What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I started SukaSuka, "Shuumatsu nani shitemasuka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte moratte ii desu ka?" Man the full name is a pain in the ass.

I really don't know what to expect, besides drama and a fantasy setting. For the time being I must say that I absolutely love the OP :isla:

I watched Season 2 of Wagnaria and am preparing to jump right into Season 3. I loved Season 1 when I saw it, quite a while ago now, but for a variety of reasons didn't get to Season 2 until recently.

The show is still hysterical, but Season 2 was a lot less gratifying than Season 1, so I'm looking forward to Season 3 actually wrapping things up properly. I wish the translation were better: this is probably the funniest anime I've ever watched, and it deserves a more clever translation than NISA gave it. I think Aniplex of America got Season 3, so we'll see if they did any better... my hopes aren't high.

13 hours ago, Shikomizue said:

Started watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood a couple days ago, on episode 19 and boy has a lot happened already. 

Every episode feels full of progression, and every interaction feels reasonable and powerful. There are plots twists I had no idea would happen, or happen so early.
I'm anticipating every episode, so that makes it good in my book so far.

World's greatest anime ever made, period. I rewatch it twice a year and never get sick of it. I still laugh and cry at the same places every time. Brilliant stuff.

7 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I watched Season 2 of Wagnaria and am preparing to jump right into Season 3. I loved Season 1 when I saw it, quite a while ago now, but for a variety of reasons didn't get to Season 2 until recently.

The show is still hysterical, but Season 2 was a lot less gratifying than Season 1, so I'm looking forward to Season 3 actually wrapping things up properly. I wish the translation were better: this is probably the funniest anime I've ever watched, and it deserves a more clever translation than NISA gave it. I think Aniplex of America got Season 3, so we'll see if they did any better... my hopes aren't high.

I thoroughly enjoyed it though I watched a fansub initially and then moved onto the official subs later. I don't recall which was better, they were just 'different'. Season 3 definitely moved better than season 2. It's great stuff. It's my wife's favourite romcom too.

For months I'm pretty much going through various feel-good anime to fend off stress, in past week it was mostly Flying Witch. Watching it is like petting a cute puppy - there's not much happening really, but you keep smiling like an idiot and forget all your problems. Highly recommended if you're into slice-of-life series. ;)

On 17/11/2017 at 8:25 AM, Jun Inoue said:

Finished Shirobako. What a great show, truly. Really enjoyed that it went more for the actual "show rather than tell", rather than just being cute girls working on animu.

Ofc, now I have the whole "man, I've finished Shirobako" depression until I find the next show... anything similar around? :sacchan:

New Game? I didn't find it quite as good as shirobako but it was still an all (cute) girls cast working on games.

5 minutes ago, ittaku said:

New Game? I didn't find it quite as good as shirobako but it was still and all (cute) girls cast working on games.

Already watched it as it aired :P

I do like it, but also agree that it's not as objectively good. It's part of why I said that I enjoyed how Shirobako went for "show rather than tell", rather than just cute girls working on anime.

1 hour ago, Akshay said:

Anyone here watched Natsume's Book of friends?

Worth watching?

It's one of those shows that if you like it, it's a gem of loveliness and enjoyable characters and interactions. Me, I was bored stupid and gave up. I think if you grew up on the whole Japanese youkai thing and personifying them you may get a lot out of it but it did not work for me on any level no matter how "nice" it looked.

+1 vote for "bored stupid" on Natsume's Book of Friends. I watched two whole seasons of it, always waiting for the show to "start". It never started, so I ended it.

The problem for me was just that it was 100% episodic. I never felt like anything was achieved, or characters grew, or relationships evolved. It was just nonstop monster-of-the-week (for a really weird definition of "monster-of-the-week", admittedly, but still). I actually enjoyed a lot of individual episodes, but I never found myself wanting to watch another one because there was no overarching plot to hook me in.

On 11/22/2017 at 7:51 AM, Fred the Barber said:

+1 vote for "bored stupid" on Natsume's Book of Friends. I watched two whole seasons of it, always waiting for the show to "start". It never started, so I ended it.

The problem for me was just that it was 100% episodic. I never felt like anything was achieved, or characters grew, or relationships evolved. It was just nonstop monster-of-the-week (for a really weird definition of "monster-of-the-week", admittedly, but still). I actually enjoyed a lot of individual episodes, but I never found myself wanting to watch another one because there was no overarching plot to hook me in.

Would you say its something like mushishi?

Something where you can enjoy an episode on occasion rather than something to binge?

9 hours ago, Akshay said:

Just finished Alderamin on the sky. It has given me a newfound hatred to open endings. And the shit that happens to him always......

I found the whole series very meh and uninspiring. I did not feel convinced of the MC's master tactical skills and the convenient plot devices were all beyond the believable. Given the number of posts I saw about this show early on about how awesome it was that the MC wasn't a virgin, I suspect the entire series ran off the power of that premise alone... and we didn't even get to see any hot sex. Says more about the audience watching and how salty they are about donkan virgins than any intrinsic value of this series itself.

15 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I found the whole series very meh and uninspiring. I did not feel convinced of the MC's master tactical skills and the convenient plot devices were all beyond the believable. Given the number of posts I saw about this show early on about how awesome it was that the MC wasn't a virgin, I suspect the entire series ran off the power of that premise alone... and we didn't even get to see any hot sex. Says more about the audience watching and how salty they are about donkan virgins than any intrinsic value of this series itself.

Actually, other than introducing him as a bit of a pervert, there wasn't much ecchi....

It was better than most battle-harem type anime, but as you said, nothing spectacular. It is definitely overhyped. A friend recommended it to me claiming, I would see tactics comparable to those in Death Note or Code Geass. I will make him unable to ever give a recommendation again.