What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I'm most of the way through Stella Women's Academy ... . I was pretty shocked when it took a hard turn about halfway through, as the goody-two-shoes main character went full-on Darth Vader. I wasn't expecting any drama at all from this show, after the cutesy first ~4 episodes, but it's been surprisingly well-executed, and the show has actually got me pretty involved at this point. I'm honestly unsure how it's going to all get tied up neatly at the end (given that it's only a 13-episode show total). Given the atmosphere, I'm 99% sure everything's going to end up sunshine and rainbows, but I'm extremely curious to see how it gets there.

Overall, it's been a very pleasant surprise, and a way better anime than I expected. My random backlog choice really paid off.

Now that it's done I'll probably marathon that too.

Re-watched the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya for obvious reasons. 

Yeah, I'm marathoning the crap out of it right now. Episode 9, start! :P

It's really good. It's what Akame ga Kill could've been.

Or something like that. 

Finished Log Horizon, after a week of stalling it.

I don't know man. It's good, yes. It's definitely good. I liked the OPs and EDs very much, thank you. Akatsuki's adorable, Minori's cute, MariexNaotsugu is great, aaaand Soujirou is a magnet. I find it nice that some girls are falling for Shiroe. What I found weird was the sudden appearance of that black fox girl with big boobs after the first half of the last episode. It was like, well, like it came out of nowhere. So I was honestly surprised. Dunno what to make of the ending, so I'll watch Season 2 after a while. Needless to say, I enjoyed watching the show.

Finished Log Horizon, after a week of stalling it.

I don't know man. It's good, yes. It's definitely good. I liked the OPs and EDs very much, thank you. Akatsuki's adorable, Minori's cute, MariexNaotsugu is great, aaaand Soujirou is a magnet. I find it nice that some girls are falling for Shiroe. What I found weird was the sudden appearance of that black fox girl with big boobs after the first half of the last episode. It was like, well, like it came out of nowhere. So I was honestly surprised. Dunno what to make of the ending, so I'll watch Season 2 after a while. Needless to say, I enjoyed watching the show.

And that's the problem, shit like that comes out of nowhere and season 2 does an even poorer job at it and you're never sure where exactly it wants to go.

It was a major let down when I started season 2 and none of the stuff from season 1 was really too present, the characters barely seemed to care, they just kinda set it aside.

Essentially, in season 2, the scriptwriter just said fuck it and glued random plot elements together and pushed it out the door and all we got was a mess.

Episode 18 of Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha I mean uhh Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

Ryner loses 1000 points for doing the typical "Heroic-BSOD-over-false / not clarified-hurtful-information-revealed-regarding-trusted-allies-and / or-friends-so-eff-everything-I'll-abandon-y'all-and-join-the-bad-guy" but I'm interested in seeing how the rest of the episodes will turn out.

Ferris is aight. Pretty one dimensional with her love of dumplings & running gags involving threatening or beating Ryner with her sword, but the companionship the two share during tense moments (ie. vs. Ryner's Alpha Stigma) is touching.

We started our anime marathoning yesterday. My friend wanted to see Psycho-Pass, so we started with that and then we finished the day with Time of Eve. 

The extended cut of Psycho-Pass was better, but the new additions were pretty lazily made. The new scenes single background and new dialog were kind of disappointing. Psycho-Pass wasn't as good as I remembered it to be, but we had fun watching it and it was pretty fun to ponder the not so clear parts with together.

Time of Eve is amazing every time I watch it. Something simple and sweet is pretty good way to bring closure to the day. And watching it in the living room on big screen made me appreciate the unique and dynamic "camera work" it has. 

Just finished barakamon:

what can I say 'bout it? It's funny, light hearted, has a ton of fun character and It's animation style is really appealing.

I wish it could stay for a couple more episode, but good things come to an end I guess

I highly recommend this show for slice of life fans

Finished Shinmai Maou no Testament. It was bad, I recognize it was bad, yet I managed to have some fun with it.

Starting on Space Battleship Yamato 2199 tonight, looking forward to a change of pace of what I've been previously watcing.

Finished Stella Women's Academy. The 12th episode (the "real" last episode) didn't really live up to my expectations, unfortunately. All told, it was still better than I expected, but after how well-done the drama in the middle was, I kind of expected more from the engine. Oh well. Episode 13 was pure, shameless fanservice. What can you do.

Next up, probably something more serious. EIther Shin Sekai Yori or Attack on Titan is most likely.

Yesterday we watched Another, Tonari no Seki-kun to kill ome time and two Makoto Shinkai movies; 5cm/second and Place promised in our early days. My other friend who doesn't really watch anime visited, that's why we watched the movies.

Another was a blast. That show managed to fool us so many times, and it kept us in it's grip the whole time. It wasn't at all what we expected it to be, but I think it was better that way. Big thanks to the person who recommended that show.

Makoto Shinkai movies are great, but after this I'm convinced that you should probably watch them alone. The company of someone else distracts you from the movie just slightly, but that's enough to not get immersed in the wolds they create. 

I'm up to episode 3 of Yamato 2199. There is some really cool direction in episode 3 when they first activate the wave motion engine. I think I'm really going to like this show. Also, first episode where they play that bitching OP (at least on the BDrips I have):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCV3Ajzi6Fo

We only watched Canaan today. I decided to watch it solely because of the fact that Type-Moon and Nasu had something to do with and I wasn't disappointed. It reminded me of Black Lagoon, except guns actually did something. Good actions, great characters and they knew how to build good tension. I've always liked strong women and canaan has loads of them.