Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete Translation Project

Crysis99

Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete

waremete-header.png

From VNDB:

Spoiler

Uchihama Gakuen has seen an increase in enrollment in recent years and as a result, a new school building will be constructed. The story takes place during the final school festival in the old school. All the club leaders decide to give it their all to make this the best school festival. Sou is a member of the notorious astronomy club, which basically solves the various issues in the student council's place.
On one day, he stays in the school late at evening because he got slightly injured by the judo club and is healing his wounds in the infirmary. Suddenly, the building shakes. Shocked, he runs up the stairs to where the shaking seems to have centered, and there he encounters a mysterious naked girl, whom at first appears to know him. On the next day this girl, Yui, seeks out the astronomy club, expressing her desire to join.

Team Members:

Project Lead: Crysis99

Editors: Fred the Barber, Einstein9029

Translator: Crysis99, Sugiken

Technical Lead: Niconiconi

TLC: Dergonu

Progress:

Visit our automatically updated progress tracker over here!

Also, do follow the Luna Translations website for any news and updates.

FAQ:

Are you still going to release a partial patch?

Spoiler

Unfortunately, due to technical constraints (i.e. the engine isn't able to properly format some text) as well as other pressing issues, we are unable to provide a partial patch for anyone. However, this does not seem to be the case with the trial and there is a possibility we might release an English patch for the trial.

Will you guys be doing the H-scenes?

Spoiler

As mentioned before in one of Aizen's posts on the Luna Translations website, we do now currently have the manpower necessary to carry out the translations for the H-scenes, and as such will be covered in our translation.

What's this about a re-translation?

Spoiler

Due to the quality of the earlier Airi scripts being not up to par, a re-translation will be done to ensure that the quality will be on par with the rest of the translation. We apologize for this setback but it is necessary to give you the best translation we can.

What's the ETA for release?

Spoiler

Well, it is a relatively large game, so to make sure that we don't disappoint anyone with a date let's go with a tentative 5 years I suppose? Jokes aside we currently do not have an ETA, especially with the re-translation that we have to do.

If you have any queries, clarifications, or any words of encouragement feel free to leave a post or contact us.

Oh astro, I would've helped you translate this visual novel since it's one of my favorites, but I can't really do it now since I'm already taking a different project.
I will help if you guys are not dead by the time I finish Ao no Kanata.

But I will say this here again, it's a really, really bad idea to have so many translators in one project.

Oh axtro, I would've helped you translate this visual novel since it's one of my favorites, but I can't really do it now since I'm already taking a different project.

I will help if you guys are not dead by the time I finish Ao no Kanata.

But I will say this here again, it's a really, really bad idea to have so many translators in one project.

I'll only put as much 3 translators because I'm thinking of doing just hack. 

Does this VN not have a common route?

The scenario is divided by routes.

something like this

http://puu.sh/doISZ/efd0a8ee00.png

Hooray! We've been moved to Ongoing Projects!

I guess at least a screenshot is in order to show that we acfually have something done. Here you go.http://i.imgur.com/an41WfDl.jpg

I'll also take this chance to say that though we have more than enough editors, we are still lacking in Translators and TLCs. I'd appreciate it if some brave souls who are free to step up. Thanks all.

I understand that this is unedited raw translation, but even still that is very concerning. I can't even understand what the second sentence in the second screenshot is trying to say, is that a mistranslation? I'm worried about your ability to recruit if editors are basically going to have to rewrite every line from scratch, and if TLCers are going to have to retranslate every line. I'd like to see an english translation of this game, but I don't think I'd like to see it like this. Wouldn't it be better if your translator simply translated it to their native language instead?

Guest Façade

1. "Why an ally is watching my underwear?"

> "Why is an ally watching my underwear?"

> "Why is _____ watching my underwear?"

> "Why is an ally looking at my underwear?"

> "Why is an ally ________ at my underwear?"

> "Why is ______ ________ my underwear?"

The most disconcerting problem here is the obscure nature of the noun and verb in question, which probably lost their meaning from being translated from Japanese to Spanish then to English. It is a commonly known fact that "watch" and "look" have subtle differences in Japanese and Spanish, after all.

2. "No, I wasn't watching the underwear. What I was staring was the meat--" 

> "No, I wasn't staring at the underwear. What I was staring at was the meat--"

> "No, I wasn't __________ the underwear. What I was staring at was the meat--"

> "No, I wasn't staring at the underwear. What I was staring at was the skin--"

> "No, I wasn't staring at the underwear. What I was staring at was the ______--"

Same issue, but on a much...more disturbing level, if you will. "Skin" and "meat" have two completely different connotations to begin with, and if used correctly, can invoke quite a deal of gore or laughter depending on the situation. Same applies to watching vs. staring--"watching underwear" sounds very awkward and unusual especially with regards to diction, but then again, its meaning (and the skin/meat meaning) was probably lost between the three languages.

I...usually don't take the time to write this, but the translation here was just too....erm...... __________ to just pass by. I sincerely hope you get an editor sometime soon, or you might produce a rather undesirably hilarious translation......

In the script, Sou was comparing Airi's pussy with meat.

He said clearly "Niku"

「いや、パンツじゃなくてな。
 俺はその内側に閉じ込められた肉をだな――」

肉 = niku = meat

Previously he said: 
...Hm? Oh, wait!
The term "meat" is not quite right.
;;――ん? おっ、いいな!
;;『肉』という表現はなかなか悪くない。

#Page-Id: 9
Although the texture is similar.
I feel that you can express like as such.
;;具体的でありながら、大切な質感を上手いこと
;;物体として表現出来ている気がする。

#Page-Id: 10
For example... those wrinkles,
They're almost like the meat.
;;たとえ……このシワが、
;;あの肉を緻密になぞってなくてもだ。

But if you are still not conviced, recently, I have a new translator that would be substituting me

In the script, Sou was comparing Airi's pussy with meat.

He said clearly "Niku"

「いや、パンツじゃなくてな。
 俺はその内側に閉じ込められた肉をだな――」

肉 = niku = meat

Previously he said: 
...Hm? Oh, wait!
The term "meat" is not quite right.
;;――ん? おっ、いいな!
;;『肉』という表現はなかなか悪くない。

#Page-Id: 9
Although the texture is similar.
I feel that you can express like as such.
;;具体的でありながら、大切な質感を上手いこと
;;物体として表現出来ている気がする。

#Page-Id: 10
For example... those wrinkles,
They're almost like the meat.
;;たとえ……このシワが、
;;あの肉を緻密になぞってなくてもだ。

But if you are still not conviced, recently, I have a new translator that would be substituting me

Axtro you have a very poor English level and you don't even know Japanese, what were you trying to do?

I dare say, trying to raise interest in the project would be a good guess!

By all means, they are trying to get translators. For lack of a better option, they at least try to do something and show their dedication. 

I'm completely in agreement when one says that translation quality is necessary. Yet I see the effort and dedication put here as a good thing (assuming, that is, that they give way to a better translator should one come).

Either way, I also think the translation in these screenshots is less than stellar, and I don't even know Japanese. That's not exactly a good signal. 

At least try to fool us into thinking you all know what you're doing  :wafuu:

(Don't think of my opinion highly, I'm simply an English scrub who can't use moonspeak)