What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Just finished BTOOOM!, Angel Beats! Koichoco. I had medium expectations for BTOOOM! since I like battle royale-themed stuff, but I felt the ending was very lacking. As for Koichoco... I was disappointed.

The romance was very dull and bland. The political drama was far more interesting than the romance, and even then the only thing keeping me from completely enjoying the political drama was the fact that it takes place in high school (I'm just getting tired of the high school setting in like 90% of anime/eroge lol). But at the same time I can't but think that maybe this is a reflection of Japan's own politics.

I'll just wait for the translated game to come so I can play it and see what I missed out from the anime. As for Angel Beats, it would've been so much better if it was 24-26 episodes.

I'm trying to play catch-up with a lot shows from last season /sobs

Honestly, the main selling point for me in the anime was like you said the political drama. I could forgive the dull romance since I honestly felt that it was just an addition to the main story rather than the main story itself. I enjoyed Koichoco a lot and I'm impatiently waiting for the translated game. Then again, I can't say I've watched enough anime to start becoming tired of the high school setting. In all honesty though, I don't think I'd ever be tired of the high school setting but we'll see when that time comes.

I felt that Angel Beats was fine as is. Sure, they might have been able to stretch the anime to 24/26 episodes, adding more to the show, but what I liked about the show was how it told the story. If it was 24/26 episodes, the pacing would feel a lot slower in my opinion (which I guess is what other people want) and I don't think the ending would have the same impact on me otherwise.

I'm also trying to "catch up" on last seasons shows as well. I wasn't exactly behind per se since I was waiting for the shows to finish airing but there were A LOT of shows last season that I wanted watch.

This week I watched:

movies:

Lyrical Nanoha A's

older shows:

Yawara

Ranma 1/2 season 2

Gundam (about 1/4 way through)

The Snow Queen (about 1/3 the way through)

It'll take a long time before I see all of Ranma or Yawara. That's okay, I don't mind shows that go on a little while if they stay good. Last year I watched Super Doll Licca-chan and Miracle Girls which were both pretty long.

more recent shows:

Mouretsu Space Pirates (about 1/2 way through)

I really like the character art and CG and BGM in this show.

next week I plan to start at least a couple of these newer ones:

Little Busters

Da Capo III

Sakarasou no Pet na Kanojo

Ore no Kanojo to Osana-najimi ga Shuraba-sugiru

Just finished Persona 4 last night. It was really good, though there were some times at the middle where I thought about dropping it, but somehow I got to the end and it was great.

It was really fun watching some of the personas I use in Persona 3 appearing in an anime.

Now I think I'm gonna start Black Lagoon, I've had it on hold for a looong time. I also wanted to watch Queen's Blade (for the plot, obviously) to see how good or bad it is.

it's amazing. I love rock.

i'm watching haiyore nyaruko-san. it's pretty ridiculous.

I gotta remember to watch season 2 pronto as soon as its finished airing. I couldn't get enough of the hilarity and was extremely happy to here that there was a second season.

Also, dat trap mang T.T

I gotta remember to watch season 2 pronto as soon as its finished airing. I couldn't get enough of the hilarity and was extremely happy to here that there was a second season.

Also, dat trap mang T.T

I don't know of this trap in which you speak, but the jingle at the title of each episode is awesomesauce. I must obtain it and make it my ringtone.

are you talking about the blonde boy? it's not really a trap since it comes out and tells you he's a boy right off the bat.

or are you talking about

the episodes where they switch bodies? that's not really a trap either...

Despite the fact that they outright tell you he's a boy, I still consider him a trap.

It's opinion based I guess... Though after some quick searches, people seem to agree that he's a trap.

A Definition I guess?

And Here

i consider traps to be feminine looking characters that the show allows you to assume are girls, and then wtf's all over your face later on.

also, bl anime that don't reveal they're bl anime until halfway through the series are also traps. they are the worst kinds of traps, and the writers of such traps have a special circle of hell waiting for them. one usually reserved for talk show hosts and people who speak at the theater.

that character isn't really a trap because it tells you he's a boy before anything happens. if they had waited until after he said he was in love with the main character to reveal it, then it would have been a trap.

Just finished Persona 4 last night. It was really good, though there were some times at the middle where I thought about dropping it, but somehow I got to the end and it was great.

It was really fun watching some of the personas I use in Persona 3 appearing in an anime.

Now I think I'm gonna start Black Lagoon, I've had it on hold for a looong time. I also wanted to watch Queen's Blade (for the plot, obviously) to see how good or bad it is.

I was not so lucky and I ended dropping it about half way through. I was going to go back and watch the rest of it, but I am not playing Persona 4 Golden, so I think I'll find out the reveal from the game instead. It was really well done too. Totally love Black Lagoon, just a shame there wasn't more of it.

-------------------------------------------

I am currently watching

Hunter x Hunter

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

Ixion DT (on the last 3-4 episodes, can't bring myself to finish it, felt a bit like it was starting good, then wasn't quite sure what i wanted to be)

Recently finished:

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Nichijou

I really should get around to updating my list of watched anime. Not done it for 6 months, here goes my evening.#

Edit: Updating my watched list and I see "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai 2 - Spring 2013".... Well that's my day made.

Started rewatching Sketchbook ~full color'S~. It's probably one of the most easygoing, relaxing, and far out anime ever made. It's one of my all-time faves. Every episodes gives me the fuzzies. Everything about it is absolutely soothing. Truly spiritual. :D

Started rewatching Sketchbook ~full color'S~. It's probably one of the most easygoing, relaxing, and far out anime ever made. It's one of my all-time faves. Every episodes gives me the fuzzies. Everything about it is absolutely soothing. Truly spiritual. :D/>

:) Such a great Anime. Good choice!!

I finished Black Lagoon this morning. It was really awesome, though I would like for it to have more chapters.

By the way, does anyone know if the manga is gonna keep going or what?

A while ago I started Hellsing, I've wanted to watch it for some time and I finally decided to do it now. I've only watched 2 chapters right now, but it looks really cool already.

A while ago I started Hellsing, I've wanted to watch it for some time and I finally decided to do it now. I've only watched 2 chapters right now, but it looks really cool already.

Are you watching the original anime or the Ultimate OVAs?

Are you watching the original anime or the Ultimate OVAs?

I started with the original, and when I finish it, I'm gonna watch the OVAs.

I'm not sure if the OVAs are chronologically sooner or later than the original, but like Ryoji says, I think it's best to see the original first.

Finished Hellsing (original). It was short but awesome, though Alucard's strength takes most of the drama from this anime, and I'd like to see Seras more vampire-like

I'm gonna wait a while until I watch Ultimate, so this morning I started Full Metal Panic. So far, it looks really great, I think I'm gonna laugh a lot with this anime

Hey guys, since there is a significant number of Anime Fans here, I figured I would make a Topic about what were watching.

Ill go first,

Im watching Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight at the moment. Really cute Slice of Life/Comedy Anime I recommend to everyone.

What are you watching???

currently:

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Kimi ga nozomu Eien

and waiting for Date a Live to finish airing to later download the fansubbed episodes