What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Well yeah basically there's no practical reason to watch one before the other. So in those cases I just go production order, it's simpler and you discover it as it was done. It makes sense to watch a spin-off/prequel after its main body.

In the end it comes down to whether or not you want to watch it via production order or chronological order. :P

Finished Hamatora

Now that's what you call a cliffhanger ending.. I'm glad I didn't watch this show will it was airing because i'd be pissed.

The overall plot was cool and had potential, it felt kind of like Index, but the way the story developed was kind of underwhelming near the end, it was just deus ex machina and a really weird pacing. But it didn't take away the fact I very much enjoyed seeing all the fighting with the cool abilities while on an acid trip (all those colors..). It gets a 7/10 from me.

Will watch Re:Hamatora soon.

For now i'm going to continue with the stuff i had to watch

Next on the list is Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin

I heard many good things about it so I have high expectations.

Aside from my weekly shows, I've been mostly focusing on Hunter X Hunter since I want to catch up eventualy.  The Hunter's exam is finaly over! lol.  I still have over a hundred episodes to watch though.  :blink:

I've also been rewatching some episodes of K-On!! here and there just for fun.

Finished Hamatora

Now that's what you call a cliffhanger ending.. I'm glad I didn't watch this show will it was airing because i'd be pissed.

The overall plot was cool and had potential, it felt kind of like Index, but the way the story developed was kind of underwhelming near the end, it was just deus ex machina and a really weird pacing. But it didn't take away the fact I very much enjoyed seeing all the fighting with the cool abilities while on an acid trip (all those colors..). It gets a 7/10 from me.

Will watch Re:Hamatora soon.

For now i'm going to continue with the stuff i had to watch

Next on the list is Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin

I heard many good things about it so I have high expectations.

I should get to Hamatora eventually. I love Index-like settings, so I'm sure I'll enjoy watching it. A few friends gave a rec to me as well.

I'd advise against going into Nanana with high expectations, but they don't necessarily need to be low either. It was definitely a fun anime, and there's still a chance you'll like it more than I did, but I thought the anime focused too much on being decent at a lot of things and not great at fewer things. Personally, I was greatly dissatisfied with the romance. The LN supposedly had a lot of romance, and from what I saw, the potential for romance was really up there in the anime, but it failed to deliver. I know this can be said for a lot of series out there, but Nanana really should have been a 2-cour. Still, Nanana is a fun watch, and Tensai is glorious. <3

Having a great time with Tamako Market. At first glance it may seem like your ordinary slice of life, but it's unique in its own way. Don't know if I should be making such an analysis only having watched 2 episodes, but that's how I feel.

PS: And I LOVE the fact that plot characters are non-existent (to this point, at least), and by plot characters I mean the opposite type of justice characters.

Tamayura. Guess this should be a nice watch.

Try not to fall asleep :P It's a nice, relaxing slice of life but sometimes it's too relaxing and you end up staring at your screen with your brain shut off. For realz.

Actually I heard it was getting 4 (!) movies to end the story. I just can't imagine myself in front of a Tamayura movie, unless they somehow make it more eventful. And four movies is a lot. Kinda surprising. I'd like to see Junichi Satô do other stuff, even though I know he seems to like his series a lot.

Tamako Market finished. Now watching Yuru Yuri.

I love Yuru Yuri :D I still need to continue Tamako Market, definitely my type of anime, just only seen the first episode so far though.

Finished Kokoro Connect and gave it a 10/10 on MAL. Really awesome series, especially the Michi Random arc.

Kokoro Connect is one of my all time favorites, such an amazing series, and yes, especially Michi Random. Planning a rewatch of it soon.

Try not to fall asleep :P It's a nice, relaxing slice of life but sometimes it's too relaxing and you end up staring at your screen with your brain shut off. For realz.

Actually I heard it was getting 4 (!) movies to end the story. I just can't imagine myself in front of a Tamayura movie, unless they somehow make it more eventful. And four movies is a lot. Kinda surprising. I'd like to see Junichi Satô do other stuff, even though I know he seems to like his series a lot.

It should be a nice turnaround from what I usually watch, because it's been a long time since I actually watched a SoL. Time for a nice relaxation then :P and I just heard about the movies too.

I decided to watch some anime movies since I hardly ever watch anime movies (not movies of series like Dragon Ball, One Piece and whatever series I never watch those). I watched Akira, Redline, Hotarubi no Mori e, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki.

Akira - I believe I saw some part of this movie in TV ages ago but I don't remember anything and never saw the full thing. Was a great movie with an interesting plot. I'm gonna have to read the manga one day. 8/10

Redline - HOLY SHIT MADHOUSE, what a beautiful movie. Art was perfect, characters were awesome, music was top notch and the racing was fantastically intense. 9/10

Hotarubi no Mori e - Since I love Natsume Yuujinchou and I saw this as a recommendation in MAL I've been wanting to watch this for a while. Very enjoyable movie. 8/10

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki - One of the best movies I've seen to date. Beautiful and heartwarming with a great ending. Near the ending I was sure I'm gonna get angry at Ame but thankfully that didn't happen. 10/10

My conclusion: MADHOUSE IS GOD & I need to watch more anime movies.

Aside from the 14 currently airing:

• I recently finished Spice and Wolf, it was beautiful, easily in my top 10.
  • Currently watching Selector Infected WIXOSS and I do not understand how it is so underrated.  Its Yugioh meets Zatch Bell meets Madoka Magica.  The feels are strong with this one.  

Your conclusion is correct. Now get to work on all the Ghibli movies (except a few ones) & all of Mamoru Hosoda's movies.

Oh and add all of Satoshi Kon to that.

First I'm gonna watch all the remaining Madhouse movies. :P I've seen some of Ghibli movies (Spirited Away - masterpiece, Grave of the Fireflies - another masterpiece and a few others that I caught bits on TV but didn't pay attention)