What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Watched the Majikoi anime. In a way I'm glad almost all the reviews bagged the anime adaption, as I was able to watch it without expecting much.

The anime is pretty much just harem of the Majokoi female leads after the battle royale in episode 1. Nice to see all the characters together again, but it's very light on plot.

People bash the anime but I found it rather good after all. It's what you'd call something created solely for fanservice, which is fine, if you're not expecting a new and original product or an adaptation, because it's neither.

It's quite a good advertisement of the source material tho. There are a lot of people who discover VNs as a medium while looking up where the source material came from. Like Clannad, a lot of people love the story so they research about it a bit.

And yeah Majokoi was pretty much a normal anime-fied(?) VN. Far from being a cut above the rest but not really bad either.

There aren't many anime adaptations of VN's that work out well, the only ones that I love are Steins;Gate and Utawarerumono, though I enjoyed Air when I watched it years ago.

On the note about anime adaptations of VN's what's the general opinion of those who watched the Grisaia no Kajitsu anime and played the VN? I thought it was decent aside from trying to combine all the routes into one and completely changing the endings for some of them.

On the note about anime adaptations of VN's what's the general opinion of those who watched the Grisaia no Kajitsu anime and played the VN? I thought it was decent aside from trying to combine all the routes into one and completely changing the endings for some of them.

Had it been 24 episodes instead of 12 or 13, they wouldn't have had to cram routes together. It wasn't too bad, just really rushed. I haven't watched Meikyuu or Rakuen yet, because spoilers, but I've heard the pacing for Rakuen isn't too bad.

Had it been 24 episodes instead of 12 or 13, they wouldn't have had to cram routes together. It wasn't too bad, just really rushed. I haven't watched Meikyuu or Rakuen yet, because spoilers, but I've heard the pacing for Rakuen isn't too bad.

That's what I felt too, though I am glad they're animating the other games too. I don't like how it was rushed but I expected it, what I didn't expect is for them to completely change Yumiko's and Amane's ending.

Though I did like

the flashback portion, they did really well and didn't skip over too much

And the thing with

Yuuji killing Makina's mom was bad since there was the whole dilemma he had with killing people, the least they could have done was make it a bit more meaningful

So I recently came back from ACen, and I bought a lot of grab bags. One in particular was labeled "Yuri". I opened it up and found the complete series of two anime, and a CD. Not bad for $35. I'm not going to lie, I'm not the biggest fan of anime (I think that the last anime that I full hardheartedly enjoyed was Haruhi) but I really had nothing else to do so I picked up the one called Otoboku: Maidens are Falling for Me.

I ended up binge watching all 13 episodes in one day. I have never bing-watched an anime since Haruhi. I simply loved it! I am definitely going to be talking about it on the podcast. 

There aren't many anime adaptations of VN's that work out well, the only ones that I love are Steins;Gate and Utawarerumono, though I enjoyed Air when I watched it years ago.

But there are really good ones too. Clannad's anime adaption worked out almost perfectly. And ef- a fairy tale of the two had a great anime as well.

But there are really good ones too. Clannad's anime adaption worked out almost perfectly. And ef- a fairy tale of the two had a great anime as well.

Oh right, but I never finished Clannad because I lost interest when it started getting really sad. I like tragedies but mainly when its, what's the word, extraordinary? Like Elfen Lied (manga) or G-Senjou no Maou (not exactly a tragedy but twas pretty depressing, especially the bad ends).

I found that adaptation rushed and didn't really do the VN justice. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this since people are saying that "12 episodes are too long for them to not mess up". The following adaptations of the trilogy was better, or so I've heard so people are saying that it's "too short to mess it up". Really, people just can't be satisfied with what they get. I dropped the adaptation early on since I was dissatisfied with what I was getting then.

I haven't read the VN for Steins;Gate but I loved the anime. It was a real good thriller and one that kept me coming back in looking for anime when I was still starting up the hobby. As for Utawarerumono, I only finished the VN. The gameplay was okay and so was the story. Not really awesome but not bad either. Maybe above average? I already have the full series downloaded but I'm not having any motivation to watch it so far. I was satisfied with what I got in the VN then.

I found that adaptation rushed and didn't really do the VN justice. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this since people are saying that "12 episodes are too long for them to not mess up". The following adaptations of the trilogy was better, or so I've heard so people are saying that it's "too short to mess it up". Really, people just can't be satisfied with what they get. I dropped the adaptation early on since I was dissatisfied with what I was getting then.

I haven't read the VN for Steins;Gate but I loved the anime. It was a real good thriller and one that kept me coming back in looking for anime when I was still starting up the hobby. As for Utawarerumono, I only finished the VN. The gameplay was okay and so was the story. Not really awesome but not bad either. Maybe above average? I already have the full series downloaded but I'm not having any motivation to watch it so far. I was satisfied with what I got in the VN then.

So the general populace is like that? Well I only know a few friends who actually finished it and they were all dissatisfied with the ending. I'll watch the other series but only after I play Meikyuu and Rakuen (when Sekai Project releases it)

I loved the Steins;Gate anime more than the VN, though I think its because I liked the dub, same with Utawarerumono. I have the VN downloaded and will probably play it since the sequel was announced recently and it looks interesting.

I can't really say it's the general populace since those some people I mentioned are just some of my friends that watched the anime. Also judging by the MAL scores, the score went up significantly between Meikyuu and Kajitsu. Not saying that MAL scores is all that matters since you have to see for yourself but it does reflect the general impression of the audience. 

#SubsAreSuperior

Just kidding, we all have our own preferences on this one. Steins;Gate is definitely one of the best adaptations I watched and maybe anime in general so if the VN is better than the anime, I think I might explode while watching it. Seriously, it might be too awesome if that's the case.

Cowboy Bebop wasn't really scifi though, I mean I guess it is, but it lacked this quality of being scifi, at least for me. If anything scifi would be a secondary genre with adventure being a primary one.  Either way, how did you like what is probably considered by many the best anime of the previous century?

As for Kekkai Sensen, I really can't wrap my head around what this show is meant to be. It's 12 episodes, and I've watched 6, and they are just now starting to fill in the actual plot.  It seems more like a monster (problem) of the week sort of show rather than an actual story line.  This would be fine if they extended it to 24 episodes, but with just one season, it seems more and more unlikely that they are going to be able to fully flesh it out and reach a satisfying conclusion to this arc in just the 6 episodes they have left.  It is a manga adaptation though, so in all likelihood if they see it getting popular enough, they could just hang it and wait for fall to finish it.

Thanks for reloading, Fuwa. Now I have to repeat this post.

Went through all twelve episodes of Tokyo Ghoul's first season today.

I was going to settle with 'it's good', but holy shit that ending. It was awesome, sure. The sequences of Kaneki coming to terms with Rize inside his head was pretty good as well. And that battle scene? OP Kaneki at his finest. Instant power-up, boom boom! Then he killed the bad guy. But no peek whatsoever at what's happening in Aogami Tree vs CCG vs Kaneki's rescue team? What? Why would you end the season at that part? The important stuff wasn't shown just to showcase how awesome Kaneki acting as a ghoul can be? Wow. Thanks, show. The story was nice, yeah, but ugh that ending just didn't do good for me. I did not like that ending.

The thing about Kaneki's belief about the world and the people left me sad at the end though. I liked Kaneki seeing the world from both perspectives, human and ghoul. He believed that he could bridge the invisible gap between the two because he's part of both worlds. Only to be crushed by reality and Rize's words. Thanks, Jason. You ruined dreams again. Anyway, now he blames the world as well, huh. Too bad, really. Oh well. Gotta live with it.

Absolute Duo

Yeah, yeah... generic, bland, unoriginal, excessive fanservice, HighSchoolDXD4lyfe... I'm still having fun :sachi:

Add Lilith to my list of blonde ojou-samas~

Lilith is the only reason I kept watching it. There were people who got annoyed because it deviated from the light novel but it wasn't really that bad imo.

An example would be when they were supposed to register as duo. I don't remember reading anything that cheesy of a speech/oath.

Currently trying to squeeze in DanMachi in my schedule to find out what the hype about Hestia is all about. I have to say, I'm really interested in how are they gonna mix up the different mythologies since the only mix up I know is Greek + Roman in Heroes of Olympus.

Lilith is the only reason I kept watching it. There were people who got annoyed because it deviated from the light novel but it wasn't really that bad imo.

An example would be when they were supposed to register as duo. I don't remember reading anything that cheesy of a speech/oath.

Currently trying to squeeze in DanMachi in my schedule to find out what the hype about Hestia is all about. I have to say, I'm really interested in how are they gonna mix up the different mythologies since the only mix up I know is Greek + Roman in Heroes of Olympus.

Implying Danmachi has any meaning behind it other than being SAO boobs edition

Implying Danmachi has any meaning behind it other than being SAO boobs edition

Is it really that bad? I'm not a fan of SAO but I didn't exactly hate it when I watched it.

So does that mean that the protag is also ridiculously OP and dense?

Finished Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai!

It was like I was watching Highschool DxD again, only HSDxD is better.

It's been a while since I watched a show that showed nipples.

I honestly liked how the show went from finding 'the One' to the fusion of Grimwald with the human world. It was nice, yeah. I still think that Ryousuke is a fucking lucky bastard. Not only does he get the qts and gets to fulfill his fantasies, he even got saved from his destined time of death. Gdi ecchi anime protags! It's nice that Grimwald and the human world finally had an agreement though. It's really nice.

Quele is best girl.