What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

On 17/02/2018 at 10:37 PM, rambitious said:

Hoping for a second season! 

Second season was announced awhile ago ;). I thought it was a decent show with a unique protagonist. She's crazed, smart and fearless. I reckon she has a good backstory too, there's been glimpses off it but not much clarity yet.  

Watching gintama slip arc now, throwback to the old Gintama comedy before the serious arc started [i liked serious arc 2]. Only 4 episodes in, liking it so far. Man that ramen shop storyline... :tears:.

15 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Watching gintama slip arc now, throwback to the old Gintama comedy before the serious arc started [i liked serious arc 2]. Only 4 episodes in, liking it so far. Man that ramen shop storyline... :tears:.

I really wish the Slip Arc had been much longer... but no such luck :rubycry:

It's OP was great, too, and very fitting for the last "fun" arc.

Edited by Jun Inoue

5 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

I really wish the Slip Arc had been much longer... but no such luck :rubycry:

It's OP was great, too, and very fitting for the last "fun" arc.

Yeah, I thought it'll be at least 24 episodes [or 50!, or 200!] initially since its the last fun arc. I mean gintama's humour with sprinkles of seriousness along with its wacky cast, is what drew everyone to gintama in the first place. It certainly is sad that this [slip arc] will be the final arc to represent that ever, and silver soul will end it all, but i'm glad that there's a full season dedicated to concluding gintama. It doesn't feel rushed and incomplete.

The anime has been going on for 12 years and the manga for 15, consistently. The author probably burnt out man lol. Its tough writing comedy for that long consistently, i reckon. I liked the op too, and the ed had all the heroines in wedding dresses [so cute! :kosame:]. 

Well you never know, knowing gintama, I wouldn't be surprised if it resumes down the line somewhere :wahaha:.

10 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Yeah, I thought it'll be at least 24 episodes [or 50!, or 200!] initially since its the last fun arc. I mean gintama's humour with sprinkles of seriousness along with its wacky cast, is what drew everyone to gintama in the first place. It certainly is sad that this [slip arc] will be the final arc to represent that ever, and silver soul will end it all, but i'm glad that there's a full season dedicated to concluding gintama. It doesn't feel rushed and incomplete.

The anime has been going on for 12 years and the manga for 15, consistently. The author probably burnt out man lol. Its tough writing comedy for that long consistently, i reckon. I liked the op too, and the ed had all the heroines in wedding dresses [so cute! :kosame:]. 

Well you never know, knowing gintama, I wouldn't be surprised if it resumes down the line somewhere :wahaha:.

I'd love that so much lol. Gintama is at that point where just having the cast interact with each other smoothly carries the show. There are tons of episodes that are just straight up empty of meaning or purpose, like a kid reading his summer observation project (during which he "adopts" Madao), and it's nevertheless pure gold.

Haven't posted to this thread in quite a while, so I've got a pretty long list to run down...

• My Work Outaku Friend (hereafter "my wof") recommended me Blend S, so I watched it. An impressively average show. Previously he recommended Restaurant to Another World, so I assumed he at least had similar tastes to mine, but I am now reconsidering. I shall henceforth be taking my wof's recommendations with a grain of salt.
  • I watched Your Name (I'm not putting the stupid period at the end) with some friends. It was about as good as people have been saying; I enjoyed it quite a bit. The subs had their moments, but they were pretty mediocre for such a high-profile release, so I wish I'd been able to convince folks to watch the dub. At least then we presumably wouldn't have had to deal with untranslated pronouns which left at least one member of the audience with no idea what was going on (among other problems...). Ugh.
  • I've been steadily going through Monogatari Second Season, and am now in the middle of Koimonogatari. I didn't care for Nekomonogatari Black, but everything since then has been absolute genius; I enjoyed Nise and Bake quite a bit, but season two is on a whole other level. This show is mind-numbingly good. Also, I can't get Nadeko Medusa's OP song out of my head; what an earworm. Meanwhile, Koimonogatari's OP video is batshit crazy and I love it (and the same could be said of episode one of Koimonogatar; wow). Speaking of subs, this show's are godawful, which is particularly depressing given how much of the show revolves around dialogue and characterization. Screw Aniplex and their almost-always-terrible translation quality at an absurd price point. At least it still looks jaw-dropping.
  • Last but definitely not least, I'm about halfway through Recovery of an MMO Junkie. For obvious reasons, it reminds me of Welcome to the NHK (which I loved) but much more lighthearted; it's got that same "hitting a little too close to home" feel which pulled me into NHK quickly, but without some of the queasiness NHK induced (which ultimately was what made NHK into an outstanding show, for me). At any rate, I like soft-hitting sweet romcoms too, so I'm enjoying it a lot and expect to give it a high rating when I'm done, assuming it gets a sufficiently conclusive ending.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go revel in the rest of Koimonogatari.

Finished rewatching, Kannazuki No Miko:

I had such a huge urge to rewatch this since early this week and i finally went and did it, one of my most favorite animes and anime openings, awesome rewatch, i really love everything about this anime, characters, story, music, all of it!

Something i forgot to add was this: its strange but I ended up loving it and appreciating it more now then when I originally watched Kannazuki no Miko, it was quite a bitter sweet story that i really loved.

Edited by Strike105X

Finally got around to watching Konosuba, and I'm loving it. Have one episode left of season 1 now.

Episode 9 is my favorite so far, lol.

Spoiler

The whole scene with Kazuma making Darkness wash his back in the bath because he thought he was in the succubus' dream already was pretty funny, but what killed me was his face when he protected the succubus at the end, lmao.

I need more of this! Two seasons with 10 episodes is not enough!

Well, + the Vita game I bought in Japan. Still not enough (/ω\)

Finished watching No game No Life Zero:

It felt a bit rush, but regardless it was AMAZING! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

Capital letters can't express how much i enjoyed this movie, the artwork, characters, animation, story everything was pretty amazing, it did still leave a few question but even so, absolutely LOVED IT! My favorite anime movie probably!

I've finally caught up on watching Overlord and man, what a fun show it is. I'm not really convinced it a "good" one by any sophisticated standards, but it's just pure, unfiltered entertainment, that doesn't give a damn about things such as balanced power levels etc, fully embracing the ridiculous campiness of the RPG setting (it's exactly the reason why I also like Deathmarch, but obviously that one is much less original and has lower production values).

I also really like how it plays on the idea of "evil overlord" with a lot of ambiguity - especially the second season leads into interesting territories, with that whole "dominating the lizardmen" drama and Momonga playing with life and death. And I absolutely adore how the protagonist is internally still a dork, behind his ruthless, intimidating persona and can't get help but get flustered by the actions of his minions. Plus the over-the-top ED and OP segments, they just add like 20% more charm to the whole thing. ^^

11 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Finished Konosuba. Like I thought, 20 episodes is not enough. This is definitely my new favorite comedy anime, by far. My stomach hurt from laughing most episodes, lol.

Will be watching Konohana Kitan next. Kitsunes, yaay! <3

Welcome to the cult. Take a seat and wait for a season 3 that won't come. (did you watch the OVA though)

Image result for konosuba face

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

Welcome to the cult. Take a seat and wait for a season 3 that won't come. (did you watch the OVA though)

Image result for konosuba face

Haha, thanks. No I did not. Was not on Crunchyroll, so I'll have to watch it somewhere else.

I do also have the Vita game to play, so I luckily won't die of Konosuba deficiency just yet.

5 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Haha, thanks. No I did not. Was not on Crunchyroll, so I'll have to watch it somewhere else.

I do also have the Vita game to play, so I luckily won't die of Konosuba deficiency just yet.

I hate you for being able to play the game. :rubycry:

There's an OVA for season 1 and another for season 2, and both are as hilarious as the main show, so good luck ;o

Okay, so finally have dropping Naruto Shippuuden for a like a year or two (I forget) due to getting too fed up with the filler constantly interrupting the Great War Arc while it was on-going, I've finally finished it! :sachi:

I'm just going to watch The Last now and then I'm done with Naruto for the time being due to still being salty over the filler. :salt:

After that, I'm going to finish watching Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara and Isshuukan Friends.

Once I've finished those two, I'm going to finally continue One Piece again to catch up so I can starting watching it on a weekly basis. After the Dressrosa Arc finished, I was just too burned out to continue watching it...

After that though, I'll look into starting some of the new anime that's been released, since I haven't started any of the new stuff in a long time, and I'm sure there's plenty of good ones to watch. ^_^

Figured that might have been the case. I did the same for the Date a Live LNs, as the anime adaption skipped a handful of things.

Being in Kazuma's head does sound fun. :P Will probably get around to reading the LNs after I finish the game, though. The game is fully voiced, and there is something special about hearing the VAs yell at each other, lol.

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Being in Kazuma's head does sound fun. :P Will probably get around to reading the LNs after I finish the game, though. The game is fully voiced, and there is something special about hearing the VAs yell at each other, lol.

Are you sure the konosuba VN is fully voiced? From what I have heard it is only partly voiced. Also seems to be marked as partly voiced on vndb Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!. I haven't played it myself yet, have to complete the Date a live VN first, so haven't been able to check for myself. I know all characters atleast should have some lines based on going through the voice testing in setting though.

Edited by bakauchuujin

Yes. Well, the main cast is, anyways. I'd imagine Kazuma is only voiced in important scenes/ story related segments, as is generally the case with voiced MCs in games like this. But, other than that, I don't see any reason why the voice acting would suddenly stop midway through the game.

VNDB generally doesn't have the most accurate information on untranslated vita releases. Not too many western fans have them, after all. (Not that many of them can play them either, for that matter.)

Really? Huh, that's odd. I have played other games from the same people, and they are all voiced, even for the MCs. Man, that's a huge letdown.

But, based on some reviews, it does appear to have voices during the routes, though, so only "the common route" is voiceless. (Which might be a massive part of the game, but at the very least the character routes will have voices, which is the part I'm the most excited about anyways.)

Heh, all I had to do was literally advance one line in the game to notice it wasn't fully voiced, as the voices stop after the opening, which is where I left the game last time, lol.

5 hours ago, Dergonu said:

VNDB generally doesn't have the most accurate information on untranslated vita releases. Not too many western fans have them, after all. (Not that many of them can play them either, for that matter.)

But it's on PC too w