What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Gokukoku, Chuunibyou s.2 both just started so not quite sure what to think...

Trust me they are good. Now go and marathon them in one night

Also, watched until Episode 14 of Nisekoi. My god. Marika, you're adorable. 

But Kosaki, Kosaki is the best girl

Trust me they are good. Now go and marathon them in one night

But Kosaki, Kosaki is the best girl

I still can't choose between Kosaki and Marika to be completely honest but Im leaning towards Marika and I dont quite like to marathon much anymore...

Watching Jewelpet Tinkle.

Aside from the horrible choice of words for the title, it feels like a nice change of pace to watch a straight up mahou shoujo kids show. Last time i saw something like this was when Ojamajo Doremi came out.

It's pretty colorful and cheerful and i'm hoping the more fantasy like setting will prove entertaining.

And of course it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I think I've taken a liking to Sanrio.

Hey, I finally got around to watching Futari wa Pretty Cure.  Another great wrong has been righted.

And I will compare this show to the recent one I saw, Onegai My Melody, seeing as how they are the same kind of show, by saying that I like the girls better in Pretty Cure, but I definitely like the critters (Maimelo, Kuromi, Baku, etc.) better in Onegai.

Every support character in Pretty Cure annoyed me.  Mippuru, meppuru, Porun, Wisdom...

I am watching an older one called Marchen Awakens Romance.

Oh boy, I've tried to watch this two times, both times I stopped at episode 80/103

I really liked it and don't know why I ever quit watching. It's rare to find shows that are truly epics by definition, and this show certainly fits the bill.  10/10 show for the 80 episodes that I did watch.

Hey, I finally got around to watching Futari wa Pretty Cure.  Another great wrong has been righted.

And I will compare this show to the recent one I saw, Onegai My Melody, seeing as how they are the same kind of show, by saying that I like the girls better in Pretty Cure, but I definitely like the critters (Maimelo, Kuromi, Baku, etc.) better in Onegai.

Every support character in Pretty Cure annoyed me.  Mippuru, meppuru, Porun, Wisdom...

Porun is a spawn of hell that should never have existed. I think Futari wa has the worst fairies in all of Precure...

Nagisa & Honoka best duo ever though.

I've really taken a liking to the cast in Jewelpet. They're all such loveable characters and it's always nice to see each of them grow and develop their abilities.

I really like the protagonist, although it's normal to have an average girl in these shows, i think Akari is that charming kind of average and i just can't get enough of her.

The jewlpets each have their quirks too although i haven't paid much attention to them, surprisingly.

I still find it cringey that they have to chant "tinkle tinkle" before every single magic spell (seriously Japan get better words already) but i guess i'll live with it.

The formula works out nicely with them learning new types of magic each episode and putting it into practice while simultaneously developing the plot, giving a nice sense of immersion in the Jewlpet universe.

Overall, really colorful and heartwarm kids anime and from what i've seen so far i'd recommend it~

I'm still very slowly watching Rolling Girls, and Episode 8 was absolutely wonderful. The English dub is interesting - they're matching the Japanese regionalism flavor (which is not hugely important, but still part of the plot) by using various different English accents for each region they travel to. I can't say that I ever expected to hear geishas with British accents, but I was totally ok with it after a few minutes. The actual episode content was confusing, colorful, and very sweet, though - pretty much what I've come to expect from the show at this point. And although confusing isn't normally my cup of tea, this show puts things together in a way that manages to still pull off a very pleasant experience despite being a little bit off-kilter.

i started watching ore monogatari.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Guys...It's too much...I'm...I'm going to stroke out before this season ends...The moe in this and DanMachi is too strong....
M0cyxi0.png

and the bromance....These conflicting feelings of bromance and moe....  It's like I'll die from a stroke but in my last moments i'll go terminator 2 and fall with a thumbs up.  I've already shed a man tear and the show's only 3 episodes old.

Un, this show gets the joehawks stamp of approval.  I'm not a fan of slice of life anime, but this show does it right.  

Well I watched Pupa.  The same reaction above applies here as well.  And guess what, I actually enjoyed it (this is probably just the gore fanatic in me talking).  

No, it was by no means perfect and skipped some stuff but it was an interesting little show and I'm glad I watched it. 

Well I watched Pupa.  The same reaction above applies here as well.  And guess what, I actually enjoyed it (this is probably just the gore fanatic in me talking).  

No, it was by no means perfect and skipped some stuff but it was an interesting little show and I'm glad I watched it. 

i just recently finished dog days season 3 and im almost finished wixoss season two then i have a few movies and tokyo esp, tokyo ghoul, cross ange, Juuou Mujin no Fafnir, Ore Twintail ni Narimasu ,  psycho pass season 1 and 2 on deck from my back log. then ill start rewatching all of ranma 1/2 and its ova,s movies ,specials etc to make sure i can finish the franchise on my mal.

Well, if you want mindless gore, I suggest the Corpse Party OVA series (I actually liked them just for the gore factor, despite the ending being kinda shitty, but still a worthy ride)

I just think Pupa's gore is much more interesting with plot, the anime doesn't bother explaining anything so you're just watching gory things that make absolutely no sense happen. The original story is actually kinda interesting and adds value to the gore, but the anime's just like "fuck all that let's just show some blood here and there".

Even Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan's gore makes more sense than Pupa, even if not for comedic value.

Actually you might be the type of person that likes Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan given that you seem to like all that random slapstick comedy and this is basically that but full of blood and gore.

I guess I'll just leave this here as an example:

The Corpse Party OVAs differ from the game, especially the ending (the earlier parts are the most spot on but it eventually deviates), they're also more gorey than the games in a lot of ways.

Though I guess playing the game first doesn't hurt. I played it after and still had fun so I'd say the order isn't too important.

Dokuro-chan only has 6 episodes so you can easily watch it in one sitting~