What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Ooookay.

So, advanced in Bakuman and Welcome to the NHK. I'm now at Episode 21 in both shows.

I'm really loving Bakuman for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with them actively pursuing their dreams. It's beautiful, you know? The show also depicts various problems that one might encounter in pursuing their dream. It's really nice. This type of romance isn't bad at all as well. I'm really loving it.

Started Jinsei and GJ-bu.

I like Jinsei more. Maybe it's because Jinsei feels more alive. Oh, don't misunderstand me though. I'm not saying that GJ-bu is bad. It's just that Jinsei appeals to me more. I mean, who wouldn't love those fluttering skirts in the OP? Anyway, I was thinking that GJ-bu's antics were more lackluster than that of Jinsei's. We'll see how the two will go.

Also watched Okusama ga Seitokaichou, Wakaba Girl, and Gangsta.

Aikatsu episode 100.

Wow, everything I've watched led up to this single episode.

Thank you Aikatsu for not going down the safe path and giving the fans what they wanted. I'm really sad to part ways with the original cast in season 3, but I'm really glad these 100 episodes ended up providing a good closure for Ichigo and Seira (and the others I guess).

This show taught me that everything in life is an idol activity, makes me feel like I'm actually doing something worthy when I watch it :Kappa:

God, I can't express how much fun I had in 100 episodes, here's to hoping the next 100 are just as great.

40 more and I'm finally caught up with this show's current episode.

I really like Oozora Akari and I wouldn't mind seeing her as a protag, I just hope all the other new girls are just as fun. Pretty sure they'll just be clones of the original cast, but as long as they aikatsu hard I don't really care much. 

Finished Welcome to the NHK yesterday.

I got what I wanted. I just wanted a background for Misaki, since she never did stop being that mysterious girl that suddenly showed up and wanted to help Sato get over his hikikomori condition. The last arc was seriously nice, imo. Like I said in the Anime Club thread, sometimes I don't know whether to classify the show as a drama or a comedy. It felt like it was a comedy that thrived on the misfortunes of its characters. Something like that. But I won't deny that it was good. I liked how it kinda gave a glimpse on everyone's problems, and how they struggled with it. They may have not reached the ideal solution that they were going for, but at least they're living. After all, if you're living, then you can try and solve your problems.

...No post? Then I guess it'll be okay to post again.

Well, been advancing in Kuroko no Basket S3. Currently in Episode 73.

Holy shit. Something stronger than the Zone? Another door? I don't even know how the fuck Aomine can imagine something like that, but I guess it goes with the other members of the Generation of Miracles too. Not that Midorima and Kise were able to enter the Zone yet. Would really be a nice treat to see Midorima and Kise enter it though. Especially Kise. That guy has pretty much unlimited potential. But damn. What else can you call Akashi but OP? His Zone pretty much kills the game. Going through all five at once? Even though one of them was Kagami in the Zone? Why, that's some skill right there. The difference in build is a factor too. How the heck he does it, I have no idea. I'm curious of how it's like to completely be in the Zone, and I'm pretty much confident by now that Kagami will reach it. Goodluck, Taiga.

Started watching Bakuman S2.

I have nothing else to say aside from the fact that I'm going to miss Hattori-san. Well, new characters come here and there, so that's nice. I like that they're giving emphasis on Mashiro and Takagi meeting new people as they go about their pursuit of the mangaka dream. It's nice. Also, we got another cutie on board. <3

Zxc7YVT.jpg

Finished up Motto TLR

I thought this season would be like a huge roadblock in my quest for TLR Darkness but man was it fun. 8/10

Don't gank me but here is my current favorite characters ranking chart. (not a Rito x ? shipping ranking)

Yami > Yui > Mikan > Lala > Oshizu > Run > Haruna > Momo + Nana (I bet y'all Momo fans be like 'Just wait till this asshole watches Darkness' :makina: )) > Magical Kyouko > Saki & friends > Mio + Risa > Mikado-sensei > whoever else I forgot to mention

Finished Welcome to the NHK yesterday.

I got what I wanted. I just wanted a background for Misaki, since she never did stop being that mysterious girl that suddenly showed up and wanted to help Sato get over his hikikomori condition. The last arc was seriously nice, imo. Like I said in the Anime Club thread, sometimes I don't know whether to classify the show as a drama or a comedy. It felt like it was a comedy that thrived on the misfortunes of its characters. Something like that. But I won't deny that it was good. I liked how it kinda gave a glimpse on everyone's problems, and how they struggled with it. They may have not reached the ideal solution that they were going for, but at least they're living. After all, if you're living, then you can try and solve your problems.

I'm a big fan of Welcome to the NHK. All the arcs are winners, but my favorite is definitely senpai's route with its nice island vacation. It manages to be simultaneously the most horrific, the most absurd, and the most emotionally believable (though it has some physically unbelievable moments...) of all the arcs. All of that combines to make the humor of it all that much more potent when it's delivered.

The pillars of the series are definitely human drama, absurdity, and humor, so on the "Is it a drama or a comedy" question, I just think of it as a dromedary.

I'm a big fan of Welcome to the NHK. All the arcs are winners, but my favorite is definitely senpai's route with its nice island vacation. It manages to be simultaneously the most horrific, the most absurd, and the most emotionally believable (though it has some physically unbelievable moments...) of all the arcs. All of that combines to make the humor of it all that much more potent when it's delivered.

I agree. It was really nice, that arc. I honestly did not know what to do while watching the arc. It's because you actually don't know what Sato would do at that situation, given that he thinks differently. So I was pretty much on edge, even though I practically know that it'll all turn out well. It was pretty well made, imo. Seeing that side of humans really does make you think about a lot of stuff. Though the presence of humor added to my overall enjoyment of the show, even though it was kind of absurd. Absurd in a good way, at least.

Anyway, finished Kuroko no Basket S3.

I did not expect the true ZONE to be something like that. Moreover, I honestly did not expect Akashi to be able to power up his teammates as well through excellent supporting abilities. Damn that was one intense battle. I expected them to lose, yeah, but I was still at the edge of my seat the whole game. I also did not expect Akashi to break down as a player, after getting his ass handed to him. Must be a shock, being the best among the Generation of Miracles. But really now, damn. In the first place, basketball is a team sport, so it's understandable. I liked the show. <3

Watching Bakuman S2. I'm now on Episode 8.

Oh my god. Someone hold me. I cannot help myself. This is just, ugh. I don't know. It hits everything in me in the right way. Oh my god. Nakai and Aoki... Manga career... Mashiro and Miho... Shuujin and Miyoshi... Agh. The editors and authors' relation with one another. Everything that's at stake. Career, work, health, love, friendship, agh. I cannot make myself comprehensible anymore. Someone, please fag with me about this.

I'm loving the current boycott that's happening because of Mashiro's collapse. Way to go, Fukuda and friends. I wonder what'll happen after the editors confront them? It's a different form of excitement. I'm looking forward to watching more.

Watching Jinsei. Now at Episode 6.

Whoever made this show is a genius. I'm always having fun watching the show. Not only that, but it also has fanservice! Truly, this is the epitome of life. I don't need to consult about life problems, because I'm practically seeing how fun and colorful life can be. Oh my god. Akamatsu, you lucky guy. Damn you and your hands. Damned accidents. Damned boobs. 

Really enjoying the show. Asano, thank you for being a pervert.

Watching GJ-bu. Now at Episode 6.

I ended up liking it. It's something like Jinsei, only toned down a little. I love how Mao always teases Kyoro. Damn. I can't decide on best girl because I'm liking Shion and Megumi a lot. Damn. Enjoying it a lot.

Also watched Bikini Warriors.

Ooookay.

So, advanced in Bakuman and Welcome to the NHK. I'm now at Episode 21 in both shows.

I'm really loving Bakuman for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with them actively pursuing their dreams. It's beautiful, you know? The show also depicts various problems that one might encounter in pursuing their dream. It's really nice. This type of romance isn't bad at all as well. I'm really loving it.

Started Jinsei and GJ-bu.

I like Jinsei more. Maybe it's because Jinsei feels more alive. Oh, don't misunderstand me though. I'm not saying that GJ-bu is bad. It's just that Jinsei appeals to me more. I mean, who wouldn't love those fluttering skirts in the OP? Anyway, I was thinking that GJ-bu's antics were more lackluster than that of Jinsei's. We'll see how the two will go.

Also watched Okusama ga Seitokaichou, Wakaba Girl, and Gangsta.

Welcome to the NHK

or

Depressing: The anime. The first 6 episodes with the 'lolita complex' and mmo addiction where great but after that it's just trying way too hard.Still a good show overall.

I'm rewatching Genshiken Season 2 as in the precursor to the series on crunchyroll, which I dropped because it has a token F-M transexual in it for literally no good reason as opposed to one of the better characters from the previous seasons.

To clarify, when I say I find absurdity to be one of the pillars of Welcome to the NHK, I mean in the sense of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatre_of_the_Absurd. It's not quite the same, and it certainly doesn't go to quite the length that anything qualifying as Absurdism would, but it's the only anime I've seen which is in that ballpark.

Watching Baccano!

Upto ep 5 and I can totally understand all the hype surrounding it. 

To actually show so many stories from so many different perspectives and actually pulling it off is a verrrrry hard thing, and Baccano! is doing it beautifully.

Watching SAOII, I don't get why there is so much hate on it....it's been pretty good so far, good story and good action, what the hell else can you ask for? It isn't really one of the best animes out there, but its a good one, and above average is pretty good for anime. 

Watching SAOII, I don't get why there is so much hate on it....it's been pretty good so far, good story and good action, what the hell else can you ask for? It isn't really one of the best animes out there, but its a good one, and above average is pretty good for anime. 

It gets hate because hating popular things turned cool in like 2010, and all the retarded "hipsters" join in on it.  SAOII is perfectly fine, and anyone who doesn't watch it and makes comments on it is just a mob voice with no individuality.  

I've seen people who say it's shit, and when I ask them why, they say

because it's shit

It's at this point where I completely, utterly, and permanently lose all respect for them and ignore them forever.

It's decent, but that's about it. It's nont utter shit, but it's not amazing either. The story is full of dumb conveniently written plot devices and deus ex machinas, but it definitely serves the point of being entertaining at the very least. And hey, the soundtrack is by Kajiura... she was actually the only reason why I even watched it in the first place. :D

It's decent, but that's about it. It's nont utter shit, but it's not amazing either. The story is full of dumb conveniently written plot devices and deus ex machinas, but it definitely serves the point of being entertaining at the very least. And hey, the soundtrack is by Kajiura... she was actually the only reason why I even watched it in the first place. :D

Vokopleb go back to fraternite.  :sachi:

Meanwhile I was going to continue the monogatari seires but my laptop had to crap itself completely(well almost).

It's at this point where I completely, utterly, and permanently lose all respect for them and ignore them forever.

That reminds me of a certain person I came across who claimed that it was literally impossible to have a serious conversation about SAO with someone who didn't think it was shit. I couldn't help but think of him as an ignorant tool. :jinpou: I get it, the fact that SAO is flawed as about as obvious as the fact that the sky is blue, but that doesn't mean it can't be good watch. SAO getting mindlessly bashed on a regular basis is one of the bigger reasons I left MAL forums (there was a mountain of other reasons I left too).

I think I kind of understand now...some people just don't like certain things....and you can't argue with someone who has already picked a side, because no matter how much you say, they have already picked that side. I wouldn't call other animes shit, I don't really hate any anime... i dislike sport animes, but they're not shit, I just don't like them. A lot of animes tend to get bashed because some people consider them mainstream or overrated.