What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Monster is absolutely fucking brilliant. I rewatched it kinda recently. It is one of those animes that no matter how many times you come back to it you will still discover new things. I can only speak praise of Monster, and Johan is a completely fascinating character.

I particularly like Dr. Reichweinn and Inspector Lunge, but I do agree that Johan is an absurdly good character.

After god knows how long, I have finally finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and I have to say, it was great. Best thing I have watched in a while. Now that that's over, I have moved on to Zero no Tsukaima since I have already read the manga.

Hmm, I might rewatch Zero no Tsukaima again myself, it's been a while since I have.  I last saw it when I saw all the seasons in a row nonstop, that was a wonderful weekend....But I will stick with finishing rewatching Monster and then rewatch one Piece from episode 1!

Hmm, I might rewatch Zero no Tsukaima again myself, it's been a while since I have.  I last saw it when I saw all the seasons in a row nonstop, that was a wonderful weekend....But I will stick with finishing rewatching Monster and then rewatch one Piece from episode 1!

Sounds like we have similar plans then. Watching all the seasons of Zero no Tsukaima and One Piece from the beginning. Should make for good procrastination material until my two projects are due

Watched Mardock Scramble: The First Compression last night. It really needed to be a longer movie and work more in the world building aspect. Very well animated though, and an interesting premise, but ends up being an average movie. It's just too short on details. I'm hoping The Second Compression rights some of the wrongs, but my hopes aren't very high.

Also made decent progress in ef: A Tale of Melodies. It's not quite as good as Memories, but still pretty damn good. That said, I love the style of animation Shaft does, so I'm biased. 

Watched Mardock Scramble: The First Compression last night. It really needed to be a longer movie and work more in the world building aspect. Very well animated though, and an interesting premise, but ends up being an average movie. It's just too short on details. I'm hoping The Second Compression rights some of the wrongs, but my hopes aren't very high.

Also made decent progress in ef: A Tale of Melodies. It's not quite as good as Memories, but still pretty damn good. That said, I love the style of animation Shaft does, so I'm biased. 

The First Compression was more of an introductory film for the series, The Second Combustion is far greater in my opinion, and The Third Exhaust is really good as well.

i finished joshiraku and yuru yuri, i'll try yuru yuri 2 after i finish little busters!

Just finished up ef: A Tale of Melodies. I think I'm happy that I watched the anime rather than read the VN. Shaft absolutely blew me away with it. Easily my number 2 favorite series now. 

how do you know the VN is not even better than the anime if you haven't read it?

i finished joshiraku and yuru yuri, i'll try yuru yuri 2 after i finish little busters!

Yuru Yuri is one of those shows I know doesn't even try to do anything, but for some reason I really have fond memories of it. 

edit: Oh yeah I forgot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvWb6j0hv24

---

I'm halfway through Princess Tutu and really like it so far. I don't really know how to explain it, but it never exaggerates, never put too much emphasis or too much drama. It's always so captivating though. It feels like a mix between Doremi and Utena, with some sort of depressing mood but likable characters.

how do you know the VN is not even better than the anime if you haven't read it?

I didn't say I thought it was better than the VN. But I highly doubt the VN can pull off what the anime did. What I meant to say is I don't regret not reading the VN, even if I've ruined the VN with unrealistic expectations now. 

I finished Hanasaku Iroha yesterday, still have to watch the movie.  I must say I was really impressed, it is quite deserving of the praise I had seen.  A finely crafted anime.  The story and characters were filled with depth despite some falling into certain obvious archetypes,  The animation was also top notch and very pleasing to look at, all in subtlety, like the rest of the show.  The whole crew of Kissuisso really grows on you as you watch the show.

Yuru Yuri is one of those shows I know doesn't even try to do anything, but for some reason I really have fond memories of it. 

edit: Oh yeah I forgot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvWb6j0hv24

---

I'm halfway through Princess Tutu and really like it so far. I don't really know how to explain it, but it never exaggerates, never put too much emphasis or too much drama. It's always so captivating though. It feels like a mix between Doremi and Utena, with some sort of depressing mood but likable characters.

waaaaaa make it stop!

EDIT: i just noticed i went off topic, i'll start a new anime to compensate, i'll be watching Yuru Yuri 2, Little Busters! and the first season from Ef

ef seems interesting, shaft animation style is always amazing, but covering 3 routes in 12 episodes seems like an impossible task, they seem to be making all of them run at the same time, but even then it has a fast-pace. they also changed chihiro's hair color for some reason, and if i heard properly the seiyuus for some characters changed.

overall it is interesting to keep me watching but it has many flaws.  And damn, i'm going to get pissed at Kenji again and even more than before.

also i wonder how they are going to make Kei's route without finishing Miya's route

ef seems interesting, shaft animation style is always amazing, but covering 3 routes in 12 episodes seems like an impossible task, they seem to be making all of them run at the same time, but even then it has a fast-pace. they also changed chihiro's hair color for some reason, and if i heard properly the seiyuus for some characters changed.

overall it is interesting to keep me watching but it has many flaws.  And damn, i'm going to get pissed at Kenji again and even more than before.

also i wonder how they are going to make Kei's route without finishing Miya's route

You assume that they're actually going to do Kei's route XD

Finished Clannad and Clannad after story and had my share of tears for now.

It's time for something more bright so I just started Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan and i'm on episode 5,

Also the first mecha anime i'm watching, hopefully it'll give me a better prespective on mecha.

So far so good, it's pretty hilarious and random and Gurren Laggan is quite badass. I know this is a classic but I never got around to it before.

Well i have high hopes now.

You assume that they're actually going to do Kei's route XD

wait. They're not? Kei's my favorite heroine from Ef so far! no pun intended 

Finished Clannad and Clannad after story and had my share of tears for now.

It's time for something more bright so I just started Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan and i'm on episode 5,

Also the first mecha anime i'm watching, hopefully it'll give me a better prespective on mecha.

So far so good, it's pretty hilarious and random and Gurren Laggan is quite badass. I know this is a classic but I never got around to it before.

Well i have high hopes now.

just a share of tears for now? i still cry every night i remember clannad (i wish i was kidding).

your first Mecha... that's weird Code Geass is really popular. I see Code Geass as the master of Cliffhangers if there's someone who knows of a different one feel free to recommend it, though i would probably watch it after a while

just a share of tears for now? i still cry every night i remember clannad (i wish i was kidding).

your first Mecha... that's weird Code Geass is really popular. I see Code Geass as the master of Cliffhangers if there's someone who knows of a different one feel free to recommend it, though i would probably watch it after a while

Don't get me wrong, i watched a streak of depressing anime: Angel Beats, AnoHana, Clannad, Clannad After Story

All in a row, and all for the first time too. I think I cried enough.. Clannad made me cry too and now i want something that'll cheer me up.

I haven't watched Code Geass simply for the reason it's a mecha, however like i said i wanted something that'll cheer me up and i read that gurren laggan is a well put together shounen comedy with action and it has mecha so i figured it's just the right mixture of new elements and hilarity. Code Geass might be good but it's too dark for what i'm in the mood now.

If i enjoy gurren laggan i'll watch Code Geass after as i'm aware it's highly rated.