What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Hoh... I passed on Chihayafuru cuz of the whole 'how good can show about a card game with ancient Japanese poems be?' thing, but I guess I should give it a shot later huh :makina:

~~

'Bout to finish Railgun, starting Ep 24.

Random misc. comment about the end-game villain:

A huge pet peeve of mine regarding villains is to have them be the 'corrupt leader of organization' types aka Therestina Kihara Lifeline.

It's just soo unrealistic how they get into their position of power especially when their end game motives are utter crap and a complete 180 of what their organization is supposed to represent (I like my villains to have a damn good reason for doing the shit they do and Therestina's is just no). And to have all these MAR goons just going along with it and battling with Anti-skill and Judgement just makes me go "WTF is wrong with the hierarchy of this world?!@#"

/rant

Anyways GG time to watch Index

TL;DR power-hungry villains are so boring and Index better not have any :makina:

The whole second arc of both seasons of Railgun is filler material, none of it is in the manga.

@cloudy Uh oh. Don't hype it too much for me otherwise I might get the curse of going 'it wasn't THAT good!@#'  :scottsune: 

@Ceris Makes sense then. Filler villains...... :amane: 

~~
Starting up Index. Pretty excited so far, this is actually the first series for me where I'm watching follow-up material via sequel/prequel/sidestory/parent story etc..

It's a nice feeling to get to continue with a series instead of moving onto a completely new series.

Just 3 episodes in and Chihayafuru is still going strong. I love the new additions to the club, it's like they're doing the same as season 1 but it feels so new and interesting.

I don't like the opening song as much, but i've definitely become addicted to this series.

Just 3 episodes in and Chihayafuru is still going strong. I love the new additions to the club, it's like they're doing the same as season 1 but it feels so new and interesting.

I don't like the opening song as much, but i've definitely become addicted to this series.

Do you find yourself getting interested in the karuta game itself?  I had never know what it was before this show but it had been mentioned in several others (even Da Capo(!))  It seems like a fun game.

Well I saw this show and the later installments of "Saki" at around the same time period, and I was thinking it was interesting to watch two shows about gamesmanship with such a huge difference in approaches...

Yeah i actually did end up looking up things about Karuta. The anime makes the game itself look quite fascinating and i took a liking to it. Even ended up watching irl matches and was fascinated to see how it all plays out with real physics, only to find out the anime is a pretty stellar representation of it,

I can't say the same about Saki though because the show never teaches you much about mahjong, i never knew what the hell was going on i just guessed from the characters expressions and general common sense, and even if it did explain the rules the show is more about supernatural lesbians than anything else.

In terms of the game itself, Chihayafuru is obviously superior. But i don't hate Saki either, they just take very different approaches to their themes.

It is fun to compare the two.

Yeah i actually did end up looking up things about Karuta. The anime makes the game itself look quite fascinating and i took a liking to it. Even ended up watching irl matches and was fascinated to see how it all plays out with real physics, only to find out the anime is a pretty stellar representation of it,

I can't say the same about Saki though because the show never teaches you much about mahjong, i never knew what the hell was going on i just guessed from the characters expressions and general common sense, and even if it did explain the rules the show is more about supernatural lesbians than anything else.

In terms of the game itself, Chihayafuru is obviously superior. But i don't hate Saki either, they just take very different approaches to their themes.

It is fun to compare the two.

Yeah I can see how Saki would be confusing if you hadn't played mahjong before... unlike karuta, I had played mahjong before (because there's no computer or console from Japan that doesn't have some sort of mahjong game on it)

Since I heard that there will be a new gintama season I am so excided that I am rewatching the whole anime, but I'm afraid I can't wait until april.  :P  I also just finished Grisaia no Kajitsu but I was so dissapointed, I think I won't watch the second season, when it comes out. I guess I'll give Railgun a try. Sounds promising.

Yeah I can see how Saki would be confusing if you hadn't played mahjong before... unlike karuta, I had played mahjong before (because there's no computer or console from Japan that doesn't have some sort of mahjong game on it)

But after watching Saki i did try to look up how to play mahjong just so i could enjoy the anime even more, but it got too confusing so i kind of gave up.

But after watching Saki i did try to look up how to play mahjong just so i could enjoy the anime even more, but it got too confusing so i kind of gave up.

Saki is one of my favourite series, all the yuri <3.

Admittedly I started watching Saki because of the mahjong, since I can play (I suck though) but couldn't understand what was going on (point and combo wise) because it was japanese mahjong and not chinese.

Obviously there for the yuri now :makina:

Saki is one of my favourite series, all the yuri <3.

Admittedly I started watching Saki because of the mahjong, since I can play (I suck though) but couldn't understand what was going on (point and combo wise) because it was japanese mahjong and not chinese.

Obviously there for the yuri now :makina:

Only 2 Episodes left of HaNaYaMaTa (But I think HaNaTaYaMa would be more fitting ;) ). The final rating will be decided after these 2 but I can now say it's only pending between 9 or 10. It's really great! The one thing I like the most about it is that it makes me laugh really hard in the one second and the next second it's so "touching" that you almost cry (or really :P). I love that only one show till now could also do that and this was nothing less than Sakurasou. So I'm really looking forward to the last two episodes.

Only 2 Episodes left of HaNaYaMaTa (But I think HaNaTaYaMa would be more fitting ;) ). The final rating will be decided after these 2 but I can now say it's only pending between 9 or 10. It's really great! The one thing I like the most about it is that it makes me laugh really hard in the one second and the next second it's so "touching" that you almost cry (or really :P). I love that only one show till now could also do that and this was nothing less than Sakurasou. So I'm really looking forward to the last two episodes.

This is why Hanayamata is in my top favorite shows of all time. Finally i can get behind your opinion, though i won't forgive you if you don't rate it 10/10.

Also i never "almost cried", i was bawling my eyes out.

This is why Hanayamata is in my top favorite shows of all time. Finally i can get behind your opinion, though i won't forgive you if you don't rate it 10/10.

Also i never "almost cried", i was bawling my eyes out.

I wanted to keep my dignity, so I lied :P ... I mostly was crying like a baby.

Well, I like it want they totally mess up my feelings ;) and also If they focus on the "small" things like relationships and don't try to explain the whole wide world. If I want to know about that I read a heavy book but will not watch an anime or stuff ;) ...

The ending was packed with more corny cliches than I could have ever asked for, but I still loved the heck out of Dog Days. I came in expecting something along the lines of action-packed thrill fights and half-naked girls. Well, I wound up with all that and then some. The romance was cute on a number of occasions and it had some touching happy moments to boot. The anime does not shine at all with the execution of its melodrama, but I do appreciate the fact that they use it to reinforce the happy scenes later on. I can also appreciate how all the events that took place in Dog Days happened for a good reason and not due to some dumb circumstance. But if I had to make out any kind of flaw with the series, it's that the other females were mostly overshadowed by the main heroine in terms of significance. Knowing these kinds of anime, I wouldn't be surprised if they put more focus into the others in later seasons, but that could also be a bad thing since I am completely infatuated with Millhiore. I cried a few times too. I love how they have Horie Yui singing for the ED and a couple insert songs too. ^^

While it may not be anything amazing, it really felt like the producers pulled all the stops to make Dog Days incredibly enjoyable. For that, and for Millhiore pulling at my heartstrings most of the time, I'll give this anime a 7/10. Absolutely wonderful. Lets hope this continues in S2. :)

Saki was confusing as fuck to me, but all the flashy moves and character reactions were enough to keep the mahjong matches extremely entertaining to watch. And yes, all the Yuri! I didn't really like any of the main group besides Saki herself, but some of the other teams were so interesting, and my favorite easily was the Achiga team, they're just too awesome!

Saekano episode 7:

Great implementation of the sister-type kouhai type in the most dull and stupid way possible. I love it.  Stupid plot twist at the end of the episode is stupid but I'm sure they will find some way to make fun of that as well. Drama is being kept to a minimum which I appreciate as well.

I love how self-aware it is is. It is constantly poking fun at its own archetypes and Kato is adorable as hell.

Best girl = worst girl

thank you, based harem

Shows need to spend a bit more time establishing character relations man.

Maybe cuz technically 4 episodes meant 4 weeks when it aired on TV so it 'feels' like characters have known each other for a long time, but when you watch 4 episodes in a row it's like uhh when did these characters get so buddy buddy xD. idk just doesn't feel natural

I don't buy Touma's going all out and trying to save this random girl Index he JUST met & spouting out all of this idealistic BS, even if he's the 'I must save every girl no matter what!@#' type

/Just a random pet peeve.

Enjoying Index so far. Seeing the "cameos" of Mikoto & Kuroko is fun :D

Academy City feels alot less lively this time around though. Obviously cuz of the somewhat darker setting.

Shows need to spend a bit more time establishing character relations man.

Maybe cuz technically 4 episodes meant 4 weeks when it aired on TV so it 'feels' like characters have known each other for a long time, but when you watch 4 episodes in a row it's like uhh when did these characters get so buddy buddy xD. idk just doesn't feel natural

I don't buy Touma's going all out and trying to save this random girl Index he JUST met & spouting out all of this idealistic BS, even if he's the 'I must save every girl no matter what!@#' type

/Just a random pet peeve.

Enjoying Index so far. Seeing the "cameos" of Mikoto & Kuroko is fun :D

Academy City feels alot less lively this time around though. Obviously cuz of the somewhat darker setting.

Saekano episode 7:

Great implementation of the sister-type kouhai type in the most dull and stupid way possible. I love it.  Stupid plot twist at the end of the episode is stupid but I'm sure they will find some way to make fun of that as well. Drama is being kept to a minimum which I appreciate as well.

I love how self-aware it is is. It is constantly poking fun at its own archetypes and Kato is adorable as hell.

Best girl = worst girl

thank you, based harem