What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

7 hours ago, ittaku said:

Thanks. I still enjoyed Nisekoi but I get really annoyed at lack of conclusions in shows and Nisekoi was no exception though evolution does happen... at an excruciatingly slow pace but there's no end in sight for the anime so far... and in fact was about to start writing a thread about something along those lines.

Important stuff in Nisekoi only starts happening around chapter 180-esh. There was a time where Nisekoi was really stuck on a status quo but recently it's started to change. Chapter 200 was the biggest thing to happen in Nisekoi so far.

For reference, the 2nd season of the anime ended on chapter 100. It also was a terrible adaptation, skipping over really important chapters that revealed a big chunk of the plot regarding the locket and the keys. It also skipped over all of Haru's arc where she falls in love with Raku, which was really stupid considering she should have been a main character in season 2.

Stuff does happen in Nisekoi, it's just that the anime skipped over it to adapt filler episodes, so that's why it feels like nothing happens.

Most Nisekoi fans discourage watching season 2 and suggest just jumping into the manga because that way the narrative isn't completely butchered.

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

Important stuff in Nisekoi only starts happening around chapter 180-esh. There was a time where Nisekoi was really stuck on a status quo but recently it's started to change. Chapter 200 was the biggest thing to happen in Nisekoi so far.

For reference, the 2nd season of the anime ended on chapter 100. It also was a terrible adaptation, skipping over really important chapters that revealed a big chunk of the plot regarding the locket and the keys. It also skipped over all of Haru's arc where she falls in love with Raku, which was really stupid considering she should have been a main character in season 2.

Stuff does happen in Nisekoi, it's just that the anime skipped over it to adapt filler episodes, so that's why it feels like nothing happens.

Most Nisekoi fans discourage watching season 2 and suggest just jumping into the manga because that way the narrative isn't completely butchered.

Thanks. I've avoided the manga like the plague though since waiting for one more endless romantic comedy in manga form to eventuate would likely kill me (I scanlated negima for something like 100 chapters and have yet to recover from that fail). So while the anime is a lesser adaptation of the original source material (and well duh how rare is it for an adaptation to equal or surpass the original source), I'll stick to that till they get off their sorry arses and finish the freaking story with another season or 2.

oh my fucking dawkins, i just watched Ponyo and it is without a doubt my new favorite film of all time.

there was literally not a single moment where i was not either grinning uncontrollably, tearing up with joy or sighing out of pure bliss

it was also the first piece of media besides key vns to get me past the sob-point, which to me is like an ultimate seal of quality

so much for target audience, eh?

1 hour ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

oh my fucking dawkins, i just watched Ponyo and it is without a doubt my new favorite film of all time.

there was literally not a single moment where i was not either grinning uncontrollably, tearing up with joy or sighing out of pure bliss

it was also the first piece of media besides key vns to get me past the sob-point, which to me is like an ultimate seal of quality

so much for target audience, eh?

I had exactly the same experience with Ponyo. It was the most beautiful rendition of the little mermaid ever - a story I otherwise couldn't care less about.

On 18/02/2016 at 1:33 AM, Fred the Barber said:

This is all perfectly ordinary: it's actually always the right time to be (re-)watching K-On!

I'm almost through My Little Monster. It honestly turned into quite a disappointment after the first two episodes. What I had thought was real progress quickly got reset, and then it turned into a pretty typical high school rom-com story. Granted, the characters are still operating at a way more interesting level than a typical high school rom-com anime, but I was really hoping for more from this one after those first two episodes looked so magical. Oh well.

That is true. What appeared to be progress at an astonishing pace was actually nearly none at all. Whilst the anime by itself wasn't enough for me (even though I loved the premise AND main character to bits), I'm pretty sure I ended up liking the manga more.

In other news, I'm watching Gatchaman Crowds. Love the protagonist and in general this whole prospect of saving people is quite indeed my thing.

Might be falling in love with Kimi to Boku. Really love the laid-back atmosphere that it brings, reminds me of Non Non Biyori in many aspects. Apart from it's about teenage boys.

I had exactly the same experience with Ponyo. It was the most beautiful rendition of the little mermaid ever - a story I otherwise couldn't care less about

Damn, sounds like I need to get on Ponyo too. Sounds amazing.

Finished My Little Monster. The second-to-last episode was actually quite good, and the last episode was solid as well, so I bumped its rating back up a bit, although it never did get close to the potential it showed in those first couple episodes. Ah well. I probably won't read the manga as Mr. Ofvarela suggested, though, because the conclusion was reasonable enough for me. There were lots of loose ends, but none strong enough that I care enough about to follow up on. I have to add, though, that Natsume is approximately the cutest character I've ever seen. The main characters are probably more interesting to watch, but from the moment she appeared, there was a big part of me that would've been ecstatic if the entire premise had been chucked over the wall in favor of a show about Natsume. So cute.

On 22/02/2016 at 11:30 AM, AaronIsCrunchy said:

Might be falling in love with Kimi to Boku. Really love the laid-back atmosphere that it brings, reminds me of Non Non Biyori in many aspects. Apart from it's about teenage boys.

Started it. Seems like something I can consume in small dosage.

I feel totally lost on what to watch next. I feel this could be a candidate but I've come to dislike harems by nature, and this bloody well seems like one. See Zero no Tsukaima for a harem that drove me up the walls but was thankfully conclusive, which in turn permitted my finishing it.

Decided to watch something older and going with Hare+Guu. Should be good enough to make me forget about college life.

30 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I feel totally lost on what to watch next. I feel this could be a candidate but I've come to dislike harems by nature, and this bloody well seems like one. See Zero no Tsukaima for a harem that drove me up the walls but was thankfully conclusive, which in turn permitted my finishing it.

Danmachi is just memes. Watch it if you want to see 13 episodes of a loli with a string around her boobs as the main driving force of the plot, because that's literally what 80% of the show is about.

It all comes down to: do you like Hestia?
If the answer is yes, then Danmachi will be a great ride.
If the answer is no, then turn back around while you can or suffer the consequences.

2 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Danmachi is just memes. Watch it if you want to see 13 episodes of a loli with a string around her boobs as the main driving force of the plot, because that's literally hwat 80% of the show is about.

It all comes down to: do you like Hestia?
If the answer is yes, then Danmachi will be a great ride.
If the answer is no, then turn back around while you can or suffer the consequences.

I don't really, nor have I ever, cared about plot.
Put it like that and there's a good chance I'll like it. Hmm...

8 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I don't really, nor have I ever, cared about plot.
Put it like that and there's a good chance I'll like it. Hmm...

Again, it all comes down to whether or not you like Hestia, since she's all the show is about 80% of the time. Nothing else matters.
And her character is essentially made of a loli with a string around her boobs.
That's literally the shtick of the show and what made it popular on the internet (see Hestia memes for references).
There's nothing else to see in it other than that.
The reason why it quickly died after and nobody cares about it anymore is also because that's ALL there was to it.

My suggestion to you is: Watch a couple episodes and decide whether or not you like Hestia, then continue watching or not depending on your answer. That is if you care about saving some hours of your lifespan or not.

2 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Again, it all comes down to whether or not you like Hestia, since she's all the show is about 80% of the time. Nothing else matters.
And her character is essentially made of a loli with a string around her boobs.
That's literally the shtick of the show and what made it popular on the internet (see Hestia memes for references).
There's nothing else to see in it other than that.
The reason why it quickly died after and nobody cares about it anymore is also because that's ALL there was to it.

My suggestion to you is: Watch a couple episodes and decide whether or not you like Hestia, then continue watching or not depending on your answer. That is if you care about saving some hours of your lifespan or not.

Can't say I agree with you there. I thought Hestia was just a silly counterpoint to the story itself which is about the whole hero development which I quite enjoyed, along with the obvious kuudere love interest. I mostly ignored Hestia even though others may well have gotten off on the whole loli boob thing. Presumably you didn't like it because she annoyed you.

I'm watching fking Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo of all things, up to Episode 6. Pretty fun? :makina: 

I'll probably start spamming more anime soon, with the amount of spare time I have lately it feels waaay more fulfilling watching 6 episodes in 2 hours vs. making only 2 hour progress in a 30+ hour game/VN

21 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I was in the same boat a couple of weeks back (wait it was months now that I think about it), randomly thought that Danmachi would be interesting and watched it.

Going in with no expectations, I actually ended up liking it. Well obviously it isn't anything serious, it mostly about a kid-to-adventurer tale with comedy .... the usual stuff. But it is executed rather well and is definitely enjoyable despite being filled with cliches. Liking Hestia would make the experience much better but there is definitely more to it than that.
I might mention that yeah this a harem, the protag is the usual dense guy and don't expect much focus on romance.

All in all, it's nothing great just a normal good anime.   
Watch the starting eps, if you like those then you'll definitely like the whole thing.      

On 2/24/2016 at 3:24 PM, Tiagofvarela said:

Just don't expect resolution.  It's an adaptation of a light novel which means that if you want to expect an end, you are going to need more than a single season.  And at least someone else isn't blind to the fact that this series is in fact a harem no matter how much people want to claim it isn't.

Just now, Abyssal Monkey said:

Just don't expect resolution.  It's an adaptation of a light novel which means that if you want to expect an end, you are going to need more than a single season.  And at least someone else isn't blind to the fact that this series is in fact a harem no matter how much people want to claim it isn't.

Hmmmm... If I had come across this three years ago (not that it had been made by then) then I'd be able to watch it with no issue. These days I look for something more in my anime...

That said, I've started watching Trigun, one of the anime I thought would forever remain on my "plan to watch" list, and have not been disappointed thus far.

I'll also likely watch squid girl, since I like comedy and the premise highly reminds me of Sgt. Frog, the only long running anime I watched hundreds of episodes of.

On 2/25/2016 at 6:01 PM, jaxter0987 said:

Danmachi was pretty much do you like Hestia? Or can you tolerate her enough for the other female characters? I answered yes to the second question and thus watched it because of that.

And yes Danmachi is most definitely a harem. Who in there right mind is actually claiming it to be otherwise?

EVERY SINGLE LISTING.  Only Anidb and ANN have any fucking sense and listed it as having a harem.  Seriously, one of the reasons I hate these websites and overly prefer AniDB for show content is because AniDB doesn't go by official listings and actually says what the show contains. They didn't market it as a harem, even though anyone in their right mind knows it is, and as a result you get people claiming that it isn't.  I've met people who will ardently defend this show as not a harem, and I want to shoot them for being absolutely retarded.

mK06K2o.png

34 minutes ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

EVERY SINGLE LISTING.  Only Anidb and ANN have any fucking sense and listed it as having a harem.  Seriously, one of the reasons I hate these websites and overly prefer AniDB for show content is because AniDB doesn't go by official listings and actually says what the show contains. They didn't market it as a harem, even though anyone in their right mind knows it is, and as a result you get people claiming that it isn't.  I've met people who will ardently defend this show as not a harem, and I want to shoot them for being absolutely retarded.

I haven't watched the show, but I've read the LNs, and in those it's obviously a harem. In the LNs, the main character even directly talks about having a harem, though always through the lens of his grandfather's desires, not as his own goal. But the way everything plays out, with approximately half the girls in the world throwing themselves at the MC, and a remaining quarter of them being too emotionally immature in one way or another to throw themselves at him, this is easily the most haremy thing I've seen/read since Date A Live.

17 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I haven't watched the show, but I've read the LNs, and in those it's obviously a harem. In the LNs, the main character even directly talks about having a harem, though always through the lens of his grandfather's desires, not as his own goal. But the way everything plays out, with approximately half the girls in the world throwing themselves at the MC, and a remaining quarter of them being too emotionally immature in one way or another to throw themselves at him, this is easily the most haremy thing I've seen/read since Date A Live.

Welcome to what I said about a month before the show aired when it was at maximum hype and got ignored.  If the thread still exists there is proof I said so. The scene IIRC is when he is taking a nap on the wall with the sword girl, and he reminisces about his grandfather yelling at him/possessing him to get a harem or something along those lines.