What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

7 hours ago, Templarseeker said:

Just finished watching Oreimo both seasons through my Windows Phone. Its was one heck of a experience! Really enjoy it from beginning till the very end, the anime pretty hilarious most of the time, I had a blast seeing Kyousuke and Kirino's quarrels and their occasional life advice sessions.

The other casts are pretty cool too!  Kyousuke could have got a harem if he wanted since  most of the female cast confessed their feelings to him but instead he all turns them down in favor for his sister as that was the point of the show that is.

But he dumped his sister too... :vinty:

I have no idea how you managed to enjoy an ending like that.

17 hours ago, ittaku said:

You're one of the few people on earth that enjoyed the ending... maybe the only person. Anyway can you edit your post to hide the ending spoiler? There may still be a few people who haven't suffered that ending yet and bad form to spoil shows in that way no matter how fucked up it is.

Oh my apologies for the spoilers, I'll take heed in hiding spoilers in the future, my bad. :rimu:

Spoiler

Umm... Perhaps... Although I also find the ending somehow bittersweet but its not the ending itself that I enjoy, instead its about their journey in how they ended up where they are now, helping out his sister with her hobbies and reconciling their relationship, their constant sibling quarrel, the catfights Kirino and Ruri underwent, the confession from the varies female casts and all sorts of drama and slice of life stuffs especially regarding Kyousuke sexually harassing Ayase oftentimes which is quite hilarious to watch... :mare:

My only complain for the this anime was the length, being too short and all. Well at least its a lot better than Spiral hehehe.... 

17 hours ago, Nosebleed said:
Spoiler

But he dumped his sister too... :vinty:

I have no idea how you managed to enjoy an ending like that.

Spoiler

Hmm... I believe it was Kirino's idea of ending their relationship as couple and go back from being normal siblings after the wedding, Kyousuke just goes along with for the sake of agreeing with her, he never dumped her in the first place. He even kiss her despite having already split up.

The scene is something like this

Spoiler

coalgirls_ore_no_imouto_ga_konna_ni_kawa

Although I have to agree with the majority that the ending quite a downer and a turn off... All that emotional momentum between the casts all went to waste tsk tsk... But its not the ending that I enjoy instead its about the personal growth and the journey the cast went through in reconciling their ones shattered relationship and most of all, the catfights XD:mare:

I watched the first four episodes of Charlotte. It's a "watching while cooking" show for me, so I'm not watching it that carefully, which means it would have to hit a pretty high level for me to get attached to it. Definitely not there yet.

So far, the show is fine but nothing special. The best part of the show so far is the female lead's character and her voice actress. There's something about the way she's written and the way the voice actress delivers her lines that I find unique and enjoyable. The male lead's little sister was adorable at first, but now is just grating. None of the other characters has really grabbed me at all. The show's ideas and setting are interesting, but not all that interesting.

I realize I'm not to the controversial part yet. Frankly, I'm ready for it; episodic stuff (which is the current vibe of the show) isn't really my thing, and I'm about ready for a twist or ten that can be turned into a longer plot arc. I'm hoping my unabashedly shit taste will carry me through whatever it is that so many people dislike about it, but only time will tell.

Still, it's already kind of disappointing. I'm only four episodes in, I suppose, but to put it in perspective, Angel Beats! quite literally changed my life within three episodes, so this one definitely isn't living up to, well, any other Key anime I've ever seen. I'm not surprised, given the reactions I've seen, but I'm still disappointed.

1 hour ago, Templarseeker said:

Oh my apologies for the spoilers, I'll take heed in hiding spoilers in the future, my bad. :rimu:

Mate, your entire followup post is no better... it's still chock full of spoilers and spoiler discussion. Your other post was edited by a mod...

8 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I watched the first four episodes of Charlotte. It's a "watching while cooking" show for me, so I'm not watching it that carefully, which means it would have to hit a pretty high level for me to get attached to it. Definitely not there yet.

So far, the show is fine but nothing special. The best part of the show so far is the female lead's character and her voice actress. There's something about the way she's written and the way the voice actress delivers her lines that I find unique and enjoyable. The male lead's little sister was adorable at first, but now is just grating. None of the other characters has really grabbed me at all. The show's ideas and setting are interesting, but not all that interesting.

I realize I'm not to the controversial part yet. Frankly, I'm ready for it; episodic stuff (which is the current vibe of the show) isn't really my thing, and I'm about ready for a twist or ten that can be turned into a longer plot arc. I'm hoping my unabashedly shit taste will carry me through whatever it is that so many people dislike about it, but only time will tell.

Still, it's already kind of disappointing. I'm only four episodes in, I suppose, but to put it in perspective, Angel Beats! quite literally changed my life within three episodes, so this one definitely isn't living up to, well, any other Key anime I've ever seen. I'm not surprised, given the reactions I've seen, but I'm still disappointed.

Stay strong my friend, you will need all the will power you can muster.

Charlotte's premise wasn't too bad, I thought it'd be more slice of life oriented, but then shit happens...

Things only go bad after episode 6 so you still have 2 episodes to quit. :makina:

I watched the show twice, one by myself and one with a friend, and both times it just couldn't redeem itself.

Finished bodacious space pirates. It was okay. The last 4 of the 26 episodes were finally a little engaging and there were some mildly amusing character moments but not enough.  The story really never broke out of its shell being largely pointless and the drama was always fixed with incredible ease and infinite coincidences making it not much more than a kid's show. The animation was very pretty and the ED has great music at least.

Next up AmagamiSS. I've finished the first arc and so far so good.

1 hour ago, ittaku said:

Next up AmagamiSS. I've finished the first arc and so far so good.

Amagami SS is great if you like the character (I liked all 6 of them, so yeah). Fun series with a nice change to the typical harem VN by turning it into individual separate arcs.

Just finished God eater, and it was awesome, really nice animation, at the cost of a really high budget too, but it was worth it,story was starting out slow, but as it progresses, you get sucked into it, the theme of hope is nicely done as well,piecing it together from all the characters and giving off a unified idea, now I'm raelly exicited for the port of god eater, don't know when its coming out, but really pumped for it now,also episode 10 was really touching, haven't felt this much emotions since Code geass's ending, Moving on to Gate, the dream that I'v always had, where modern firepower would just crush all opposition, since modern military is considered the weakest thing in anime, usually getting destroyed by magic, monsters, super powers or other stuff, for once they can finally ride on top, and I'm so happy about that. 

You can spit on me if you like. But I am thinking about reading or watching Naruto again. Without any of the fillers and stuff. I like the universe and I think it is really well done. But this is probably something I decide to do during my summer vacation. Around 400 episodes (excluded the 40 - 41% of fillers... -.-) up to date. That's "only" around 134 hours.

Either Naruto or One Piece. But because Naruto is finished I am leaning towards it. And I don't really have to watch or read the most recent stuff (1 - 2 year old).

I think I regret that decision now. But I want to watch something. Spring anime season is not good. Let's say I watch 4 - 5 episodes a day before I go to bed I can do it in 90 days or so. That's a lot still though. But it would most likely fill my void of anime I am missing today. I am just rewatching stuff since I don't have anything new to watch. Watched HunterXHunter and re watched To aru Majatsu/kagaku Index/Railgun the past months. 

I'm bored more or less.

1 hour ago, SilverLi said:

You can spit on me if you like. But I am thinking about reading or watching Naruto again. Without any of the fillers and stuff. I like the universe and I think it is really well done. But this is probably something I decide to do during my summer vacation. Around 400 episodes (excluded the 40 - 41% of fillers... -.-) up to date. That's "only" around 134 hours.

Either Naruto or One Piece. But because Naruto is finished I am leaning towards it. And I don't really have to watch or read the most recent stuff (1 - 2 year old).

I think I regret that decision now. But I want to watch something. Spring anime season is not good. Let's say I watch 4 - 5 episodes a day before I go to bed I can do it in 90 days or so. That's a lot still though. But it would most likely fill my void of anime I am missing today. I am just rewatching stuff since I don't have anything new to watch. Watched HunterXHunter and re watched To aru Majatsu/kagaku Index/Railgun the past months. 

I'm bored more or less.

I have fond memories of enjoying the good arcs in Naruto. The chunin exams in the first series, for example, was some high-quality entertainment. I certainly wouldn't judge you for wanting to watch those.

However, rewatching old stuff from time to time is nice, but surely there's new stuff out there you could be watching. If your MAL's up-to-date, then maybe give Rokka no Yuusha a try (seems to be in your areas of interest, and is quite good). Or maybe try something completely different like Haibane Renmei (often considered a masterpiece).

39 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I have fond memories of enjoying the good arcs in Naruto. The chunin exams in the first series, for example, was some high-quality entertainment. I certainly wouldn't judge you for wanting to watch those.

However, rewatching old stuff from time to time is nice, but surely there's new stuff out there you could be watching. If your MAL's up-to-date, then maybe give Rokka no Yuusha a try (seems to be in your areas of interest, and is quite good). Or maybe try something completely different like Haibane Renmei (often considered a masterpiece).

I actually watched that. Good thing you reminded me of updating that. I'm doing that soon enough.

Watched episode 5 of Charlotte. It was awesome. I'm trying to give episode 6 the best possible odds of success, so I'm moving to watching it in the living room instead of while cooking. That left a gap in my programming, and I thought I could do with something a bit less predictable, which led me to...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Nice. Very nice. I'm two episodes in, and I love the heavy stylization (of damn near everything) and the atmosphere. Some pretty unique shit going down here. I'm already really looking forward to where it goes next, even though it's really only got a few pieces in play so far.

Incidentally, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Yes's "Roundabout" for the ED in JoJo. I listened to a shitton of Yes back when I was a teenager (and, no, I'm not that old - they were already ancient at the time), but I've hardly listened to them since. I don't think I could have named anything less likely to be used for an anime ED, but I guess they could've done something weirder if they'd tried; maybe played a song from Tales from Topographic Oceans over an entire episode or something.

On 31/3/2016 at 10:04 AM, Leaf said:

I understand, it really is a show aimed toward younger audiences really, if you've seen some fights with the Clow Cards they are more like nuisances to Sakura's normal life than actual dangerous threats to her life and others. It's also about romance mostly focused on grade school kids so it can be seen as girly too. Well this anime is not for everyone I got to say, if you want more adult romance and more action with magic then you might not like this series, that much I got to say.:miyako:

Okay now i'm gonna talk about the good points about the show which I think make Cardcaptor Sakura.

Sakura is in terms an ordinary girl, she has a family, goes to school, does homework, chores, hangs out with friends,goes through crushes and gets into fights with her brother, normal things for a kid her age. Until Bam!!, she is suddenly thrown on this ride to capture the Clow Cards and stop them from causing trouble. The thing endearing about her is that she was not trained or prepared for this, just an ordinary girl caught up in unordinary ordeals. In a way we can relate to her, cause i'm sure we've had a few surprises that come out of nowhere in life and then we have to adapt to it and make it part of your regular life despite not being asked for it. The focus is not just in Sakura's battle against the magic forces she has to confront, but also juggling her life along with relationships she has with those she holds dear. Be it her best friend Tomoyo, her father and brother, and her crush Yukito. Her interactions with people make the show more than just a magical girl fighting the Clow Cards, but also about fighting for the life she has right now.

It can be a great series if you give it a chance and there will be other characters introduced that will bring more relevance and spice to the plot, just wait till ep.8, ep.20, and ep.26 and see what I mean. This is all my opinion on the show, it's entirely up to you whether you wanna continue with it or not. You are in charge of you after all!:sacchan: RELEASE!!

Giving this another go since there are so many episodes. I'm up to 11 now and the show has picked up somewhat with some amusing character interactions and development as you said. The overriding fantasy story is still childish but not enough to make me stop watching it. I'll keep going now.

My problem with Charlotte is not episode 6 but what happens afterwards. I was getting tired of the "bad guy of the week" vibe from the previous episodes and got super hype after episode 6. And then got horribly, HORRIBLY disappointed. Just when I thought the series was going to pick up, it did a nose dive. And then another, and then once more just to round out the season....

If my sources (which are basically hearsay mind you) are to be believed, Meada's allotted time to work with got cut in half. Charlotte could have been like many other Key works. Starting out with several slice of life episodes in the beginning to get you to like the characters, eventually culminating into a twist with a big bang at the end. Instead... well you'll see for yourself.

Trying to finish things off, so I wrapped up both Love Live season 2 (finally, after a month or two) and Charlotte. First, Charlotte:

Spoiler

Well, that took a ride on the WTF train pretty quickly, didn't it?

Episode 6 was a little too shocking, but I could've rolled with it if it was handled well. Episode 7, unfortunately, was pretty much the worst thing ever (though Tomori was very sweet in it, and I fell for her all over again). And then episode 8 somehow managed to compound the horribleness of episode 7, which was quite a feat. It wasn't actually all that bad from there, except that it felt like I was getting jerked around through a long list of plot points that had to be covered without nearly enough time to digest it.

That said, I thought the last episode was actually good (not great, but good). It didn't come close to making up for the horrifying path that got us there, but it still felt like a suitable (if not remotely believable) way to wrap up the show. It was fun seeing about a dozen ideas for powers appear, even if they were largely one-offs, and I liked some of the little points of focus (the girl with healing abilities, and the last girl with powers).

Can't go without adding: I loathed the Engrish, every time it happened, and it just kept happening. It's absolutely horrifying to me that they had Marina do a completely Engrish song; it's not that her accent was all that bad (I've heard much worse), but rather that the lyrics were worse than 8th-grade poetry. Make it stop. Also, it sounded like in some cases they actually got native English speakers to do the voice acting for the foreigner characters near the end, and those lines were actually English rather than Engrish, but unfortunately the voice actors doing those lines were even worse than the show's plot mishaps. Ugh.

I guess I end up agreeing with many of the naysayers: tons of potential in the ideas, near-complete failure on the execution of those ideas.

And then, Love Live season 2 thoughts, no need for spoilers. I really wasn't sold for the first 2/3 of the season. It was mostly kind of boring, though it had its moments, mostly comedic (I mentioned one of them earlier in this thread). But I thought the last 1/3 of the season was excellent, totally nailing all the pieces that made me love the first season. A solid, satisfying conclusion for the show.

Edit: Just noticed there's an album by "ZHIEND", with all music composed and arranged by Hikarisyuyo and Marina on vocals. More importantly, it's a 2-disc album with all songs in both English and Japanese. So you can buy it and then throw away the English one, I guess? Still, that's an insta-buy.

Just recently finished watching Kokoro Connect this afternoon. Typical High School and Slice Of Life sort of anime, though the conflict of the story was a bit unusual and the drama was pretty decent enough for me to be entertained for quite a while. Now watching GATE and other animes through randomly order... 

29 minutes ago, Templarseeker said:

Just recently finished watching Kokoro Connect this afternoon. Typical High School and Slice Of Life sort of anime, though the conflict of the story was a bit unusual and the drama was pretty decent enough for me to be entertained for quite a while. Now watching GATE and other animes through randomly order... 

Did you make sure to watch the final 4 episode OVA set? It's another story arc. And yeah, I really enjoyed Kokoro Connect, mainly the first arc (I found that arc to just be really interesting) and the OVA set, the other two arcs were... kinda iffy), but the 4th one went back to its better drama roots.

24 minutes ago, Ceris said:

Did you make sure to watch the final 4 episode OVA set? It's another story arc. And yeah, I really enjoyed Kokoro Connect, mainly the first arc (I found that arc to just be really interesting) and the OVA set, the other two arcs were... kinda iffy), but the 4th one went back to its better drama roots.

Hmm... I'm not quite sure, although I did watched all 17 episodes since that's all I could find. I'll try checking out for more details regarding the OVA. Thanks for telling me this! Really appreciated it! Well I certainly did enjoy all the drama and comedies of the show, it's pretty interesting how the cast faced their inner conflicts and to come to terms with it. That's all I can say since I might spoil the anime and the mods wouldn't like it. :sachi:

Although my only complain was the anime being short and all... 

Kokoro Connect is actually one of my all-time favorites. It's got acceptable-but-unremarkable setting and characters, but it stands out from the pack based on having excellent plot and pacing, and actual character growth, both of which are rare in anime.

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

Kokoro Connect was really good, except for the fact worst girl won. :sachi:

I dunno, seems like a stretch to say Kiriyama won anything :sachi:

Oh right that blonde chick existed, I really only cared for Iori, but she got shafted. I think the show's premise was interesting, albeit fairly unexplored. The only thing I didn't quite like was the resolution honestly, and not because I dislike Inaba, mind you (she is worst girl by relative terms, not absolute ones, i.e the other characters were more interesting), but because it felt cheap as heck.

However, nothing compares to the salt I felt when watching True Tears, where best girl is winning and then gets NTR'd by worst girl. I guess the tears were a euphemism for the salty tears I shed. Do not watch this show.