Hatsukoi partial patch

In the executable the font size is controlled by two bytes, one at 858e and the other at 8590. The default is 14h (20). You will need to change both of them.

great that worked, now only thing is the space between lines (is too large). Any way to edit that?

And actually a space between letters too :o

Thanks smile.gif

hey sry i shoulda posted in this thread,

hey just heard from retrans meru is working on Hatsukoi?

ok i should blog it then

Nice!

how much of hatsukoi needs translating?

maybe i should advertise for a translator? and i can put u down as project manager

common is done (I tried even choices that led to different routes that are still not translated and they were translted, maybe few lines missing only) and then there are 2 out of 5 routes done.

I think the important routes (main gem of this game) are translated, which are the blood related Imouto and the mysterious Loli.

Then there is senpai Komomo route, classmate Karin route and a foreign dark skinned girl Coco to be translated.

so the common + 2 routes are about 67% from total ~35k lines so ~11k lines remaining.

Also I did contact Meru but didn't get a reply yet.

I think its not a priority project. And as REtrans mentioned when the project is fully done he can help further with the formating. So far I am only trying to fix some of the issues of text going partially outside of the game window with his help.

About the manager part... not sure what that role is in TLs exactly xD I mean I can't play the game as I can't read it yet and I can't really help with TL as my JP is basic so I can at max photoshop some menus if I know what to edit it as (It took me some tome to translate the menu xD)

And as it seems REtrans is the manager smile.gif But well if you want me to edit the menu then let me know. However I tried Crass to extract the images and was unsuccessful so I couldn't edit the game items. Again I have no experience with this, so far Crass worked for all games I tried.. except this xD

So I did it in mspaint in the meanwhile xD

3OagYAW.png

Two questions:

First and foremost, something has been bugging me ever since Anzu's route.. How can she be blood related to the MC if they're only one month apart in age? Is she a half sister?

If so, it could only be that way if their father had an affair (or through a previous marriage), and that doesn't seem plausible since he was so devoted/willing to mantain the marriage..

But.. Oh well, vndb tagged so, what can I do? (maybe they're wrong?)

Second: I'm at Yusumi's route and at the park scene I get this:

77clJIS.png

I'm too lazy to download the game again.. It seems to be some problem at a Excel file, and I tried looking at it so I could somehow manage to edit the text and get it working, but I couldn't find any difference from the other choices, so I gave up on that. Any ideias?

about Anzu...

I actually never thought about it xD I just know she is my cute little sister and I love her so much xD

No doubt about it, who cares if she's a test-tube baby, or an alien race whose gestation takes only one month? Imouto = Justice

(No sarcasm included xD) But anyways, since I forgot to mention, nice route. I'd say above average, considering art, plot, music and such. This has no connection whatsoever to my personal tastes and feelings >.<

while you are about music, help me find OST xD

There is this official

http://vgmdb.net/album/2673

and then the OP/ED maxi single

http://vgmdb.net/album/6931

I have the second one in 320K but I just can't find the full original soundtrack CD anywhere... I mean anywhere for free xD

If you find it let me know smile.gif

so if you want the maxi single CD, I uploaded here

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0BylWuAJokVXMcFV2T0hEV0pxaFU

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the Visual Novel, Steve! And thanks to whoever translated this, I found some errors but overall it is a good translation.

About the VN, I found the common route pretty boring, but the blood related's route was very good, liked how they dealt with incest; please let me know if there are other visual novels which deal with incest between siblings! :)/>

Thanks very much for the Visual Novel, Steve! And thanks to whoever translated this, I found some errors but overall it is a good translation.

About the VN, I found the common route pretty boring, but the blood related's route was very good, liked how they dealt with incest; please let me know if there are other visual novels which deal with incest between siblings! smile.gif/>

Hoshizora no Memoria has a good imouto route, I really loved it :)

And the rest of the game is excellent too so I can recommend that.

• 3 months later...

I just did the ghost girls route and I have to admit, it was a pretty good read and I badly needed something sweet after spending the last few days on such a downer like Aiyoku no Eustia. The story was nice and romantic with just the right amount drama. The drama wasn't so much that you feel like puking, it was just enough to make for a well rounded story.

To those of you that have the problem of the game crashing at decision #17, all you have to do is save the game before that question and put the original Japanese files back in place. Then play through question 17 and save the game. Now you can put the translated data files back and get rid of the Japanese data and your good to go.

Also one more thing, The graphics were quite good considering the game is from 2003. They have held up pretty well over time. The writing was good too, but the H-scenes were among the worst. They were not sexy or erotic at all. I don't think it's a spoiler of me to tell you what they consisted of, but if you don't want to know, don't read the rest of this post.

******* H Scene **********

There were 2 for ghost girl and I've only done one so far for the sister. But basically they went like this. No for-play, or touching or holding or anything like that. The girls didn't even take their tops off and I was so looking forward to some flat chests. The girls just pulled their panties down and bent over a wall or a tree and the guy quickly did the deed and that was it. I remember my 1st time with my 1st high school girlfriend. I wanted to see and touch everything, I would not of been happy with a quick bend over job. Matter of fact, I remember being more excited about the looking and touching than the actual deed.

Anyway, the story was good enough that the H-scenes didn't ruin it, but they were the only real low point of the game. I kind of don't get it either, If I was part of a VN making team, I would want to produce spectacular H scenes.

There you go,

Jeffrey

Hm Actually I really loved the first Anzu H scene [the one in cheerleader outfit]. Didn't play the loli ghost yet (maybe I will some day but I don't think it can top the quality of the imouto route) so can't judge those.

The foreplay was enough for me and actually I prefer little shorter scenes where it gets right to the point than having too many lines of dialogue in between.

You will probably like the second Anzu scene, that one was really good and much longer.

But for me personally the first one was the best, exactly for the outfit and for it being quickie. Also to take in consideration the "plot" of the H scene, it is understandable that it was shorter.

And about the clothes during the H scenes, it is probably the way they wanted to go. You can see a peekaboo boobie here and there so it was fine for me.

What I personally rate about H scenes is the voice and context (funny right, context of H scenes xD) - and in here the voice sounded like Anzu should have and her oniiiiiiichaaaaan was just irreplaceable experience in my life xD And what I mean context is what lines there are. I prefer the girl having most of the lines and her commenting on the feelings, over reading what the protagonist is thinking and feeling. I want to just hear the girl talk about everything and not protag describing every single thing (that also makes the scenes shorter I guess though, and that might be why I prefer shorter).

Oh also what I care about is the position and how well can I see the girl's face. What can I say, I am romantic and even in the H scenes I want to see her enjoying it face to face xD Which in the first Anzu scene, she was soooo cute that I just couldn't help it and how she was looking. It was one of the best scenes I ever played, even from all the nukiges :o (and nukiges should be the ones specialized in H scenes).

To those of you that have the problem of the game crashing at decision #17, all you have to do is save the game before that question and put the original Japanese files back in place. Then play through question 17 and save the game. Now you can put the translated data files back and get rid of the Japanese data and your good to go.
The current patch out there is not an official release, so no general support is provided, but we can still look into things on a case-by-case basis if an individual is having a particular issue.

About the translation progress, meru has become very busy with other things and can't continue, so we are looking for translator(s) for this project. We were going to sort it out and make a thread with this and several other projects that are dormant, but since the topic came up it might as well be mentioned. This being an ad-hoc mention we have no precise statistics but it's approximately 67-70% completed.

• 2 weeks later...

while you are about music, help me find OST xD

There is this official

http://vgmdb.net/album/2673

and then the OP/ED maxi single

http://vgmdb.net/album/6931

I have the second one in 320K but I just can't find the full original soundtrack CD anywhere... I mean anywhere for free xD

If you find it let me know smile.gif

so if you want the maxi single CD, I uploaded here

https://drive.google...cFV2T0hEV0pxaFU

Sorry for the wait (more like no one cares about it now). This was really hard to get as there are a number of other "Hatsukoi"s out there, but nevertheless... I failed in finding it on the net (for free). So, solution: record the OST with fraps (from the game menu), then split the video file from the audio file, then convert the .wav files into mp3 and then upload them to mediafire. That'd went without a hitch if it wasn't for fraps not recognizing hatsukoi, so it took a while until I realized it recorded the audio regardless (so i recorded whilst the browser was opened). I REALLY hope you haven't found this OST by now (even if you don't want it anymore xD), but anyways, I also did it for myself so no problems regardless. Also, notice that as I haven't finished the game for obvious reasons there are some tracks missing, presumably the one that plays at the credits of the "true ending" or whatever. Still, 17 from 20 tracks is quite good, so I'll just drop this here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ba2q9bg157l2246/Hatsukoi_OST.rar

Oh you took so much time to do this work, I maybe could have just extracted the files from the archive and get it that way xD Well thanks anyways :)

Also there is no true end so I guess its just some songs from other routes.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just downloaded Steve's version/the link he posted. i can't seem to get the game past the menu. The menu is in Japanese and the top choice is the start game button but once i click that i get brought to this screen still in Japanese where there is a box with "-<<" in it and i think i have to enter something into it but nothing works. there are two choices available (in Japanese) below the box, one resets whatever i write back to the arrows and the other takes me back to the home screen. would love to play this game but i can't seem to get started. help?

Hey guys, just downloaded Steve's version/the link he posted. i can't seem to get the game past the menu. The menu is in Japanese and the top choice is the start game button but once i click that i get brought to this screen still in Japanese where there is a box with "-<<" in it and i think i have to enter something into it but nothing works. there are two choices available (in Japanese) below the box, one resets whatever i write back to the arrows and the other takes me back to the home screen. would love to play this game but i can't seem to get started. help?

My guess is built in DRM of some sort.