VN List: Non-ero

Clephas

Ar Tonelico is out.  I've played and finished all the games in that series, and they are about as close to a VN as Persona 3 and 4... which means, they possess elements of VNs but aren't VNs themselves (the story isn't told in VN format, though the Dive system has VN elements).  I haven't played TtT2, and so I can't judge whether it is still a VN or whether it was kept on vndb solely because the first of the series was a VN (which is what I felt when looking at the screenshots from various reviews).

Phoenix Wright is universally considered to be a VN by the community, so I have no reason to object.  With X-Blaze... I honestly don't have enough info to judge properly.

Yes. After all, if it were universally so I would agree by definition. Anyway, even vndb itself only keeps it around as a "special case" because it'd be too much trouble to remove and/or it's so goddamn popular, more or less. I know other people that definitely wouldn't call it a VN either.

#beingveryserious

You might consider:

English

- Juniper's Knot (Dischan)

- Scar of the Doll (Yox-Project)

- Banshee's Last Cry (Not sure who the Original author/ group is, but it is licensed and published by Aksys Games).

- Danganronpa 2 (Spike Chunshoft)

- To the Moon (Freebird Games)

Japanese

- Bad End (Yox-Project) ( I haven't played this one since it's Japanese only, but I think it is a Non-Ero VN as well.)

All of them are iOS

Do you allow RPG-maker games as well?

- IB

- The Sandman

- Mad Father

- Misao

- The Witch House

- The Crooked Man

- Peret em Heru - For the Prisoners 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

- To the Moon (Freebird Games)

To the Moon is not a VN, there is too much gameplay elements, it looks more like JRPG without battles.

Then I would suggest Eden*. There is no ero scenes, only ero scenes is in special version Eden plus mosaic, which is not part of the game plot (sort of Plus Disc in Tsukihime).

In OELVN could be this Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade

Fun thing - there is a russian translation for Lost Christmas, but no one bothered to migrate english translation on it?

Also DS games like Hotel Dusk and Last Window. And old games like Policenauts and Snatcher. And Corpse Party BloodCovered.

Btw, there is this list of VN without sexual content: https://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tag_exc-23.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating