(PART ONE)ANIME NEWS: Spring 2013 Season Preview

Ryoji

PART ONE!!!

Hey everyone. I thought I would give you guys here at Fuwanovel a preview of the upcoming Spring 2013 Season.

*Note* Some information on some shows is not yet available. I will update this post as new information about the shows becomes available.

A14862-1979817596.1353327882.jpg

RDG Red Data Girl

- Premiere date: 2013-03-16

Genres: fantasy

Opening Theme: "Sumoruwāru Drop" (スモルワールドロップ) by Annabel

Ending Theme: "Yokan" (予感) by Masumi Itou

Plot Summary: The modern fantasy story revolves around Izumiko, a girl raised within the confines of Tamakura Shrine, one of the Kumano shrines that are part of a World Heritage site. However, after Izumiko spent practically her entire life at Kumano until middle school, she wants to become a normal girl. it was decided that she and her childhood friend Miyuki would enroll in Hōjō High School in Tokyo. On a school trip to Tokyo, a mysterious entity known as Himegami appears and a terrible incident occurs. Izumiko's family carries a great secret that Izumiko is about to learn.

A14953-3095658999.1355456875.jpg

Date A Live

- Premiere date: 2013-03-16

Genres: comedy, romance, science fiction

Ending Theme: "Save the World" by Iori Nomizu

Plot Summary: Thirty years before a strange phenomena called a "spacequake" devastated the center of Eurasia, claiming the lives of at least 150 million people. Since then, smaller spacequakes plague the world on a irregular basis. Shidō Itsuka, a seemingly ordinary high schooler comes across a mysterious girl at the ground zero of a spacequake and learns from his sister Kotori she is one of the "Spirits" who are the real cause of the spacequakes that occur when they manifest themselves in the world. He also learns that Kotori is the captain of the airship Ratatoskr and recruits him to make use of his mysterious ability to seal the Spirits' powers and stop them from being a threat to mankind. However, there is a catch: to seal a Spirit, he must make her fall in love with him.

A15114-1600000017.1361955626.jpg

DD Hokuto no Ken

- Premiere date: 2013-04-02

Genres: comedy, slice of life

Plot Summary:Super-deformed version of Buronson, Hara Tetsuo's post-apocalyptic fighting manga. Note: The "DD" stands for "Design Deformation," since the characters are only "two-heads-tall."

A14855-1314604361.1351151634.jpg

Karneva

Opening Theme: "Henai no Rondo" by GRANRODEO

Ending Theme: "REASON" by KAmiYU

Plot Summary: Nai searches for someone important to him, with only an abandoned bracelet as a clue. Gareki steals and pick-pockets to get by from day to day. The two meet in a strange mansion where they are set-up, and soon become wanted criminals by military security operatives. When Nai and Gareki find themselves desperate in a hopeless predicament, they encounter none other than the country's most powerful defense organization, "Circus". The Circus is a Defense organization that works for the government. They perform raids to capture criminals and solve crimes that the Security force otherwise cannot handle. After their raids, they put on shows as an apology for scaring the citizens. Their group consists of the strongest, most capable fighters that use a special type of bracelet, known as Circus I.D., to fight.

A14888-876075677.1361742667.jpg

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.

Alternative title: My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected.

- Premiere date: 2013-04-03

Genres: comedy, romance

Opening Theme: "Yukitoki" by Nagi Yanagi

Plot Summary: This romantic comedy revolves around an antisocial high school student named Hikigaya Hachiman with a distorted view on life and no friends or girlfriend. When he see his classmates talking excitedly about living their adolescent lives, he mutters, They're a bunch of liars. When he is asked about his future dreams, he responds, Not working. A teacher gets Hachiman to join the volunteer service club, which happens to have the school's prettiest girl, Yukinoshita Yukino.

A14902-2529220058.1354033928.jpg

Photo Kano

Premiere date: 2013-04-04

Genres: romance

Plot Summary: The story revolves around the male protagonist who just got a DSLR camera from his dad and start to develop photography as his new hobby.

A15094-2248501169.1358801451.jpg

Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live

Premiere date: 2013-04-06

Genres: comedy, drama

Opening Theme: #1: "BOY MEETS GIRL" by Prizmmy☆ (eps 1-)

Plot Summary: Naru Ayase is an 8th grader who can see the colors of music when she listens to it. For Naru, who is extremely good at decorating, becoming the owner of a shop like Dear Crown was her dream. One day, she finds out that the manager of a newly-opened shop is recruiting middle school girls who can do Prism Dance, and immediately applies. Naru begins to Prism Dance at the audition, and an aura she's never experienced spreads out in front of her. At that moment, a mysterious girl named Rinne asks her if she can see "rainbow music".

A14208-2621908271.1357719509.jpg

Ore no Imōto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. (Season 2)

Genres: slice of life

Premiere Date: 2013-04-06

Opening Theme: "reunion" by ClariS

Plot Summary: Living on the shadow of his prodigious younger sister, Kyousuke Kosaka conducts a normal lifestyle until he accidentally finds out that she hides a secret. In addition to being smart, pretty, and popular; Kirino Kosaka is also an obsessive consumer of anime and eroge (adult computer games). After being assured that Kyousuke is committed to not mock her and keep this concealed from their parents, she starts to share a bit of her world with him. Kirino faces several problems as she tries to keep the appearances and balance her exemplar school life with her hobbies. Her brother then becomes a crucial ally while dealing with all the difficulties that lie ahead.

f0d011f595f9aeafcf98fe26d376926c_0.jpg

Danchi Tomoo

Genres: comedy, slice of life

Plot Summary: Story is about Tomoo, a kid in grade school who lives in a Danchi (hi-rise apt. building complex) with his friends. He gets into trouble a lot and is dumb, whiny, etc. All about his misadventures at school and with the people in the Danchi, and being a kid in Japan in general.

A15108-2476024538.1359668444.jpg

Tetsujin 28-gō Gao!

Plot Summary: The series of anime shorts, roughly five minutes in length, will focus on protagonist Shōtarō Kaneda's everyday life instead of focusing on battle scenes as previous Tetsujin 28 titles have done. The visuals of the title robot, its nemesis Black Ox, and other elements will have a pop-art style.

37643.jpg

Jewelpet Happiness

Genres: magic

Plot Summary: The fifth TV anime series of the Jewelpet franchise will be beginning on April 6, 2013. It will be entitled “Jewelpet Happiness” and will tell the story of Chieri and her life as a teenager in the Jewel Academy. The previous four series were Jewelpet, Jewelpet Twinkle, Jewelpet Sunshine and Jewelpet Kira☆Deco—

promo_1361630973_zps6523d6be.jpg

Boku wa Ō-sama

Genres: Classic, fantasy, children

Plot Summary: The stories follow a king who loves eating eggs and playing around, and despises studying. Despite his gluttonous, self-centered, boastful ways, he has endeared himself to generations of children. Famed Japanese children's book author Teruo Teramura and artist Shizuko Wakayama launched this fairy tale series in 1959 with Zō no Tamago no Tamagoyaki (Elephant Egg Omelet). Boku wa Ō-sama (I Am the Royal Highness), the book that lends the television anime its name, won the 15th Mainichi Shuppan Bunka-Sho award, while the A-I-U-E-Ō-sama (A-I-U-E-O Highness) book won the 3rd Ehon Nippon-Sho award. The series has about 50 books that have sold 5 million copies.

A15135-2450805311.1361958490.jpg

Glass no Kamen Desu ga

Genres: Romance, Comedy, Parody

Premiere Date: 2013-04-07

Plot Summary: The anime will re-imagine the story with the characters Maya Kitajima and her rival Ayumi Himekawa being "yankee" (delinquent) girls who both aspire to be the leader of the "Crimson Goddess" gang. This will be a series of 3 min shorts.

A14989-1515139702.1360439411.jpg

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W (Season 2)

Genres: Comedy, Romance, Parody

Premiere Date: 2013-04-07

Plot Summary: The story of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san centers around Nyaruko, a formless Cthulhu-deity of chaos (Nyarlathotep) who can take on the shape of a seemingly ordinary silver-haired girl. Mahiro Yasaka is a normal high school boy who is being chased by a fearsome black alien one night, until Nyaruko saves him. She explains that the creatures from H. P. Lovecraft's works are actually races of aliens, and that she has been sent to Earth to protect him from being kidnapped by an alien trafficker. Eventually, Nyaruko and two other Lovecraft-creatures, Cthugha and Hastur, end up being freeloaders at Mahiro's place.[1]

A14962-1797802537.1362012597.jpg

Arata Kangatari

Genres: fantasy

Premiere Date: 2013-04-08

Opening Theme: "GENESIS ARIA" by Sphere

Ending Theme: "The Misfit Go" by OLDCODEX

Plot Summary: Every 30 years, a new princess is chosen from the Hime family to serve the Hayagami. The time has come again, but over these past years, records state not a single female has been born, save for one, the 15 year old Arata. The only problem is, Arata is actually a male! Forced to disguise himself and take the place of the princess candidate until a formal one can be found, he attends the festival only to witness the current princess, Kokuri-hime, murdered, and his own life is forfeit as well, by the hands of the princess' personal guard, the 12 Shinshou. As he runs for his life, Kannagi of the 12 convinces everyone that Arata is the one who has murdered the princess instead, and now everyone in the Imperial Court is after his head!

A14549-1119131529.1356745180.jpg

"Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat

Genres: Comedy, Ecchi, Romance, School Life, Seinen, Supernatural

Premiere Date: 2013-04

Opening Theme: "Fantastic Future" by Yukari Tamura

Ending Theme: "Baby Sweet Berry Love" by Yui Ogura

Plot Summary:If Yokodera (the main character) were an equation, he would be 'he loves peeping at girls' plus 'he does not care what others might say,' with the result 'he peeps vigorously, intensely, diligently.' Yokodera mops so that he can see the reflection of panties in the floor. He weeds so that he can see up skirts. He rides fast so that each girl he passes has her skirt flipped. He does these sorts of things everyday without fail. But to everyone else, he is just a diligent guy whose actions are appreciated. Lucky? No. Yokodera doesn't like being misunderstood, but he is also a coward. He moans, wishing that people would stop seeing his actions as good ones, but he can't correct them. He whined about his cowardice all the time until one day, his friend told him about a cat statue that could get rid of his unwanted trait for him...

Ok guys 16 down and about 16 to go. Look forward to Part Two in the next day or so.

Well, right now nothing strikes me as super exciting. I guess i'll pick up most of the things and drop them progressively unless i find good stuff. Despite what the badmouths say, there's always some good stuff anyway.

Well, right now nothing strikes me as super exciting. I guess i'll pick up most of the things and drop them progressively unless i find good stuff. Despite what the badmouths say, there's always some good stuff anyway.

Remember this is only Part one. There are around 16 more anime to preview so in part 2 you might see something you like.

I see Annabel, Yanagi Nagi, & Kaji Yuuki on the list.

Insta-watch.

you watch series because of their op/eds? :D?

(It influences my choices too \o/)

(but then again if the song is good but the series is like really really bad, I'd probably drop it / o \)

you watch series because of their op/eds? :D?

(It influences my choices too \o/)

(but then again if the song is good but the series is like really really bad, I'd probably drop it / o \)

Well I generally pick what to watch based on the plot description. If it ends up being shit, then I stick with it for the seiyuu (which is the main reason I haven't dropped a show yet). Sometimes the OP/ED makes me stick with a show, but more often then not I get the OP/ED song later and never touch the show (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ

Annabel and Yanagi Nagi are on my list of top-tier singers & Kaji Yuuki is on my list of top-tier seiyuu, so it's insta-watch for me (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Well I generally pick what to watch based on the plot description. If it ends up being shit, then I stick with it for the seiyuu (which is the main reason I haven't dropped a show yet). Sometimes the OP/ED makes me stick with a show, but more often then not I get the OP/ED song later and never touch the show (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ

Annabel and Yanagi Nagi are on my list of top-tier singers & Kaji Yuuki is on my list of top-tier seiyuu, so it's insta-watch for me (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

for me it's like

1. make a list of interesting ish series description+names

2. watch them

3. if the story sucks then I drop it, if the song is good then I watch it for a few more episodes

4. if it still sucks drop it, and then just find it on youtube or torrents or something and dl it for the meantime until the op/ed single comes out

which tends to mean I watch about 10-14 or so anime series per season (athough I'd probably drop like 3-5 of them)

\o/

also too lazy to 2ch emoticon spam today @@

Isn't Kizumonogatari suppose to come out this spring as well?

Kizumonogatari was supposed to come out a while ago already, wouldn't surprise me if Shaft decided to postpone it yet again.

Ryoji didn't include the movies in this preview anyway, did he?

Kizumonogatari was supposed to come out a while ago already, wouldn't surprise me if Shaft decided to postpone it yet again.

Ryoji didn't include the movies in this preview anyway, did he?

No i didnt. If people want I can make a Coming Soon Anime Movie topic. Just let me know. There are a bunch of movies scheduled!!

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, does anyone know where to find info about upcoming BD releases, especially for movies? (i'm especially thinking about you and your previous posts, Ryoji ;))

That's the kind of info I always struggle to find. I saw somewhere that Nanoha A's movie is coming soon but I can't get my hand on the info again. Mardock Scramble 3 aired in September already but i've no idea when the BD will come out. Etc, etc...

(I of course know about sites like ANN and MAL)

• 2 weeks later...