What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

21 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

What?

Oh, btw, i launched myself into that thing called DotHack, played DotHack Part 1 and now am going to finish DotHack DoubleSlash Sign.

Dot Hack was cool back in the early 2000s. I was there, though I didn't have a Playstation 2.

About my previous statement... I liked the anime ride of Steins;Gate, I guess you have problems understanding the thing about "Explanation". It's a track that I like a lot in the VN but in the anime it suffered a quality downgrade, it doesn't sound as cool. There are instances of VNs with cool soundtracks that when made into anime they lose their coolness.

Just now, Okarin said:

Dot Hack was cool back in the early 2000s. I was there, though I didn't have a Playstation 2.

About my previous statement... I liked the anime ride of Steins;Gate, I guess you have problems understanding the thing about "Explanation". It's a track that I like a lot in the VN but in the anime it suffered a quality downgrade, it doesn't sound as cool. There are instances of VNs with cool soundtracks that when made into anime they lose their coolness.

Oh, i see, ok.

Well, i share the same opinion about the anime, it is still one of the best VN adaptation out there, even if i also prefer the VN.

The ost was good, nothing really weird for me. 

I greatly enjoy watching Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash from start to to conclusion! Pretty much better than Sword Art online and more believable. However the thing that really caught my interest the nostalgic vibes of reminding me of greats RPGs of ages past such as Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age Origins. Probably because the party setup of six characters, party banters, and all the good stuffs. Classes and abilities are strangely alike as well... I really love Yume and Mary! :yumiko: 

Hope this anime would have a second season in the foreseeable future! :mare:    

Watching Polar Bear Cafe with my wife. A harmless watch, one of those soothing anime genres with some amusing characters, very gradual flow in story amongst a bunch of animals and some humans, just animal takes on slice of life and puns and character interactions. Many people love it, and the kids occasionally are happy to drop everything and watch an episode or two with us. It's decent enough but hardly riveting watching.

I just started Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu, and i got so fired up that i watched 10 episodes straight (i could marathon this till the morning, but i'm not a fan of "anime all-nighters")

I'm having a great time with this one, it's very intriguing and intense. Psychological animes are just perfect

I've been watching Dragonball super recently, a lot of it.

Dragonball got me into manga when i was a kid, i loved collecting the tanks monthly and placing them on my shelf side by side and watch the pictures on the sleeves connect [yes i loved the story too ;)]. I loved watching Goku grow, meeting new friends and characters, going on adventures and facing off against life and death situations. Dragonball will always have a special spot in my heart, it started it all. 

I've an adult now and i discover that a continuation? of the series with toriyama at helm with dragonball super. I never watched the dragonball anime's before this [i already read the manga and i wasn't interested in gt] so i was a bit uncertain of how it'll be. Turns out i'm enjoying it so far. I got used to goku and gohans voices pretty quickly [it was so bizarre in the beginning, they sound like they had their nuts in a vice honestly lol].

Sure there are flaws in the series, like the disjointed power ups and the downgrading of those power ups later [example, one moment those power ups can destroy the universe, 10 episodes later that point is forgotten and never explained] and the art could have been more polished. It didn't really matter too much to me though, since the sense of nostalgia was so sweet.

I loved seeing these characters again, seeing vegeta be a tsundere, and how much he cares about his family [how dare you do that to my bulmaaaaaaaaa!, shielding trunks], seeing goku be his silly, selfish, battle obsessed self but having a number of sweet moments with his family [picolo mentioned to him that its okay for him to be a bit selfish since he put his life on the line for earth so much]. Bulma being her kickass self, scheming, commanding and having everyone wrapped around her finger lol. She's in most of the episodes which is fine since i enjoy her character. Gohan studying and working as a university assistant professor, leaving martial arts aside and being a full on happy family man. I mean i can say a lot more about what i liked about the other characters, but i'm getting sleepy :vanilla:.

This anime isn't a masterpiece, but that wasn't its intention. For me, dragonball super offered nostalgia, with consistent characters [to how they were in the manga], humour, flashy battles and a simple direct story-line. The new characters like beerus, whiz, zeno [cho kawaii!] were fun and the expansion of the the dragonball universe was an interesting direction to go in. I'm not at the final saga yet[at ep 74] , so i'm guessing they'll probably go deeper into that later. I'm looking forward to it!

47 minutes ago, Sayaka said:

I watched the first episode of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, totally adored it. Hilarious and charming - plus I love the all-male cast play on the typical "cute girls doing cute things".

Sadly it's only 12 eps, I'll have to savour it.

Seems exactly like the type of thing I would enjoy. Thanks for the name!!!

6 hours ago, rambitious said:

Just finished watching Kakegurui. Such a bizarre show but I really enjoyed it. Hoping for a second season! 

Yeah I havn't finished it but I definitely enjoyed it. I love their expressions!

11 minutes ago, ittaku said:

A brilliant watch indeed. Makes me smile from start to finish. I even shed tears at times from overwhelming feelgoodness.

Yeah it really was I don't think there was a episode I didn't love. And yeah there were plenty of times that a vicious sandstorm blew into my room while I was watching it.

15 hours ago, Sayaka said:

I hope you like it too! If you do, we'll have to discuss it. :Chocola:

I'll watch the first episode in a minute, I'll edit this with my impressions then!

EDIT: My god, I laughed so much! It feels so good to watch these dumb boys doing retarded things, you know, typical teenager stuff! :wahaha: Thank you so much @Sayaka! And glasses boy is best boy!

Edited by MaggieROBOT

1 hour ago, Sayaka said:

@MaggieROBOT Have you watched the second episode yet? The rpg bit at the start is hilarious.

I love how they just start full-on acting and take it so super seriously. Oh, and the literary girl bit was great, then how they put it in the EP!

I haven't chosen best boy yet but Megane-kun is a contender... :mare:

Yeeeeeeeeeah, it was awesome! I lost it in the join the party song! And I'm loving Deliquent-kun a lot too! Oh god, that ending surely made me laugh hard, even if the song itself was quite cute!

I guess we should move our fanboyism of the next episodes to PM, or the other people here could feel left out :wahaha:

Technically Hughtto Precure since right now it's currently the only anime that I'm following lol. In regard of that, since one of episode review write about Galaxy Angel may as well tell a bit of my memory about the anime now that I remember it lol.

So basically it was back at around 2007 and I saw Galaxy Angel girls wearing unique outfits that resembled magical girl outfit, so back then it was one of my motivation to follow that anime lol (Which right now i'm realized that it was just the gad anime). After 2007, more or less I just forgot about Galaxy Angel until I find about Galaxy Angel VN with two out of the three parts were translated, and the rest is history.