What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

11 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Excuse me? You mean to tell me Bananya isn't the next anime masterpiece, rivaling the likes of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Spirited Away?

This show is literally the reason anime should still exist!

Reveal hidden contents

Cmh7gGCWIAAuX_5.jpg

Cmh7iecXEAA6PMe.jpg

Cmh7jFnWEAMC7vB.jpg

Cmh7jx6WcAA7d_1.jpg

I never said it wasn't :makina: Kids always get the best stuff!

I'd love to have been in the boardroom that came up with the idea for it.

@john 'mr. customer' smith, thank you so much for mentioning Amaama to Inazuma. It was absolutely stunning.

The art was really nice (I particularly like the eye designs), and they nailed the relationship between father and daughter. The bittersweet atmosphere is just excellent, too.

I only welled up twice. I expect this series will make me do so a lot more.

Kyousougiga is such an odd series. Unfortunately, my scrub mind was mostly incapable of deciphering the plot, and I couldn't figure out half the riddles that the characters were throwing at me. Despite my lack of understanding, I did still enjoy the story. In spite of my general lack of understanding, I still felt a certain sense of mystification at the setting and was even emotionally attached to the characters I didn't really know. It was an interesting experience, I just wish I could've understood it better. At least I can fully appreciate the art style (which was really good imo). :miyako:

Watching Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans right now. I tell ya, after my go-through with Kyousougiga, it's refreshing to get a plot I can actually comprehend this time around. This one revolves around intergalactic politics and the belittlement of certain groups (don't worry, this is revealed early on), so I'm actually very interested in seeing how this turns out. The characters are easy to sympathize with and feel motivated for. The combat can be nerve-wracking at times. :michiru:

Just finished watching the gokusen.

Currently i am watching space brothers and having a lot of fun doing it.
I origionally skipped the series in order to binge watch it as some point in time and i must say that i am really impressed by the series.
It has some great characters and the pacing is some of the best i have seen in recent time.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans was kinda underwhelming at the end, but I guess I also had the expectation that the story would've concluded within the season. Had no idea there'd be a sequel until the announcement came up at the very end of the episode. And with all the developments that took place, I'm actually really looking forward to season 2 now. It won't be much longer before that airs either. :mare:

Other than that, everything leading up to the finish was pretty fantastic! The character development was solid, the setting was interesting, and there was quite a bit of suspense in the action. My only real complaint was that there were WAY too many conveniences in the plot. I mean, honestly, the whole journey to Earth just felt like one big stroke of luck after another. Not to get the wrong idea, there weren't any noticeable asspulls, but it wasn't very clever in how it advanced the plot. That said, I suppose I can't really think of any other way for the plot to realistically progress without this kind of thing happening, given the nature of the setting and the characters involved. At least the anime did make a point to acknowledge that these scenarios were lucky, and even focused on the leader's general recklessness in decision-making. Plus, I get the feeling it'll try to tackle the plot a little more intelligently after the developments toward the end. Overall, I'd say I enjoyed this series. Some of the characters hit me like a ton of bricks.

Finished Nisekoi. I don't know, it was kinda off and on for me. There were some parts that I thought were pretty cute, but for a rom-com, I wasn't overly thrilled to watch this as I usually am with the genre. Some of the jokes were alright. I felt like most of characters' charm came from the voice actors (they did a fantastic job in this series).

As a promise to certain Marimite big fan here, I'd watch Maria-sama ga Miteru. As for the premise, I think Marimite fan should already knew enough, but basically there were 3 groups for main character and our MC Yumi was belonged to one of the three groups. This anime was definitely quite good, and yes there's no too much explicit love there, only somewhat strong bond between girls there. Anyway, Marimite was definitely good anime here.

By the way, could someone fill me what's the ending for Marimite Light Novel here? Because I'm curious if Yumi will get the title from her onee sama here. I think that's all for my impression, and sorry if I couldn't write more.

11 hours ago, littleshogun said:

By the way, could someone fill me what's the ending for Marimite Light Novel here? Because I'm curious if Yumi will get the title from her onee sama here. I think that's all for my impression, and sorry if I couldn't write more.

I didn't follow that last part - you know there are four seasons to the anime, though, right? Sounds like maybe you only watched the first season? By the end of the last season, at least,

Spoiler

Yumi is an onee-sama herself.

I am watching Shigatsu wa kimi no osu , so far so good. I actually like the drama in the anime for once thou I guess this is only for the main char , I am not the kind who likes drama due to romance mostly. 

Also it's been a while since I enjoyed an opening the way I enjoy this opening ~~~~~~~~ 

About to start Boku dake ga Inai Machi (erased) after it has been recommended to me by couple of friends. I've been told that it'll suit my tastes just fine,although i've heard that it may or may not have a horrendous excuse for an ending.

welp,we'll see how that goes.

Watched Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge. 

It's very rare for me watch a show where literally every character is likeable, but this show did it. It was a joy to watch every single episode, and my only regret is that it had to end.

If you're looking for a fun, easy going slice of life that doesn't revolve around cute girls doing cute things, this is the show for you.

Coincidentally, I finished the first series of JJBA today and watched the first two episodes of JJBA: Stardust Crusaders. First season really was amazing stuff; I love how they go to the wall, every time, no regrets. I'm still getting adjusted to all the changes in Stardust Crusaders, but I'm loving it, too; I wouldn't be surprised if I end up liking it even more than the first series.

I also watched the first two episodes of Acchi Kocchi today, because @AaronIsCrunchy's avatars were too cute so I bought it on Blu Ray, and it finally arrived today (along with my full Yona of the Dawn set, yessss, I might just go rewatch that, maybe even watch the dub, who knows, could get crazy). Anyway, Acchi Kocchi is really sweet, and yet the characters manage to feel real, rather than being predictable tropes rendered into animation; a rare combination. I'm really enjoying it, looking forward to watching more.

Edit: Just noticed I used three semicolons in this post. I may have a problem.

1 hour ago, Fred the Barber said:

I also watched the first two episodes of Acchi Kocchi today, because @AaronIsCrunchy's avatars were too cute so I bought it on Blu Ray, and it finally arrived today (along with my full Yona of the Dawn set, yessss, I might just go rewatch that, maybe even watch the dub, who knows, could get crazy). Anyway, Acchi Kocchi is really sweet, and yet the characters manage to feel real, rather than being predictable tropes rendered into animation; a rare combination. I'm really enjoying it, looking forward to watching more.

Edit: Just noticed I used three semicolons in this post. I may have a problem.

Acchi Kocchi was cute but I never really got particularly exited by it. It remained cute to the end but was one of the shows I could use late at night to help me feel sleepy - which is not necessarily a bad sign but shows how little I got worked up by it.

Your semicolon use is a sign of you editing and realising how they should be used far more frequently than they normally are; most people have forgotten, lost, or never really understood their purpose in modern English usage.