Parasyte the Maxim Series discussion

RinXD

The anime is nice. The schoolgirls are annoying, though. I couldn't care less about any them... I get that most of them are relevant because of character dynamics, but they could just leave the romance behind and have them not appear at all. Would make things better. 

Still, the anime is nice. 

I should have started this discussion... :P

But the dubstep/techno (whatever you want to call that sad excuse for music) is ruining all of the fight scenes for me

I can't recall hearing that music in the background recently, only remember it being in the first few episodes (or maybe I just started tuning it out, who knows?)

I can't recall hearing that music in the background recently, only remember it being in the first few episodes (or maybe I just started tuning it out, who knows?)

I just started watching this on the side, only have seen 5 episodes so far. I really hope that they cut the shit with the music though. Your post gives me hope~

Great series. I'm tempted to read the manga as waiting for a new episode each week is becoming almost unbearable.

I really hope that they cut the shit with the music though.

The certainly did go with an odd choice for music, especially for the action scenes where they play what sounds like dubstep/drumstep.

Personally, I really like it.

• 1 month later...

This is one of the very very few anime where the character is actually very well developed, for an anime this is pretty amazing and rare, I didn't read the manga and im glad because I wouldn't be watching the anime if i did, I'm kind of intriged if it's actually as good as the manga itself, like for example claymore (leaving out that ending..) or berserk even if it were just a few vol from the manga and all the gore was taken out

I've been reading the manga at the same time as the anime so I could try and compare it, and the anime so far is a pretty faithful (albeit slightly modernized) adaptation. I won't let myself go any further than what the anime has covered, though, as I don't want to ruin any plot twists for myself.

I really like this one, even after they 

Killed off my favorite chara, kanaaaa!

Each time, I want to see how far they're willing to take this, the deconstruction of the protagonist's psyche is just so gripping. You'd find yourself wondering what he's fighting for at this point, but still, the plot never disappoints.
The battle mechanics are also nothing like i've ever seen...
Seriously though, has anyone found out why the parasites make that sound while moving their blades? Pssssiiiiiiih, psuuumm.

I really like this one, even after they 

Killed off my favorite chara, kanaaaa!

Each time, I want to see how far they're willing to take this, the deconstruction of the protagonist's psyche is just so gripping. You'd find yourself wondering what he's fighting for at this point, but still, the plot never disappoints.

The battle mechanics are also nothing like i've ever seen...

Seriously though, has anyone found out why the parasites make that sound while moving their blades? Pssssiiiiiiih, psuuumm.

I agree with all of this, especially with Kana.  I prefer her over the other girl, Murano? I don't even bother with remembering her name, too annoying. 

Finished Ep.18 of Parasyte. Looks like Tamiya Ryouko managed to become a bit more human before her demise. She even admits that the parasites don't need to feed off of humans in order to survive. Maybe they can survive off of twinkies or something... Anyway, it seems the police detained someone like Kana who is able to tell when a parasite is nearby through that strange signal they emit. Things are not looking good for Shinichi. I hope Migi falls asleep and that guy can't sense anything, even though that's kind of a stretch.

So I was reading the manga and I can say for sure that the anime it's better in any way, the characters looks way better, in the anime they look very generic.

Most important, the story is the same and it's being followed very close, amazing job from madhouse, the part where Shinichi cries for the first time it's done way better in the anime.

Just a few more episodes left, can't wait to see the ending :D

Finished Ep.18 of Parasyte. Looks like Tamiya Ryouko managed to become a bit more human before her demise. She even admits that the parasites don't need to feed off of humans in order to survive. Maybe they can survive off of twinkies or something... Anyway, it seems the police detained someone like Kana who is able to tell when a parasite is nearby through that strange signal they emit. Things are not looking good for Shinichi. I hope Migi falls asleep and that guy can't sense anything, even though that's kind of a stretch.

Even if migi falls asleep it's the same, he is technically a parasite now, so there is no way to fool the people who have the powers to sense them (like kana for example)