Rock Shooter), and man I loved it. I stumbled upon some fanart for it and decided to look it up; which ultimately lead me to reading a review by the one and only Nosebleed on MAL xD Watched it after that and it was definitely a solid 8.5/10 for me.

BRS could have been better than what it was. I liked it for its concept, i just didn't rate it higher for its execution.

I rarely do this, but I've watched Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt for like the third time in two months.  This has quickly become one of my favorite shows, I often end up watching this when feeling bored.  I usualy prefer subbed anime, but the dub on this one is great and actualy contributes to my liking of the series I think.  I particularly like the animation, and I can't seem to get tired of the raunchy humor.