What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Currently re-watching Carnival Phantasm, I almost forgot how fun TM is if we remove all the grim and dark theme from it.

Kinda annoyed about the lack of Tsukihime though, TM favor fate wayyyy too much <_<

I finished "Is it wrong to pick-up girls in Dungeon".

Boy, the disappointment was real. There were so many mistakes/holes that it was just terrible.

For instance, it was prohibited to bring god to dungeon AND for god to use powers. Hestia did both and she won't get punished? If there will be second season but she still won't get punished then... wtf.

There was no proper Aiz x Bell either....  :wafuu:

Sigh.

I finished "Is it wrong to pick-up girls in Dungeon".

Boy, the disappointment was real. There were so many mistakes/holes that it was just terrible.

For instance, it was prohibited to bring god to dungeon AND for god to use powers. Hestia did both and she won't get punished? If there will be second season but she still won't get punished then... wtf.

There was no proper Aiz x Bell either....  :wafuu:

Sigh.

Hestia got away with using her powers in a dungeon the same way drug dealers get away with illegal transactions. You only get punished if you get caught. Didn't look like anyone was interested in turning her in, so I can't call it a plot hole. The only plot hole I can really think of is the reason crystals are bought from adventurers. The anime never explains the use of those crystals, so my worst assumed scenario is that people are buying them to just throw money away to encourage adventurers to do really cool things. But that only has a very minor impact on my opinion since the anime doesn't particularly shine for its plot.

Eh, I don't think the lack of focus between those two was a bad thing. It's not like it wasted a lot of time doing pointless stuff (it did a little, but not much). Also, it was only 13 episodes. There's a chance it'll be fleshed out later on if given the proper coverage.

The only plot hole I can really think of is the reason crystals are bought from adventurers. The anime never explains the use of those crystals, so my worst assumed scenario is that people are buying them to just throw money away to encourage adventurers to do really cool things. But that only has a very minor impact on my opinion since the anime doesn't particularly shine for its plot.

This got a sufficient explanation in the LN, at least - magic crystals power useful things like elevators, apparently. It was maybe two sentences in the LN; obviously not something they expected you to be that worried about :)

On a whim, I watched the first two episodes of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan. I'm a huge Haruhi fan, so it's kind of surprising I didn't get around to it until now, but I guess my instincts that had me avoiding it were correct. It's fine and all, I suppose, but it just doesn't have that same magic that the first series and the movie had. I think all I want from the Haruhi series is for the author to finish the light novel series. But, I'm probably being unfair - I shall at some point watch the rest of it and see if maybe it finds its own magic as well.

This got a sufficient explanation in the LN, at least - magic crystals power useful things like elevators, apparently. It was maybe two sentences in the LN; obviously not something they expected you to be that worried about :)

Well, geez, if it only took a couple sentences in the LN, then it would've only been like half a minute in the anime. :P But you're right, there are probably very few people that would've noticed it anyways, lol.

Episode 7 of Darkness so far.

Yami > Yui > Mikan > Lala > Oshizu > Run > Haruna > Momo + Nana (I bet y'all Momo fans be like 'Just wait till this asshole watches Darkness' :makina: )) > Magical Kyouko > Saki & friends > Mio + Risa > Mikado-sensei > whoever else I forgot to mention

Uhh

Yami > Momo > Mikan > Yui > Lala > Nana > Mea > Run > Oshizu > Haruna (why did she fall off so hard?) > rest

Episode 7 of Darkness so far.

Uhh

Yami > Momo > Mikan > Yui > Lala > Nana > Mea > Run > Oshizu > Haruna (why did she fall off so hard?) > rest

Uhh, why do rankings matter? It was written by Yabuki, so TITS. As for your question about why Haruna fell so hard, I found this today searching for how well TLR was adapted. 

The other thing I found that really interested me is how Yabuki-san was pushing Haruna away, basically removing her from the manga towards the end because she was modeled after his ex-wife.

Uhh, why do rankings matter? It was written by Yabuki, so TITS. As for your question about why Haruna fell so hard, I found this today searching for how well TLR was adapted. 

That's pretty interesting to know.

I would have never thought one would model a main heroine after their ex wife lol.

Imo Haruna is a really bad heroine when compared to the others for pretty simple reasons.

She literally has no traits other than being lovestruck with the protagonist and blushing at every single physical contact she has with him.

Granted, all TLR characters are generic tropes, but at the very least they have some sort of role they play in the story, namely the fact that they're aliens really helps bring out some uniqueness. And even other earthling heroines like Yui or Risa at least have more personality than Haruna does because they actually do something.

Haruna is literally the apogee of boredom, she's as dull as a rock and it's amazing Rito even likes her after all the girls he added to his harem.

But most importantly, she's a major hindrance to the harem project going forward.

These latest To Love-Ru Darkness chapters really torn me appart

On one hand, FUCKING FINALLY, THEY FUCKING KISSED, IT'S BEEN HUNDREDS OF CHAPTERS, WAS ABOUT DAMN FUCKING TIME.

But on the other hand, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE HARUNA!??!?!?

Watched Jinsei up to Episode 12. I don't like my last episode's version, so I'll be redownloading it.

Jinsei's really better than GJ-bu for me. Jinsei just has me laughing out loud.

Also watched 11 episodes of Bakuman S3 yesterday. I'm at Episode 21 now.

God I just love this show.

Started watching Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation and Campione.

I'm at Episode 6 in Neptunia and Episode 2 in Campione.

God, Campione has attractive girls.

It was about a month ago that I started watching Aikatsu, and finally, 141 episodes later, I am all up to date.

After episode 100 and the cast changed, I definitely felt a decrease in enjoyment and appreciation for the show, but it took me a while to pinpoint the exact problems.

The major issue I see with the 3rd season is, as a whole, how the show went from being huge to being small once more, that change of pace is definitely hard to take in.

One striking change was DreAca's complete disappearance, I don't know why but Starlight stopped doing events together with Dream Academy, I think this was a really poor move. In exchange though, they introduced students from different prefectures, which was a nice concept but doesn't provide the same feel that two schools fighting each other did.

But that's only the bigger picture, Akari as a protagonist was definitely a not-so-great move, she's not very unique and definitely is overshadowed by the genki Ichigo.

Not only that but the feelings of friendship are much less present in comparison to the first 2 seasons. Aoi and Ichigo had this deep friendship vibe, but Akari and Sumire don't really talk much and are barely together.

Another major difference from the first 2 seasons is the lack of an end goal, or in the case of Aikatsu, an inspiration. In season 1 and 2, Ichigo aimed to be like Mizuki, but in season 3, Akari doesn't really have that sense of competition going for her, and while she does try hard to become a better idol, the show doesn't really make the viewer care for her journey as much. I feel as though if the anime had kept the "Die hard Ichigo fan" image for Akari's character, it would have worked out so much better, but I know what the franchise is trying to do, they want to get rid of Ichigo and the gang slowly so they can eventually completely replace them, and in these later episodes the old girls never appear.

And last but not least, the crazy Aikatsu kinda disappeared, there's no weird training methods, no rock climbing or marathon running, that's kind of a let down.

But the biggest offense I can point out was the big roller disappearing, that was literally the staple idol activity, yet they no longer use it (maybe some kids in Japan IRL were running themselves over with a big roller after watching the show :Kappa:)

But at the end of the day, it's not all negatives, while the show abruptly changes when entering its 3rd season, in the later 3rd season episodes it starts picking up some steam when they enter the 2nd year. The units in particular are pretty fun and bring that friendship vibe back a bit more.

Madoka in particular I think was a really fun addition to the cast.

While the show still kinda lacks an overall goal, it's clear in these later episodes that they're going for the unit thing once more, which I'm fine with, as long as the whole thing still feels like "friendship yay".

It was a big one month journey, and of course it's still on-going, but I don't regret it one bit, Aikatsu is without a doubt the superior idol show. Teeku

Watched a couple more episodes of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, and Haruhi's appearance starting in episode 3 increased my enjoyment of the show substantially.

I'm still on the fence about the way the show looks. In most ways, I think it looks better than the original series, but I do feel like some elements definitely suffered. I don't like the way Kyon looks - he's very bland now. For the dub, it seems Funimation got the whole voice cast from the original series back, which was definitely a good move, since the original had a very solid dub. The most important voices to me were Kyon and Haruhi - if they'd been different, I'm pretty sure it would've bugged me way more than the art style changes. It hardly matters with Nagato, interestingly. Her character is so different that I couldn't even be sure whether it was the same voice actor, whereas with the others I was immediately sure.

Episode four had a well-executed, gorgeous scene that really grabbed my attention. I didn't see it coming until the end of episode four, but I guess this show wants me to root for Nagato. My history with the Haruhi series means that Haruhi holds the exclusive keys to my heart, so I'm worried about whether I'll like where the show goes from here. The conflict it's setting up right now really isn't what I'm looking for, but I guess as long as I get to see more of Haruhi being Haruhi, I'll probably still enjoy things.

Watched a couple more episodes of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, and Haruhi's appearance starting in episode 3 increased my enjoyment of the show substantially.

I'm still on the fence about the way the show looks. In most ways, I think it looks better than the original series, but I do feel like some elements definitely suffered. I don't like the way Kyon looks - he's very bland now. For the dub, it seems Funimation got the whole voice cast from the original series back, which was definitely a good move, since the original had a very solid dub. The most important voices to me were Kyon and Haruhi - if they'd been different, I'm pretty sure it would've bugged me way more than the art style changes. It hardly matters with Nagato, interestingly. Her character is so different that I couldn't even be sure whether it was the same voice actor, whereas with the others I was immediately sure.

Episode four had a well-executed, gorgeous scene that really grabbed my attention. I didn't see it coming until the end of episode four, but I guess this show wants me to root for Nagato. My history with the Haruhi series means that Haruhi holds the exclusive keys to my heart, so I'm worried about whether I'll like where the show goes from here. The conflict it's setting up right now really isn't what I'm looking for, but I guess as long as I get to see more of Haruhi being Haruhi, I'll probably still enjoy things.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment then, Haruhi is really not the focus of the show and she kinda disappears in the most important parts of the story later down the line. This is after all a story about Nagato.

Figured as much, but it really can't be helped; Haruhi is pretty hard to surpass. I guess it's all on the show's shoulders to make me care about Nagato, then, because it's not doing a great job so far (even if the ED does jab at my heart a little bit every time).