What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Watching Arakawa Under the Bridge. Honestly, I have this feeling it'll be highly nonsensical. Anyone's got thoughts on this anime?

Can confirm it's highly nonsensical.

It's a really quirky show about a bunch of really weird characters living under a bridge and the protagonist interacting with them and learning to live with them as well as his newly found girlfriend (which I guess would make this a romcom... though it doesn't feel like one at all).

The comedy is mostly gag based and the whole show is very Shaft-like, a bit similar to Paniponi Dash I'd say although with less pop culture references.

It's quirky, the comedy is hit and miss if you're not paying attention, but overall I think it's quite nice.

Been watching quite a bit more anime lately, i'm caught up with Kuroko, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu and Kekkai Sensen, but i'm also watching Kyoukai no Kanata, Free's second season, Durarara, Yami Shibai, and Sekirei.

Finished Baccano. There were some times where I lost interest in the story, but it managed to pick up towards the end. I was expecting it to be like Durarara where only the first half would be interesting, but I was pleasantly surprised that it managed to deliver a really good ending. I also think the characters in Baccano are more interesting; not only with individual characters, but overall cast. This is a seriously cool and exciting anime.

Once I finish the specials for Baccano, I think I'll get into School Rumble. I could use a little more rom-com right about now. ^^

Holy shit Beyond the Boundary is so much better than I thought it would be. The art/animation is gorgeous and the characters are hilarious. I'm on episode 8 right now

Izumi (?) gave away the youmu stone that Aki and Mirai worked for and then the glasses society guy is plotting to kill Mirai.

1) I want to believe in Izumi because she is hot

2) Fuck that glasses guy

School Rumble is easily one of the best comedies I've watched. It was part of my childhood. I was around, what, 9 or 10 years old? I don't even remember anymore. But I like that guy with the shades. Tenma never really did annoy me. But I like her sister very much.

Also, watched the latest episode of Plastic Memories. It makes me happy.

Started watching AnoHana as well. Well, uh, Menma came out of nowhere, huh.

Finished Toradora!

Probably my favorite high school group of friends type of story thus far. Y'all were right about 2nd half being exceptional; I really felt for the characters and watching them sort out their feelings was really enjoyable; no being massively irked like Nagi no Asukara etc.

May consider picking up the VN someday in the future; any thoughts on that?

~~
Best girl (appearance): Ami > Minori > Taiga
Best girl (personality): Ami > Taiga > Minori
Best girl (overall): Taiga > Ami > Minori

Mhmm. #TsunBias

May consider picking up the VN someday in the future; any thoughts on that?

Out of the three main girls, Ami had the best route in it by far, so if you liked Ami, it's not a bad choice.

Taiga and Minori follow the same common path until the very end where you pretty much chose if you want to confess to Taiga or Minori and then you get an epilogue with one of them depending on the choice.

Not really that fulfilling overall but hey it's better than nothing.

Outside of that there's some extra endings that aren't half bad.

You can also date Kanou Sumire, Yuri your school teacher, and there's even a route for Yasuko your mother (though you don't actually date her but it's pretty funny).

The rest are just comedic relief routes, some are interesting, some are not.

Overall it's not a very fulfilling VN but at the same time it doesn't really take that long to get through it so it's not really that bad at the end of the day and it's better than only having the anime ending.

Best girl (appearance): Ami > Minori > Taiga

Best girl (personality): Ami > Taiga > Minori

Best girl (overall): Taiga > Ami > Minori

Mhmm. #TsunBias

The anime pretty much forces you to root for Taiga, this is not that biased, you just can't help but cheer for her at some point due to the way the events unfold.

Best girl is debateable I guess, but being skewed towards Taiga is definitely normal.

You can also date Kanou Sumire, Yuri your school teacher, and there's even a route for Yasuko your mother (though you don't actually date her but it's pretty funny).

Wow. I kind of want to play it just so I can read the teacher's route, and maybe feel a little less bad for her. I empathize entirely too much with her situation.

Wow. I kind of want to play it just so I can read the teacher's route, and maybe feel a little less bad for her. I empathize entirely too much with her situation.

I know right. When you date her in the VN it's like a light sparks in her world, it's pretty cute in a sense, made me feel good as a human being

100% agree that Ami's route was probably the best thing ever in the VN.  I actually played the VN before watching the show, so it was kind of a weird experience for me to see the show's bias, but still great nonetheless.  Still, I found the VN to be really enjoyable way to see the story's possible outcomes.  Definitely worth it.