What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I just finished psycho pass and am watching the movie. I loved the first season and the second was ok, pissed the got rid of the other characters in the first season. But i fell in love with the protagonist after a few episodes even though i didn't like her at first. Only problem I have with her is she has that bullshit trait of she needs to follow the law and never kills anyone, even the main antagonist.

Trying to watch anime simultaneously, on the more well known ones, such as RWBY and Kill la Kill. The later is fast paced, but i'm sure that's just how the show goes, i'm sure it takes getting used to. Not saying the action is bad cause it's pretty good.:D Good thing about RWBY is that I don't have to pay attention to subtitles and the music is effing amazing. Ruby and Yang are my favs so far. It's also good that the side characters aren't getting left out of the story too. This has definitely caught my attention!

6 hours ago, CvkHawk1547 said:

Is Koutetsujou no Kabaneri worth watching???

I heard from someone this anime is a carbon copy from SnK...

It's sensational and the best series this season. The parallels between it and SnK are obvious but it's very much a unique storyline and that association will not get in the way of you enjoying Koutetsujou. Definitely watch it.

EDIT: Myself I finished watching Brighter than the dawning blue which was cute but painfully predictable and stupid romantic - just what I wanted to watch. Currently I'm finishing off oreshura and it's hilarious. Wish I'd watched this earlier.

4 hours ago, ittaku said:

It's sensational and the best series this season. The parallels between it and SnK are obvious but it's very much a unique storyline and that association will not get in the way of you enjoying Koutetsujou. Definitely watch it.

EDIT: Myself I finished watching Brighter than the dawning blue which was cute but painfully predictable and stupid romantic - just what I wanted to watch. Currently I'm finishing off oreshura and it's hilarious. Wish I'd watched this earlier.

definitely doesn't look anything like attack on titan.

8 hours ago, ittaku said:

Alright then I'm gonna give it a try...

Thanks man...

As part of my efforts to know all of the playable characters featured in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, I'm planning to knock out all related animes this summer

Hmm,
HI2v82W.jpg (960×544)
Asuna    Sword Art Online 
Kirito    Sword Art Online
Kirino Kosaka    Oreimo
Kuroyukihime    Accel World 
Mikoto Misaka    A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun
Miyuki Shiba    The Irregular at Magic High School
Rentarō Satomi    Black Bullet
Shana    Shakugan no Shana
Shizuo Heiwajima    Durarara!!
Taiga Aisaka    Toradora!
Tomoka Minato    Ro-Kyu-Bu!
Yukina Himeragi   Strike the Blood

^Bolded are the ones I don't know. Huh. I actually know alot \^_^/

But anyways, I'm going with Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei / The Irregular at Magic High School

Finished Nagato Yuki-chan

It was... okay, I guess. Much preferred the manga though

And it's been a while, so I'm going to rewatch something, and that 'something' is going to be No Game No Life

13 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

As part of my efforts to know all of the playable characters featured in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, I'm planning to knock out all related animes this summer

Hmm,
HI2v82W.jpg (960×544)
Kirino Kosaka    Oreimo

But anyways, I'm going with Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei / The Irregular at Magic High School

You really haven't watched anime, huh?

9 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Hmm,
HI2v82W.jpg (960×544)
Kirino Kosaka    Oreimo

You didn't know Kirino? I guess the hype behind her series ended a couple years ago, but I saw Kirino everywhere before. 

Kaguya used a Miyuki avatar here at one point, I'm assuming you at least know of Durarara. Lastly, Loli Basketball is alright, if you're into lolis :makina:  It's a blast if you are. 

Out of that list, I've watched all of SAO, OreImo, Accel World, Railgun, Black Bullet, Shana, Toradora. Saw S1 of Durarara and Ro-Kyu-Bu, first half of Mahouka, and only the first arc of Strike The Blood. 

The best out of the ones  you bolded is definitely Durarara, though, I really loved OreImo (until the ending ONAs... why... why... just why.....)

Actually finishing anime for once. Got a few more knocked out from my on-hold list, and they weren't too bad. I hope I don't get my head bit off for this, but I thought Charlotte was fairly satisfying. Didn't care about the plot at all, but the drama was there and I'm happy with it.

Didn't like Golden Time as much as I thought I would, but I still liked it. Banri x Kouko is adorable, if a bit frustrating at times. I do appreciate the added twist they put on the protagonist's amnesia to make his story a little more unique.

BlazBlue was just random as fuck, and I couldn't understand the story at all. Not sure if the VN is the same way since I didn't really get much into the story mode and I still need to get my PS3 back to play it, but at least the gameplay would put it ahead of the anime (which didn't get a lot of love in terms of animation).

Picking up Classroom Crisis tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Hmm,
HI2v82W.jpg (960×544)
Kirino Kosaka    Oreimo

Enjoy Ro-Kyu-Bu! ^^
I've actually watched every anime on that list except for The Irregular at Magic High School, but I've already picked up the manga and LN. Heard the anime didn't turn out too well.

1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Picking up Classroom Crisis tomorrow.

I've actually watched every anime on that list except for The Irregular at Magic High School, but I've already picked up the manga and LN. Heard the anime didn't turn out too well.

I'd recommend doing the opposite. Irregular was good. Classroom Crisis was garbage.

10 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I'd recommend doing the opposite. Irregular was good. Classroom Crisis was garbage.

If I hate it enough, I'll drop it. I'm not impressed by what I've seen so far, but I don't dislike it either. My main goal right now is to clear my on-hold list, and Classroom Crisis just happens to be on it.

Holy crapppp Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Usagi Drop, and Chiyafuru are amazing! 

Basically marathoned the first two a few days ago and everything about them was flawless, literally everything. The soundtracks fit the respective shows outstandingly, they both managed to convey a more realistic take on love and tragedies (though it still is fiction), and the characters really managed to flourish. I felt connected with all of the main casts in both of the shows! So many times I would yell out loud or my mouth would drop or any number of emotions. The characters in both of those shows are real in my mind now, no doubt. I can imagine so well what they felt, how they are doing, everything. It just feels like someone had to have gone through something like that. 

Then Chiyafuru, holy cow is it great. Definitely on the same level as the other two shows mentioned. I started like a day or two ago and I'm over half way through the first season. The soundtrack, characters, animation all of it made me do the exact same things, and feel the same way as the other two shows. Seeing how it has two seasons I can only get more excited! If only people in the US played karuta :komari:

Read the manga after if you can as well, it's just as beautiful and intense as the anime. Chihayafuru managed to make a really unknown sport into a thrilling experience, and I can only pray they make season 3 someday (the anime ends where shit starts going down for real :wafuu:)

I recommend you watch some IRL Karuta matches, it's very fascinating.

Well I "finished" watching  Nijuu Mensou no Musume finally.. It was good at first I enjoyed it but around episode 12 I got bored and at 15 I skipped to 20 because I wanted to get it over with. I've been going through my list of female protag anime and haven't found many good ones.

43 minutes ago, Justin579 said:

I've been going through my list of female protag anime and haven't found many good ones.

I combed through my MAL for female protagonist shows that I've thoroughly enjoyed, some of which might be of interest to you (judge for yourself based on the keywords, perhaps). In rough order of how much I like them:

• Maria-sama ga Miteru (drama set at an all-girls school)
  • Yona of the Dawn (adventure, action, romance)
  • Chihayafuru (sports, I guess, if you want to label it? But it's a weird sport)
  • Madoka (I'm sure you've already seen it, but I list it for completeness)
  • Nodame Cantabile (romance + music)
  • K-On! (moe girls in a band)
  • Nozaki-kun (hysterical comedy)
  • Haibane Renmei (I really don't know how to describe this one - perhaps "thoughtful" is the best brief description?)
  • Ouran High School Host Club (comedy, reverse harem)
  • Oshiete Galko-chan (comedy shorts, refreshingly different, very quick show to watch all of)
  • Seirei no Moribito (watched this a long time ago, but I recall it being a pretty good adventure story)
  • Say "I Love You" (romance, drama, and much more "real" than pretty much anything else I've watched that I'd label with those two words)
  • Girls und Panzer (moe girls in tanks)
  • A Certain Scientific Railgun (moe girls with esper powers)

Edit: Also, Ghost in the Shell. Holy shit does that show hold up well.

Managed to get one episode of Classroom Crisis in. If it bores me for the next ep, I'm gonna drop it. Probably the worst series I've watched since picking it back up. It has enough overused anime tropes to make me want to stab my eyes out. The only thing that's keeping me interested is the business aspect of it, but even that isn't worth much.

35 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Ouran High School Host Club (comedy, reverse harem)

I'd like to 2nd this. It's a great show, really. Love the characters and the romance.

Up to Episode 10 of The Irregular at Magic High School.

Pretty standard stuff so far, just an overpowered, capable calm n' collected protagonist lacking in magical talent and his idolizing-to-borderline-incestuous-lust talented imouto living out their days at an elite magic skoo while dealing with school cultural WEED vs BLOOM problems and taking out the occasional terrorist squad.

Enjoyable. I heard the quality dips in the latter half, though, so I'll be on guard for that.

8 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Pretty standard stuff so far, just an overpowered, capable calm n' collected protagonist lacking in magical talent and his idolizing-to-borderline-incestuous-lust talented imouto living out their days at an elite magic skoo while dealing with school cultural WEED vs BLOOM problems and taking out the occasional terrorist squad.

Enjoyable. I heard the quality dips in the latter half, though, so I'll be on guard for that.

Wait, this show has an idolizing imouto character? Reprioritizing...

2 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I was almost excited enough to buy a deck on Amazon after finishing the show. Enjoy the rest of it, it's fantastic!

I did the same thing LOL :sacchan:

2 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

I recommend you watch some IRL Karuta matches, it's very fascinating.

I also have done that already! :wafuu: This anime really got me hyped up. It's a shame that it didn't finish in the anime but at the same time a blessing. Once the anime is done onto the manga! 

26 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

It covers a more sedate arc. The problem is the anime follows only the first out of 6 light novel arcs (or something,) and I never see the point of porting a story to a different medium if you're just going to stop a fraction of the way through. People say it's 'advertising', but I still don't get it. There's gotta be a better way to advertise than make a 26 episode tv series ...

9 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Wait, this show has an idolizing imouto character? Reprioritizing...

Ya, they have this inseparable bond type of relationship with Miyuki leaning a bit towards the forbidden love side for her onii-sama Tatsuya.  

Spoiler

FQtHlKB.jpg (960×535)

vXiNF4O.jpg (960×533)

She's also the graceful-iceprincess type, so when she get's jealous 'cos some girl is fangirling over Tatsuya she can be pretty cute (scary?). 

Spoiler

qwHzvKI.jpg (960×540)

Lastly, you can bet that any dumbass(es) who threatens one of them will get their ass kicked by the other :makina: 

Spoiler

P79bnak.jpg (960×536)

~~
uIghMHB.jpg (960×536)