AstralAir no Shiroki Towa Partial Patch Released

Nosebleed

I didn't even know someone was making this but it's true.

This partial patch translates the common route only, the guy said he's hoping to release the 1st route in about 40 days.

From what I can tell and from the description it's an amateur translation (whatever that entails) so don't expect anything of superb quality I guess?

The guy's English doesn't seem to be the greatest (he mentions it's not his first language) so I don't know what to expect but I might as well make a thread if anyone's interested.

I think it'd be helpful if someone helped him out as well, particularly with TLC and editing.

You can download the patch at: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/433753-FAVORITE-140725-%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A8%E3%82%A2%E3%81%AE%E7%99%BD%E3%81%8D%E6%B0%B8%E9%81%A0-AstralAir-no-Shiroki-Towa-English-Patch

Thoughts?

This translation patch has Flyable Heart quality level.

Skip.

Well that much was expected I guess.

Still think that it's better than having no project at all and it definintely raises awareness if someone wants to help TLC and Edit the thing to be readable.

Although if it is 100% machine translated then it might not be worth all the effort (Since the TLC would basically become TL) I don't know.

The response to the PM, I think I'm going to shy away from this one.

Hello
First, I'm glad when someone interested in my project. As I said, I'll accept any help. So if you want to help me edit this project, I'm welcome.
I'm not so good at English. All translate I do in this project is using translator and sometime the context. It's better if someone use native English 
Before you have any question, let me say this first.
1. I'm busy, I don't have much time for this project. If you guy can do the editor work, so I can have many time for translate work, that's great. But still, I can only do about 200~300 line a day.
2. I do translator work by using in-game milestone, which mean I separate this to many small part, each part content a day in game. So, someday it have just 300~400 line, some has 3000~5000 line. If you want to cooperate, I will send you by this milestone.Or if you have any better idea, please discuss with me.
3. I also have a plan to do this in order, also have a deadline for each. which mean, no matter you done your editor or not, I still release the patch when I complete my translator job ( edited patch will come later when it done). I'll notice you when I almost finish, so we can consider to wait editor work or just release patch first.
4. I'll skip translate H- scene , leave all of them to the last. After all, I don't know much about this *part* in English, so I hope you can help me translate this.
5. If someday I have work or business or something else make me unable to continue this, I hope you guys can do the rest, finish this for me . Just in case.

6. For all issue I have until now, it's better to solve it, but I want you consider that is the less important part, only do that after everything translate done.

If you agree this all with me, I'm please to share my work with you.
Please let me know your opinion. I hope we can cooperate to finish this project
My best regard!

While i feel he has good intentions (i read previous posts of his and he came off as a genuinely nice person trying to do something) it's clear this is way out of his league and he needs an entire translation team if he wants to get anything done properly (i'm unsure if he understands what proper means).

His English is pretty bad and he probably doesn't notice it himself which leads to this situation.

From what I can tell he is using a machine translation too so it's hard to salvage these scripts (if even possible).

I think re-doing the whole thing would likely be better than the path he's going down now.

What a shame.

Two hundred lines isn't hard... two hours of work for a decent translator.  The problem is finding those two hours if you aren't on vacation or unemployed, lol.

Edit:  Also, giving up those two hours when you could be spending them on playing VNs yourself is kind of hard, a real sacrifice.

• 4 years later...
5 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

Not to revive the dead but.... The common route has been edited as is readable now. The occasional grammar mistake is still there but at least it's not bleaching your eyes. Routes are not edited yet so I'll still hold off on those

At the end of the day, it's still an edited MTL, right?

2 hours ago, Incynerate said:

At the end of the day, it's still an edited MTL, right?

Unfortunately so. From what I'm reading now it's still better to wait for a real TL imo.

It's still unnatural and incorrect in some places.

Just thought I'd like to say it's not a 0/10 anymore. More like a 4/10. 

Also I'm very impressed by this guy. Doing this for so long and while it might be meaningless in terms of the translation it does impress me with his effort.

Might need a bit more work though...... 

My face is tired 2.0
5QMpkmR.png

Edited by iamnoob

• 4 years later...
15 minutes ago, henosaji said:

any download link? the old one doesn't work

Sorry, but I think this might be lost media. There's a wayback archived link on VNDB (tagged as machine translation btw) but you get errors when you wanna try any of the mega links.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160416183315/http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/433753-FAVORITE-140725-アストラエアの白き永遠-AstralAir-no-Shiroki-Towa-English-Patch

• 2 weeks later...

I did try the patch, and well it crash at the scene with the white hair girl (Yuuki) at the bridge. While I can try to play it with the patch, seeing the crash make me decided to just wait for the eventual English translation, which as you can see still not happening until now thanks to a bunch of issue (Nitta Emi scandal, the translation group become Nekonyan, the wait for Irotoridori engine). So yeah, seeing that the patch is now unavailable, the only choice is being very patient to wait until Nekonyan eventually announce and release this.

Edited by littleshogun

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I did try the patch, and well it crash at the scene with the white hair girl (Yuuki) at the bridge. While I can try to play it with the patch, seeing the crash make me decided to just wait for the eventual English translation, which as you can see still not happening until now thanks to a bunch of issue (Nitta Emi scandal, the translation group become Nekonyan, the wait for Irotoridori engine). So yeah, seeing that the patch is now unavailable, the only choice is being very patient to wait until Nekonyan eventually announce and release this.

It crashes because you are not playing on a Japanese system. I ran into this issue with all untranslated Favorite games I played. You need a Locale Emulator to run it in Japanese. Just switching to Japanese Locale in windows does not work. My guess is, they did not add a fix for this in the patch and just slapped the English scripts into it.

For the info, I always set the language for non-Unicode program in Japan seeing that several fan translated VNs did require that to run the VN, and of course I already set that by the time I tried this. I also remember that I already set the language in time and date into Japanese, because Favorite VNs are have weird regional lock like that seeing that I need to do that in order to run Irotoridori (Older Favorite VN).

PS - Perhaps it might be true that the translator just slapped the text into the patch without checking it, seeing that after Yuuki scene it's always crash whenever it tried to load her voice. Granted that I can always turn off her voice to bypass the crash, but it would be feel weird.