To play little busters now or wait?

Tempest

So with Little busters Ex on the brink of release (or at least i hope so.. it's on 97%) i'm wondering wherever or not i should either 1. play the original game which i'm sure is fantastic or 2. wait and play EX edition.

The H scenes don't matter to me and i'm more into the story and well EX has 2 extra routes and i'm curious as to how they end.

Thoughts? 

I vote play it now.

It's unclear to me whether the TL might be stalled, or just progressing slowly. But the team's twitter account is dead, and there hasn't been an update in at least a couple months, AFAIK. I like to have faith it will finish, but then again, I'm one of those poor fools who's also waiting on Miyako's route in Majikoi since approximately the dawn of time, so I've learned to just live in the moment, not get your hopes up, and just be pleasantly surprised when a TL finishes.

The original Little Busters has tons of content as is, without EX.

So with Little busters Ex on the brink of release (or at least i hope so.. it's on 97%) i'm wondering wherever or not i should either 1. play the original game which i'm sure is fantastic or 2. wait and play EX edition.

The H scenes don't matter to me and i'm more into the story and well EX has 2 extra routes and i'm curious as to how they end.

Thoughts? 

• 4 weeks later...

The EX routes aren't even unlocked until you play through the whole game, IIRC (and please correct me if I got it wrong), so I'd say just play it and someday, when EX is fully translated, come back to it. Little Busters is good enough to play a second time imo.

Thoughts? 

I'm pretty sure it was "on the brink" for ages already.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard the original routes also are rewritten to a certain degree in EX - if they really do improve on them, then it should be worth it to wait?

I'd play Little Busters but I haven't seen the anime yet.
Should I watch the anime first?

No, don't. It's not a bad adaptation per se, but it's no KyoAni. Go for the VN, the anime would only make the experience worse.

I'd play Little Busters but I haven't seen the anime yet.

Should I watch the anime first?

My recommendation ALMOST always is read the VN first when it comes to this kind of deal. I mean, you could watch the anime first... I did. However I kinda regret doing that after going through the VN afterwards. I really wished I had gone through the VN first as I feel it would have been a lot more effective. 

I always watch the anime 1st if I can.

After the anime, the corresponding game feels like an expanded, more in depth version of the story, which can now proceed in different directions.  You feel like "that was a good show, but now I want more"

On the other hand, once you play the game first, then you notice everything the anime has left out, and flattening the tree-shaped storyline is rarely done in a way that is everyone's favorite.

But if you see the anime 1st you would not have to worry about that.

When it comes to "do you read the vn or watch the anime first?", I think you should watch the anime first. Simply because after reading the VN, the anime usually comes off as disappointing. But if you watch the anime first, you can appreciate it on it's own instead of as an adaption of the VN.

The vn first definitely.

The vn does a lot of foreshadowing throughout and also in the other routes. If you see the anime first then the ending would be spoiled and you won't be able to understand the significance of everything in the game. 

I generally only see the anime adaption as a summary of sorts for the vn. Not to mention that most of the adaptations are pretty bad.

Have heard that the first season of LB anime is pretty bad and the second season is ok/good.