What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I want to start watching Monogatari series second season, but every time I'm about to start it, I remember that all the images I've seen of it are fan service and end up watching something else.

How is it so far? Is it really all about fan service?

I want to start watching Monogatari series second season, but every time I'm about to start it, I remember that all the images I've seen of it are fan service and end up watching something else.

Hasn't it always been fanservice? They are doing Nekomonogatari Shiro, so a lot of fanservice is to be expected from this arc.

Marathonned Bakemonogatari on a 5-inch screen while on holiday! Yes, I'm (very) late to the party indeed~

Underwhelming, considering what I expected of it, I have to say. imho, the plot lacked impact. Very cookie-cutter storylines and rather cliched endings. Liked the fact that the characters stay on however. If it fell into the trap that VNs make - of going into a single heroine's arc at the exclusion of ALL others, then forgetting her COMPLETELY the moment it was done - it would have been dreadful!

All things said and done though, very creative animation. Trippy visuals reminiscent of Madoka Magica's animations in the witch's world. A plus also for some well-executed comedy. Will definitely watch the 2nd season!

(That said, I don't think I've EVER encountered a character arc that was more fanservicey than her's!!! :lol:/>/> )

Bake certainly got hyped up a lot for me before I finally watched it. While I watched it, I was underwhelmed because it wasn't what I expected. But after reconsidering what Bake was going for, I realize that I really liked it. I tried watching it for the plot when I really should have watched it for the characters + dialogue. I can agree that the plot is meh but the dialogue can have all my love.

Both Madoka and Bake were animated by Shaft, so those trippy visuals are to be expected. Madoka came out 2 years after Bake did though, so take that as you will.

Last but not least,

Sengoku Nadeko >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hachikuji Mayoi

COME AT ME BRO

This ^

All of that.

It is. Think Nisemonogatari with a shower scene every episode, that's pretty much it - for the fanservice, and also for what is different when compared with Bake.

Thus I'm totally hooked up but I can't say it's good.

Well, I'll probably end up watching it anyway, though I don't know when.

I am watching Oreimo with my sister (big sister) and had a hard time looking for a version with Spanish subs. It's been a long time since I watched an anime with Spanish subs and I definitely prefer them in English

Monogatari has pretty much always been about fanservice. Fanservice, witty dialogue and crazy visuals.

Dialogue is still just as sharp though, mostly because this arc has a lot of Senjougahara and Chiwa Saito is an absolute monster.

About to start Chihayafuru S2.

I just finished Railgun season 1. It probably won't make it to my favorites list, but I still really enjoyed it. I've already grabbed the Railgun S eps that are out, but I'll probably watch Index season 2 before that. Still have Nichijou and Anohana on my "to watch soon" list, as well as Space Bros and Cross Game that I really should continue.

I'm starting to get behind on this season's shows. :( I think in the past two weeks I've only watched Shingeki no Kyojin 14 and 15, and I still haven't watched most of the first episodes that I grabbed. I will probably at least continue Servant X Service, and take a look at Love Lab and Fate Illya.

I haven't posted in awhile but I've finished Steins;Gate, and Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

Steins;Gate was amazing and I love Kurisu. Easily one of my favorites.

Yahari touched me in many ways thanks to Hikigaya's insight. I can relate sooo easily to him that its kind of sad thinking about it.

Finished Karen Bee arc of Nisemonogatari - so that's first 7 eps done.

Considering how every episode seems to say something or other about the best method to remove someone's panties, I'm actually surprised at how few ACTUAL pantyshots there are (i.e.: none). Instead, we get the usual (very) sharp dialogue and witty visuals that the first season is known for. Its not ALL comedic gold, I guess, but its all original enough, very well presented, or in the instances that they aren't, they at least move swiftly on enough to give you another. While it might be a bit of a stretch to call this THE THINKER'S ECCHI, I, at least, found it refreshing to have fanservice that doesn't JUST focus on how moe the character is!

Also, OP Futakotome is gorgeous <3

PS: I liked Sengoku more with her hair down ;_;

PPS: Isn't Senjougahara more YANdere than TSUNdere!!? :lol:

Not much anime found it's way into my watching list this season. Dangan Ronpa the Animation is one of them, but since I played the game I'm now looking fault at every scene. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't play the game...? Anyway, it's cool so far. New Order OST pleases my ears every time.

Aside from that I'm enjoying Shingeki no Kyojin and Majestic Prince as well. ^^

Finished Karen Bee arc of Nisemonogatari - so that's first 7 eps done.

Considering how every episode seems to say something or other about the best method to remove someone's panties, I'm actually surprised at how few ACTUAL pantyshots there are (i.e.: none). Instead, we get the usual (very) sharp dialogue and witty visuals that the first season is known for. Its not ALL comedic gold, I guess, but its all original enough, very well presented, or in the instances that they aren't, they at least move swiftly on enough to give you another. While it might be a bit of a stretch to call this THE THINKER'S ECCHI, I, at least, found it refreshing to have fanservice that doesn't JUST focus on how moe the character is!

Also, OP Futakotome is gorgeous <3

PS: I liked Sengoku more with her hair down ;_;

PPS: Isn't Senjougahara more YANdere than TSUNdere!!? :lol:/>

I love Futakotome as well, though Platinum Disco will forever remain my favorite OP from Nise. I too was disappoint when Sengoku had her hair up but its Sengoku so that doesn't really matter. I'd actually say Senjoougahara isn't Yandere at all. She's just a Tsundere that's also a sadist. If she WAS Yandere, I'm sure something would have been done to Hanekawa by now.

In other news, I just finished watching the Daily Lives of Highschool Boys and freaking loved it. I especially enjoyed the Literary Girl segments. The monologues during those segments are just <3!

Still got a long list of anime titles and episodes from previous seasons that I haven't watched; but now I'm watching current titles like Choujigen Game Neptune, Watamote, The World God Only Knows (Megami-hen) and Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu.