What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Kokoro Connect is approximately the best thing ever.

It's easily on my (literal) top shelf, along with AnoHana and a handful of other shows. The dub is amazing, if you're on the fence about dub vs. sub (I've not watched the sub) - every voice actor in the main five characters, and even everybody I can recall from the supporting cast, are all great in their own right. I love that there's no filler - it gives you good arc after good arc after good arc, until the show is done and you just want mooooooore. Each arc gives a good, solid conclusion, too, so regardless of if you end after Season 1 or if you end after the OVA episodes, it feels conclusive (but you should totally watch the OVA episodes, since they're quite possibly the best).

The feels are definitely not as intense as, say, AnoHana or Clannad: After Story, but each arc is marvelously both concise and complete, while still advancing all the character relationships. This is probably one of my top shows for "I wish there were more episodes" (so I really hope that at least the light novels get translated at some point).

Doubling up on AnoHana & Kokoro Connect (Episode 2). Both look promising so far~

~~

So it's been like a month now since I ditched VNs started watching anime

Chronological Order

• Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
  • Trinity Seven
  • Non Non Biyori
  • Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai
  • No Game No Life
  • Tokyo Ravens
  • Strike the Blood
  • Black Bullet
  • Accel World
  • Kiniro Mosaic (still ongoing)
  • Outbreak Company (still ongoing)
  • Kyoukai no Kanata
  • Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
  • Shinsekai Yori
  • Nagi no Asukara

Started off with harem shows, picked up some slice-of-life to watch on the side, then moved onto action, and now group of friends in a fantasy or society influenced environment 8D

Fun fun fun~

Screw your internet speed. :(

REALLY enjoying Kokoro Connect, and I'm only on Episode 4.

Taichi is a bit *too* capable in solving peoples' problems, but it's actually quite refreshing to see (especially after the drama-riddled Nagi no Asukara where everybody just yells at each other before running away which led to dragged out conflicts)

I liked how everybodys' problems were alluded to even if I was too st00pid to actually notice until they verbally said what their problem was >.>
Solutions were simple, but heartwarming:

(I'll refer to everybody by their family name except Taichi)

Kiriyama:

On the surface it would look like her adamant rejection of Aoki's love for her was for the comedic 'one-sided love' effect, but nope she actually has a fear of men (attempted rape).

Taichi's solution? Kick Kiriyama in the balls while she is in his body. Men are easily conquered!!! Simple, but I thought it was fking BRILLIANT xD
6h3qyzF.jpg

BJOd5SR.jpg

mnqWRm8.jpg

RIP.

Kiriyama ends up saying that that was the worst pain she ever felt. In all technicalities, childbirth is worse >.> I heard that the male body wouldn't be able to survive the trauma of giving birth.

Nagase:

Her bubbly personality? Supposedly it's all an act / not her 'real' personality because she trained herself to be able to adapt to please others (due to her having 4-5 stepfathers). As a result she has no idea who she really is or what she wants, and fears being eventually forgotten. Identity crisis.

Taichi's solution: ongoing. For now he'll still treat her the same as usual & promises he'll always be able to tell who she is. Obviously this will lead to Nagase slowly being able to show her true self over time (though I have a feeling her current bubbly personality IS her true self- she just doesn't realize it yet xD)

DFbqBdo.jpg

uYurSKF.jpg

I hope Taichi doesn't screw up this promise and cause drama >.>

Inaba: 

Her 'cold and calculating' personality along with her habit of overanalyzing people and questioning Taichi's motives of being a nice guy / selfless freak? It's cuz she flat out doesn't trust anybody (for unknown reasons atm). She also says that this is just how she is so it's not a problem that could be solved.

Taichi's solution: We'll accept you for who you are~

Inaba's counter-argument: But what if they don't accept me?

Taichi's solution: Then you'll still have me~ 

What a beast.  

Obviously everybody will be able to accept Inaba just the way she is, but Taichi's second comment was a pretty heartwarming way to encourage her to at least try to talk to everybody else as well. Now Inaba can slowly learn to be able to trust people~

Btw I loved everybody's expression when Inaba opens up to them  :D

mr6Vpqz.jpg

"Cool story bro"

Also, LOLOLOL 10/10 HOLY SHI I WOULD NEVER ADMIT TO ANY OF MY FEMALE FRIENDS ABOUT THIS:

N-n-n-nn--nn-n-n-n-not that I actually d-dddd-do that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

kYCQ35k.jpg

GDnXDAI.jpg

FKING AWK.

~~~

Apparently Taichi x Nagase is the default couple since Taichi has alluded to several times that he has affection for her, but damn all pairings look so well so far idk who to ship xD

They're cute together, but pretty good chance they''ll just be super good friends. 

aVOmPBz.jpg

Girls can be bros too~

0DYsOr2.jpg

Being able to tell secrets like this is a good way to learn how to trust~
Btw, that's HAWT.

9wuoifP.jpg

Oh, and continuing on the topic of Kokoro Connect, here's an Inaba drawing I did... probably six months ago, based on a still frame of her in episode 8 or 9 (don't remember exactly which one). I was still pretty bad at drawing when I did this one (for that matter I'm still not not good, though a lot better than I was then), but it magically came out really well in spite of that, and since I just got a scanner a few days ago I feel like showing it off!

Inabaprofilecleanup_zps26f8b3b9.jpg

Finished Akame ga Kill. I know the disappointment now. What was that ending? A great anime the first 15 episodes or so. The second half is just meh and you shrug it off. Sad. Next on my list is Shinsekai Yori and Golden Time which I haven't finished yet.

the reason for the second half to be a disappointment was due to the series creating their own ending.

the manga is still not done and the anime was pretty much behind by like one arc.