What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

It's breaking my heart to know that Ami will never end up with Ryuuji...They're all wonderful girls but I really wanted Ami to be the one, however unlikely that is. My favorites from a given series tend to never be the one that ends up with the MC...

I never really liked Ami. There was just something about the way she acted the put me off

I watched all of Genshiken, recently. Definitely good, I wonder why I didn't start this earlier. It's all that I looked for in Oreimo, in a more realistic way and without all the harem stuff.

Meh, Genshiken Nidaime looks terrible though :/ New seiyuus, "reactualised" chara-design (means it looks boring and bad compared to those old ones), tons of fujoshi and a trap in my Genshiken? I don't even want to know if that season is good or not, I'll just read the manga...

Haven't watched anime in awhile, but just I remembered the other day about Kids on the Slope being a thing. Very excited to start watching it given Shinichirō Watanabe and Yoko Kanno.

Wouldn't want to dishearten you but that's definitely not Watanabe's best show... (Well, he made only amazing stuff before that >_>)

Starts out very well, great music of course... But in the end... It's kinda disappointing.

Wouldn't want to dishearten you but that's definitely not Watanabe's best show... (Well, he made only amazing stuff before that >_>)

Starts out very well, great music of course... But in the end... It's kinda disappointing.

I'm not totally surprised to hear that. Given my high expectations, it wouldn't be strange for it to be disappointing in some ways. I appreciate the heads up though, maybe I can reel my expectations in before I start watching and enjoy it for what it does well and try not to be disappointed from any prejudices.

I never really liked Ami. There was just something about the way she acted the put me off

Obviously the whole being fake issue is a turn off for her, but after that was fixed (for the most part) and she realized her feelings for Ryuuji, she had my support for life. She was always playing the bad guy trying to help everyone else and that made me admire her even more.

Just finished Toradora and starting Oreimo.

Not sure what to expect from it. I know I'll like it but I don't know why I'll like it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've nearly finished Black Cat and am just starting Ef - A Tale of Memories.

Black Cat's pretty decent, I have to say. It probably won't make any favorite lists but i've enjoyed watching it.

I absolutely loved A Tale of Memories. One of my favorite anime, but then again, I typically love anything Shaft does.

I've nearly finished Black Cat and am just starting Ef - A Tale of Memories.

Black Cat's pretty decent, I have to say. It probably won't make any favorite lists but i've enjoyed watching it.

What a coincidence, I just started Ef as well.

Also about half way through K-On!! (I have stretched this anime out so long, I can't remember how long ago I started it, but hopefully I can finish sometime this week)

Well, I don't think I remember much from Ef, but old anime never failed me.

What a coincidence, I just started Ef as well.

Also about half way through K-On!! (I have stretched this anime out so long, I can't remember how long ago I started it, but hopefully I can finish sometime this week)

Currently watching Toriko - Recently finish Vanguard and Fantasista Doll.

Oh! Nostalgic anime!

I was thinking to pick up the manga for it.

I'm currently watching some on-going animes like Genshiken, Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live, Monogatari etcs. 

The airantou manga is worth it, I think.  I got the 1st 10 vol's so far from various anime cons and from Kinokuniya

Somehow, the pacing makes it even funnier in the manga.  Also, starting with vol 8 the story extends beyond the anime.

Finished both seasons of Oreimo, Highschool DxD, Tamayura, and C³.

Extremely mad at Oreimo's ending, mad at myself for noticing that I had Highschool DxD and Oreimo Season 1 downloaded already but watched it on streaming sites instead and disappointed at C³.

Overall, its been a pretty terrible week for me anime-wise with the exception of Tamayura which took some getting used to. Don't know how I feel about "healing anime" at the moment but I enjoyed Tamayura nonetheless.

Started Nyarko W to guarantee that I get out of this "slump".

Started watching Spice and Wolf tonight. I had previously seen like the first 5 or so episodes of season 1 a few years ago. Don't remember why I stopped watching it, probably just got caught up in other stuff at the time. A cute wolf-goddess and finance, a compelling mixture. :D

Started watching Spice and Wolf tonight. I had previously seen like the first 5 or so episodes of season 1 a few years ago. Don't remember why I stopped watching it, probably just got caught up in other stuff at the time. A cute wolf-goddess and finance, a compelling mixture. :D

Great series. I plan to re-watch it eventually since it's been so long, plus, being one of the first anime I saw, I've only seen it in english.

I watched a few shows since I last posted in this topic :

I finished Index  II and watched the movie as well.  Index II was rather disapointing IMO, much less interesting than Index season 1 and Railgun, but I rather enjoyed the movie.(despite a little too much singing to my liking)  I'm now up to episode 15 of Railgun S and enjoying it a lot more than the three other series/seasons.

I also finished Ano Hana.  It was pretty good, but I guess I was too hyped about it as it didn't hit me nearly as much as I thought it would.  Still a great show though. 

I'm not sure if I posted about finishing Nichijou, but I finished that too.  I absolutely loved it, it went straight to my top 5 as I finished it.  Great comedy, lovable characters, amazing animation.  It might even dethrone Chuu2 as my favorite KyoAni show. (next up to watch is Lucky Star, I know I'm late)

I started a few shows on Netflix, but the only one I've finished so far is Eden of the East and its first movie.  The series was pretty good, the movie on the other hand bored me to death so I don't think I'll be watching the second one.

Next up on my list to watch are probably Psycho-Pass and Lucky Star, once I finish catching up on Railgun S and maybe Shingeki no Kyokin(I'm still only up to ep 16).  Oh and Hoshi no Koe and 5 Centimeters Per Second somewhere in there too.