What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

For some reason, the only arcs I liked in Index (only watched S1 btw) were the ones that are related to the Espers, and not the magicians (so the Sisters' arc and that small one with Last Order). Which is probably why I don't care about Index, absolutely love Railgun (SoL aspects help it as well), and the Sisters' Arc is one of my favorite arcs in all of anime.

Btw, you said you finished it in Toaru Majutsu no Index, did you mean Railgun, or did you go back and watch it after?

I'm still not that far in Season 2 of Index, but it's way better than Season 1 from what I've seen. 

About to watch and maybe marathon Valvrave Season 2.

For some reason, the only arcs I liked in Index (only watched S1 btw) were the ones that are related to the Espers, and not the magicians (so the Sisters' arc and that small one with Last Order). Which is probably why I don't care about Index, absolutely love Railgun (SoL aspects help it as well), and the Sisters' Arc is one of my favorite arcs in all of anime.

Btw, you said you finished it in Toaru Majutsu no Index, did you mean Railgun, or did you go back and watch it after?

You probably wouldn't like Index II then. It's all about the magicians from there.

Oh. I can't look at magicians and nuns the same way soooo.

I liked the magician bits in Index too since the magician bits provided a sense of danger or something? Not that they're too much for Touma to handle. It's just that with espers around, I'd be more than willing to see something that isn't included in the rules of Academy City, say, an outsider. Aleister is more than what he seems though. He shows his true intentions in II.

Also, I liked the imminent war setting of II more than I. It's just that I love war in a show. It's the greatest type of conflict, and it brings different characters together. II was the perfect representation of the start of something even bigger. The capturing of Orsola, the attack of the Roman Catholic Church, the whatchamacallit Fleet that was supposed to sink Venice, and the attack of Vento the Front on Academy City. Those were good. I was so hyped when the Pope issued an order to hunt down Kamijou Touma. I was thinking, 'Finally! The Kamijou Faction has been officially recognized as the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church. What will you do now, Touma?' And yeah.

Railgun S was nice. Probably the best in terms of visuals .I referred to the Sisters' Arc in Index since I was comparing the visuals of the two. Undoubtedly, Railgun S wins me over. It's just that it's better. Well, looking at the release dates, Index I (2010) is pretty far away from Railgun S (2013). I like how J.C. Staff improved over the years. But damn man. I want my Index III.

Yeah, that's essentially how each series is structured. Unless Touma is involved with Misaka for that arc, Index will mainly focus on the magic side. That's probably the reason Railgun was set up in the first place. Not only do we get more focus on the science side of Academy City, but we get more Misaka. :3 I do like the magic side of the setting as well since it has references to multiple religions and and ties to archaic practices of magic. You could tell the writer had quite a bit of knowledge in either of these (despite his inability to write a clear and concise plot, but I don't think anyone likes Raildex for the plot).

Yeah, that's essentially how each series is structured. Unless Touma is involved with Misaka for that arc, Index will mainly focus on the magic side. That's probably the reason Railgun was set up in the first place. Not only do we get more focus on the science side of Academy City, but we get more Misaka. :3 I do like the magic side of the setting as well since it has references to multiple religions and and ties to archaic practices of magic. You could tell the writer had quite a bit of knowledge in either of these (despite his inability to write a clear and concise plot, but I don't think anyone likes Raildex for the plot).

Kind of hits the spot for the plot. It doesn't seem to have a central plot.

Oh wait, it does. But it's simply too broad.

And the prospect of simply protecting Index from the magicians is now long gone.

Why, with Touma going all-out against even more absurd enemies (Othinus of GREMLIN), where has the relevance of Index gone!?

I still love it for the sub-plots though. How he explains each event and phenomenon happening not only in Academy City, but also in the magic side, is just amazing. 

Misaka seems to be sucked into the conflict between Science and Magic whenever she goes with Touma, so we'll be seeing her more than often, I guess.

In relevance to the anime, seeing that Aleister has now clearly expressed his intent to erase the equilibrium of science and magic, we'll be seeing more of the people from the science side, given that the pre-war plot will now commence. I guess this was the highlight of the series, seeing that everything finally lead to a battle royale between the two sides. It's too bad J.C. Staff is either stalling it or not planning to do it. I do hope it gets animated though. I'd appreciate a 50-episode Index III rather than a 24-episode III and 24-episode IV. Though it would provide some suspense for the fans, I would not want to wait another 3 years for the next season.

Meanwhile, Misaka a qt.

Nope not into traps.

Things are getting worse, they keep showing cute Gasper moments and now even he is shown naked along with others girls in the half-time cgs.

There are people okay with traps, after all (like me).
You'll get used to it.

finishing last 2 eps and ova of season one of love live and starting season 2 tonight nozomi = best girl

Nah man, Umi is best girl.

Kind of hits the spot for the plot. It doesn't seem to have a central plot.

Oh wait, it does. But it's simply too broad.

And the prospect of simply protecting Index from the magicians is now long gone.

Why, with Touma going all-out against even more absurd enemies (Othinus of GREMLIN), where has the relevance of Index gone!?

I still love it for the sub-plots though. How he explains each event and phenomenon happening not only in Academy City, but also in the magic side, is just amazing. 

Misaka seems to be sucked into the conflict between Science and Magic whenever she goes with Touma, so we'll be seeing her more than often, I guess.

In relevance to the anime, seeing that Aleister has now clearly expressed his intent to erase the equilibrium of science and magic, we'll be seeing more of the people from the science side, given that the pre-war plot will now commence. I guess this was the highlight of the series, seeing that everything finally lead to a battle royale between the two sides. It's too bad J.C. Staff is either stalling it or not planning to do it. I do hope it gets animated though. I'd appreciate a 50-episode Index III rather than a 24-episode III and 24-episode IV. Though it would provide some suspense for the fans, I would not want to wait another 3 years for the next season.

Meanwhile, Misaka a qt.

I like to think of the first two seasons of Index as buildup to the actual plot of the story which is essentially World War 3. And I'm totally anticipating "A Certain Scientific Accelerator" to be a thing given the ending to Season 2 of Index.

In any case, I'm super hyped for Index Season 3 whenever that comes around.

Watching Log Horizon 2 at the moment and its just as great as the first season so far.

Finished Highschool DxD.

I enjoyed both the seasons and it was very good. The idea itself isn't anything new but the execution is far better than what is seen in ecchi anime. It is definitely the best ecchi anime for me, and I recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind perverted stuff/jokes.

Forgot to also mention that I finished Hanasaku Iroha recently. I HIGHLY  recommend it to any Slice of Life lovers because it honestly was one of the best I've seen in awhile.

Reminds me that I should finish it. I did the first 15 episodes last week, and never finished it because the 16th episode was pretty bad from what I watched and just stopped me from continuing it.

Forgot to also mention that I finished Hanasaku Iroha recently. I HIGHLY  recommend it to any Slice of Life lovers because it honestly was one of the best I've seen in awhile.

Totally agree with that ;) , a must-see ...

So I now almost finished Clannad (only the two extra episodes left). It was really good and reminded me how awesome the VN is.

The first season I would rate with a 8, it was just really good. The second will earn a 9 from me and if i could rate parts of it alone it would get a 11 for the episodes 18-22, they really destroyed me emotionally  :D ...

Watch the to extra episodes today and then i will move on to the next one.

Greetz

I like to think of the first two seasons of Index as buildup to the actual plot of the story which is essentially World War 3. And I'm totally anticipating "A Certain Scientific Accelerator" to be a thing given the ending to Season 2 of Index.

In any case, I'm super hyped for Index Season 3 whenever that comes around.

Seeing this thread thrive, REALLY makes me happy.  

Not really excited for much this season.   Between 8-15 hour plane flights and jet lag, and stressful work. i havnt really had a chance to watch much of the new crop of shows this season.

Ive seen ep. 1 of the following:

Parasyte - the maxim : interesting premise, too early to judge

Log Horizon 2: LOVED the first season, but the apparent change in quality of the art is bugging me.  Hopefully it will get better.

Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works : Really excited for this. (Tay, we need to catch up and talk about this one as it airs.  I miss our conversations.)

Thats about it.  Now that im going to have more down time, ill be able to watch more.

Ryoji o_o

Nice to see you here! (Although admittedly I just saw your message to Tay on Twitter so not so surprised)

There's a couple of really cool medieval-fantasy shows this season (Garo, Shingeki no Bahamut, Akatsuki no Yona). You should check them out. We talked about them here!