What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Ah, the incomparable Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. I saw it a long time ago, and I wasn't used to that level of emotional intensity in an anime before. Of course, it also had the antics of the incomparable Ayu Daikuuji :-)

I'm still mostly watching the incomparable Ranma 1/2, on season 3 now and it's consistently been an incomparably funny anime. I wonder why I put off watching it for so long...

I did end up seeing a bizarre (and IMO rather pointless) movie called "The Life Story of Budori Guskou". It didn't resonate with me at all.

If you want to see an offbeat, different kind of anime movie, I much preferred that one about the Japanese engineer who went to Taiwan to build a dam (Paaten Rai)

btw guess what my favorite word is today...

Ppl told me that the DAL animation sucks as if left out too many details.

If you're a LN reader, yes since it is adapting 4 volumes in just 12 episodes(maybe 13)

However, If you don't read LN, it doesn't matter since the anime makes sense in its own.

Also you watch DAL for chars, not for plot~ B)

Excluding the ones from last season that I'm still watching...stuff I'm (continuing to) watch this current season:

- Red Data Girl (Storyline!!)

- Hentai Ouji (Cute Cute)

- Suisei no Gargantia (Best Mecha One!!)

- Valvrave the Liberator (Wanted to be Code Geass....)

- Hataraku Maou-sama! (Hooked after 1st Episode!!)

I just started Cross Game, seems like my kind of show and everything I've read about it makes it seem that I'll love it. :)/>

I also watched Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien a little while back. I liked it, it was indeed pretty emotional, and Takayuki really comes off as a big jerk.(I kept expecting him to bone Akane lol)

If you're a LN reader, yes since it is adapting 4 volumes in just 12 episodes(maybe 13)

However, If you don't read LN, it doesn't matter since the anime makes sense in its own.

Also you watch DAL for chars, not for plot~ cool.gif

True. Though DAL is quite similar to TWGOK in many many ways.

Currently watching K-ON!! (2nd season)

Man, I watched the 1st season when it came out and I thought it was ok, and that was it. But these days I rewatched it and it's really great, it's a lot better than I remembered.

There are some scenes where I laugh so hard my sides hurt xD

Currently watching K-ON!! (2nd season)

Man, I watched the 1st season when it came out and I thought it was ok, and that was it. But these days I rewatched it and it's really great, it's a lot better than I remembered.

There are some scenes where I laugh so hard my sides hurt xD

Some K-ON!! for ya

Qv6gd.jpg

Better view it on another window.

Some K-ON!! for ya

Qv6gd.jpg

Better view it on another window.

Oooh, nicee, what is this feeling~?

Well, before I watched this anime some years ago I thought they were sisters, they really look alike. But Mio has always been my favorite ^^

I saw the first episode. It was alright, but my anime-watching buddy (whose tastes generally align pretty well with mine) thought it was awful so it's iffy if I'll keep following it. We've settled on Shingeki no Kyojin and possibly Suisei no Gargantia as the most promising shows of the season. But overall, the lineup this season is pretty bad.

Were you even there last season? There's, like, no possible comparison.

You should also set yours eyes on Majestic Prince, it's better than what ep 1 let it looks. Valvrave is a good popcorn-tier mecha. Some nice comedy and mildly promising stuff too, overall there's plenty to do with.

But I'll agree that so far nothing seems to come any close to SnK and SnG.

About Date A Live (let's stay on topic >_>) I settled on keeping the watch, it seems parody-esque enough for me. Makes up for the stupid scenario.

I'll transplant my response to Down here to avoid topic derailment.

Last season there were still some quality shows from Autumn airing. Episode 1 of Majestic Prince was awful--just a parade of cliches that reminded me of Power Rangers. My buddy thought it was poor but watchable, but I used my veto powers. Valvrave didn't pass preliminary screening (mostly due to lack of description in the preview image we were using), but if we run out shows to watch we might give it a try.

Last season there were still some quality shows from Autumn airing. Episode 1 of Majestic Prince was awful--just a parade of cliches that reminded me of Power Rangers. My buddy thought it was poor but watchable, but I used my veto powers. Valvrave didn't pass preliminary screening (mostly due to lack of description in the preview image we were using), but if we run out shows to watch we might give it a try.

Well, I can understand that. If you want only to watch the best stuff each season, that makes sense.

Then again, as I said Majestic Prince's ep 1 made it seem like it was some kind of poor anime with an inferior patlabor-like funny team and meh cliche scenario (dunno where do that power rangers thing comes from though), but from the latest episodes I have a hunch it could be way better than that. Mostly a hunch though, it's still only 4 episodes.

And if you dislike cliches, don't watch Valvrave. Ep 1 is a blatant retake of Gundam, (not that it's bad but you can hardly be more cliche than that) and from then it goes kinda Code Geass-like with poorer writing. It's kinda entertaining and the animation is pretty nice though, which makes it a good popcorn-tier anime.

Toaru S is adapting the manga's best arc, you could try that too because it could really turn out good.

Toaru S could be interesting, but we haven't seen the original yet (and what glimpses I've seen of the original didn't leave me with a good impression; To Aru no Majutsu no Index was decent though).

I should clarify that having cliches in itself is not necessarily a problem (just about every concept you could imagine involves a known trope); the problem is when a bunch of cookie cutter stereotypes are just cobbled together and the result itself is meritless: essentially mass-produced mediocrity. I watched one episode of Majestic Prince, and it was only politeness that kept me from shutting it off 10min sooner.

I'd rank shows like Date A Live as popcorn tier. I'm willing to watch anime like that. There's also popular shows like K-On and Chuunibyou that I'd rank as barely watchable or unwatchable. I'm sure part of this is taste. It's not too hard to agree on top tier anime. It's much harder to agree on shows that are alright vs. awful.

I watched Evangelion 3.33. Then I watched it again. Then I just settled on the fact that it's apparent Anno pulls this crap out of his ass.

In other news, I finally plan on finishing Nichijou and beginning Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo!

Don't you be spoiling it for me Batman >.>

Gonna watch 3.33 tomorrow. Reminds me I need to watch the last 7 episodes of Nichijou. I forgive you Batman.

I approve Sakurasou~

Anime club showed Ep 1 as a preview of the series and I enjoyed it a lot. I'll need to find time to actually go watch the whole thing though...that backlog of mine...

I've been catching up on Tamako Market lately at least.

Also I've been wondering for awhile now SnowPoke, what does your avatar come from?

Anime club showed Ep 1 as a preview of the series and I enjoyed it a lot. I'll need to find time to actually go watch the whole thing though...that backlog of mine...

I've been catching up on Tamako Market lately at least.

Also I've been wondering for awhile now SnowPoke, what does your avatar come from?

I'm guessing Symphonic Rain though I'm not sure.

VN-Angel is correct.

Arietta from Symphonic Rain. Though now Torta is also in the pic.

Finished 3.33...my brain hurts.

What the flying fuck was even going on I don't even know, animation was beautiful though <3

I know what happened in the movie... I just don't know why or how. Soooo many questions. I was going to write a review, but just gave up after I realized I don't know what to make of it.

I am following ten animes from this season (OTL)

Attack on Titan

Dansai Bunri Crime Edge

Date A Live

Devil Survivor 2

DokiDoki Precure

Hentai Ouji Stony Cat

Karneval

Oreimo S2

Red Data Girl

Suisei no Gargantia

Plus I'm trying to finish Cardcaptor Sakura xD