What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I never actually watched Sailor Moon as a child, and it's not directly related to the news of the new series, but I'm watching Sailor Moon!! Usagi is really annoying . _ . But this anime is what got me into anime and drawing (weird, when I never actually watched it). I'm halfway done with the first season.

And I'll be watching the new Mushishi series :3 I had just finished watching the first one for the first time before I knew about the new season, so I was ecstatic to find out about it. I really loved the theme of the anime in general. It's a close one next to the Natsume Yuujinchou series which I finished while it was airing.

Watching quite a few of the new ones this season, along with catching up on my fuck ton of backlog. Just got done with the latest episodes of Black Bullet and The Manga Artist one though, good stuff. On the back log side of things, currently getting through Sekirei and Mayo Chiki followed by Kampfer.

I've just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica, first two movies: Beginnings (Hajimari no Monogatari) and Eternal (Eien no Monogatari) which recapitulated in 4 hours everything, what happend in anime.  Good stuff  :D

It's hard to find anything good nowadays. Best series usually don't tend to reach further beyond mediocre at most, and if they seem to have traces of awesomeness, they dissapoint in the end quite often. Few last seasons were incredibly shitty, though you can still find decent stuff to watch from time to time.

I'm currently watching No Game No Life, Black Bullet and Hitsugi no Chaika; I also picked up Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, not sure why - perhaps because it seems to be something more than your typical otome show. From all of those, No Game no Life is propably the most entertaining; I quite like the art style they went with and it's nice to see such a vivid, colorful palette. Black Bullet has certain degree of potential, but I'm worried they will actually dwelve from the post apocalyptic drama into some average action series; so far It seems they are doing it right and I quite like the way they are actually giving more impact on the relationship between our main duo as the main factor for the storyline.

Hitsugi no Chaika seems to be interesting to a certain degree; I picked it up mainly because of the magitech setting and really good designs. Unfortunately, even though premise isn't anything original yet has some degree of potential, I can already sense a shadow of mediocrity looming around.

I learned to not hold my hopes up; I tend to watch anime mainly as pure entertainment nowadays and it's actually better this way. If the animu you watched wasn't anything good in the end, you won't get severely dissapointed. If it will, you'll be pleasantly surprised instead.

I learned to not hold my hopes up; I tend to watch anime mainly as pure entertainment nowadays and it's actually better this way. If the animu you watched wasn't anything good in the end, you won't get severely dissapointed. If it will, you'll be pleasantly surprised instead.

This.

I hardly ever get my hopes up for anything unless I know it's a sequel of something I love (in which case I can't help but fanboy).

But there's other cases where you might want to get some hopes up, but you need to check some things first, the studio that animates it, the synopsis, the characters and of course reviews are the best way to know if a show is worthy or not.

I always do a thorough research before watching a show and that's how I usually know what to hope for and that's why I rarely get disappointed, obviously the same can't be applied to stuff that hasn't aired yet in which case you shouldn't get your hopes up a lot.

But just a suggestion so you don't have to get your hopes down for everything in order to not be disappointed. The anime world is beautiful , it has its bad apples but not everything sucks and I'm sure if you make a thorough search you'll find stuff that won't disappoint you. And I guarantee you it feels great when you hope for something and that something meets your expectations.

It's been a while since I've been in here. Since last time I posted in here I have watched both seasons of Jormungand. I really enjoyed this one. It's been a good while since I have seen an action anime quite like this. It gives off a kind of Black Lagoon vibe. I was a little disappointed in how the ending was done but even still, it was a great experience.

Now, after a few problems downloading this series, I am finally starting to watch Soul Eater. I'm only three episodes in, just enough to finish the prologue, but I expect good things from this one. And this may sound weird, but this souls look really tasty!

I've finally watched Golden Time and Chuunibyou season 2. It was kind of a slow watch since I've been doing a lot of work around the house.

I'm glad I brought down my expectations for Chuunibyou, I actually kind of enjoyed watching it, though not nearly as much as the first season. Golden Time was also pretty good but I wasn't so fond of some parts in the ending.

Jormungand is average; Preety enjoyable in terms of a show for a typical western fan, mainly because of it's more mature atmospehere, it has an incredibly underdeveloped and unreliable storyline full of plot holes and nonsense. For someone who's actually into the sort of stuff presented in the anime, it might actually be really annoying to watch. In other words - wasted potential, that could become a really decent series.

Eitherway, it's still preety enjoyable, as long as you're able to cope with the nonsense within it.

Jormungand is average; Preety enjoyable in terms of a show for a typical western fan, mainly because of it's more mature atmospehere, it has an incredibly underdeveloped and unreliable storyline full of plot holes and nonsense. For someone who's actually into the sort of stuff presented in the anime, it might actually be really annoying to watch. In other words - wasted potential, that could become a really decent series.

Eitherway, it's still preety enjoyable, as long as you're able to cope with the nonsense within it.

Aww you just turned me off.

Guess the first 2 episodes doesn't say much about the anime. I'll be the judge of that once I finish.