Problem Running DRAMAtical Murder

Shrignold

Hi guys, this is my first post on this site, but I've used it for a while. However, I downloaded DRAMAtical Murder (From Fuwanovel) and tried to run it. I've run all the extra files, tried the crack and ordinary version, all to no avail. My exact problem is that the game itself runs, and I can hear the BGM on the menu screen. I can swipe my mouse over where the options should be and hear the sound effects, and I even started the game and the sound worked fine, but with just a black screen.

Some context here: I'm running a crappy ASUS netbook with 4GB RAM, Unknown graphics card, and Lubuntu OS with Wine. I don't know if it's a DirectX thing, as I have no idea how to update it :)

I know it's not an issue with the RAM, because the sound plays perfectly. It's probably not an issue with the graphics card, because the Japanese warning messages initially came up fine. I've changed my system locale. and tried every known fix on Earth.

If anyone here could help me or at least tell me what the problem is, I would be hugely grateful. This problem's been annoying me for MONTHS now.

PS: If it helps, the laptop I use is an ASUS Eee PC 1000HD, with an Intel GMA 950 Graphics Card, and I'm running Lubuntu 32-bit with Wine.

I'm not even sure the game is compatible with Lubuntu, but I honestly do not know.

From the website:

When I start the game, the black screen comes up, but then either a) the game closes or B) the black screen is endless.

Usually, this is the result of not completing the step of changing your locale into Japanese. However, I have also seen many instances where the locale has been changed and this error still occurs; in this case, try the following: 

- Set your locale back to English, restart, then change to Japanese and restart again. Run the game to see if the issue is fixed. Thanks to charaevia for this fix!

- Install AppLocale from Microsoft and try running the game through this instead.

Thanks Ryechu, I haven't seen any of those fixes around before. If you happen to find anything else on the topic, please let me know. I'm just in the process of redownloading, which with my broadband won't be done til tomorrow at best (Yay 100Kb/s down speed!) but I'll update the topic when I get more info. Thanks again for replying and helping.