Fuwa Anime Club: 1st Cycle

Stray Cat

Cycle 1: Questions  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Did you watch Durarara with everyone in the first cycle?

2. 2. Would you be interested in a side project of watching another anime as it airs each season?

3. 3. Was this enough time to watch the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello all.  I am pleased to announce the start of the official Fuwa Anime Club!

anime-watching-anime.jpg

Here is a brief layout of how things are going to go:

1. Members will clearly state in their post that they wish to participate in each cycle.  Each cycle will have a theme or genre for the anime.
  2. Each participant (and only those participating in each cycle) is encouraged to put forth an anime title that they wish to watch. The recommendations can be either something you've seen or something you haven't seen yet but participants are committing to watch/re-watch the anime.  Recommendations must not be hentai and cannot be over 26 episodes in length.  Repeats are allowed.
  3. Of all the recommendations, 5 (or less depending on the number of participants) of them will be chosen by random and the participants will vote for which of the five selections the club wishes to watch. 
  4. All members will watch the selected (one with the most votes) anime over a certain period of time (1 week for 14 episodes and less, 2 weeks for 15-26 episodes)
  5. After the viewing period is over, members that participated will rate various properties of the anime (Story, Characters, Music, Art-style, Overall) on a scale of 1 to 10 as well as make a short review/comment on the show (no more than 500 characters long with spaces).
  6. The person whose anime is chosen for the cycle will be allowed to pick the next genre/theme, but it cannot be the same as the previous cycle.
  7. After the discussion period ends, the cycle will begin again at step 1.

For the first cycle, the genre will be Mystery.  If you wish to participate, please post below along with a recommendation that fits this genre.  

My choice for this round is Gosick: http://myanimelist.net/anime/8425/Gosick

First Cycle Participants:

Stray Cat

RinXD 

Asonn

Tiagofvarela

Kyoroto

Grieviious

Kurisu-Chan

SilverLi

sirjabberwock

Cyrillej1

Tenkuru

Clephas

Flutterz

First Cycle Recomendations:

Gosick

Another

Kamisama no Memochou

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Durarara!!

Kara no Kyoukai

Zankyou no Terror

Sunday Without God

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

A reminder the goal of this is to introduce people to things they haven't seen yet.

It's probably more ideal if you suggest things you haven't seen before and were thinking of watching rather than stuff you've already seen or else there's no real point.

Also people are just suggesting anime without saying if they want to participate or not. It should be the other way around :P

If you want to participate you aknowledge you're going to watch/re-watch whatever anime gets picked and then discuss it later, and only then can you make a suggestion.

A reminder the goal of this is to introduce people to things they haven't seen yet.

It's probably more ideal if you suggest things you haven't seen before and were thinking of watching rather than stuff you've already seen or else there's no real point.

Also people are just suggesting anime without saying if they want to participate or not. It should be the other way around :P

If you want to participate you aknowledge you're going to watch/re-watch whatever anime gets picked and then discuss it later, and only then can you make a suggestion.

So bothersome... 

I am interested in participating, and I have no knowledge in this genre, meaning I can't suggest anything. I could search for a potential candidate, but that takes too much effort. So I suggested the only mystery anime I knew. Am I not allowed to participate now?

So bothersome... 

I am interested in participating, and I have no knowledge in this genre, meaning I can't suggest anything. I could search for a potential candidate, but that takes too much effort. So I suggested the only mystery anime I knew. Am I not allowed to participate now?

You are, you just aknowledge that if your anime gets picked you'll end up re-watching it :P

Or you can just participate without suggesting anything.

Each participant will put forth an anime title that they wish to watch

So, do I have to, or not? And can it be a repeat?

pssst....check your messages.

Also, the rules have been updated a bit to clarify some of this confusion.  Nosebleed is also helping run this so his word is as good as mine people. 

Each participant will put forth an anime title that they wish to watch

So, do I have to, or not? And can it be a repeat?

You don't have to, it's recommended though, especially if you want to participate seriously.

Anyway, yes it can be a repeat, it's boring if everyone just suggests stuff they've already seen but if you want to go down that path you're free to do so :P

My vision for this anime club was just a way to get people to find new anime, maybe new tastes and just overall promote communication between anime fans.

I can't possibly participate in this first cycle but I'm just gonna be talking to myself and mention that Kara no Kyoukai qualifies to the mystery genre (and has approximately the length of a 2-cour show) :ph34r:

See you next cycle.

Also can I be that guy arguing that rating the separate components (story, music, stuff) of an anime doesn't really make sense?

I can't possibly participate in this first cycle but I'm just gonna be talking to myself and mention that Kara no Kyoukai qualifies to the mystery genre (and has approximately the length of a 2-cour show) :ph34r:

See you next cycle.

Also can I be that guy arguing that rating the separate components (story, music, stuff) of an anime doesn't really make sense?

Yes, mysterious voices in the wind, you can. 

Also are we watching strictly dub or sub cause some of the dubs are horrible

I figured I'd leave it up to the individual, but most people will probably be doing subbed.