Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete Translation Project

Crysis99

I dare say, trying to raise interest in the project would be a good guess!

By all means, they are trying to get translators. For lack of a better option, they at least try to do something and show their dedication. 

I'm completely in agreement when one says that translation quality is necessary. Yet I see the effort and dedication put here as a good thing (assuming, that is, that they give way to a better translator should one come).

Either way, I also think the translation in these screenshots is less than stellar, and I don't even know Japanese. That's not exactly a good signal. 

At least try to fool us into thinking you all know what you're doing  :wafuu:

(Don't think of my opinion highly, I'm simply an English scrub who can't use moonspeak)

Trust me, I'm not picky at all when it comes to translations. It is always a very bad idea when someone tries to compare a translation with their own or/and try to spot what is wrong and what isn't, but it's a whole different thing if the translation is just plain wrong.

That being said, I also think they are doing an awesome work and I appreciate their dedication, otherwise I wouldn't even be bothered to post here. (And I don't even post at all anyway)

Hmm... That was a small mess. Well if anything it was a testament to how desperately this project needs a translator. Anywho, if you've noticed, the project has currently stalled for a while now, but progress should be made in a week or two. (Well at least for my side, which is Airi's route)

P.S. If you're an image editor and you're free, kindly PM me.

Sorry if I'm wrong.. it doesn't look like the meaning is totally incorrect, but just doesn't make sense in English. Probably something more like this?

Airi: "Why are you staring at my underwear?"

Sou: "No, not your underwear. I was staring at what's behind/inside it, your mea--"

--Nnm? Oh that's a good one!

Calling it [Meat] wouldn't be that bad.

(or maybe [Meat] could be translated more liberally, not sure)

I think it's better to translate it in a way that readers will understand better than try and focus to translate it by the book with the exact english meaning of the word Like I wasn't staring at your underwear i was staring at your "entrance" or at the "line" that is shown underneath it or something if you don't want to write too vulgar lol

Uniformalist translators tend to make mistakes because they seem to forget about context or disregard it entirely.

It's essentially too literal a translation and losing context tuns it into something comical at best and horrid at worst.

Japanese lack several expressions that are widely used such as "going hungry" they actually say something like

"my belly is empty" so instead of translating it literally you actually have to find a proper equivalent regardless of

how precise you want to be with the japanese idioms. In this case you always have to say "I'm hungry" or "I'm starving"
And in the case of the "meat" line, you have to make a compromise and say something else as to not break flow
or make it sound weird, for example "I wasn't looking at your underwear. I was admiring the movement of your hips"

Just an idea.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still looking for a TLer? What else can we do to help?

Well... Currently we already have an active translator, so the only thing missing is a TLC with decent Japanese, and perhaps an image editor. An image editor would be nice... Oh and we already have one editor on board, though one more will be welcome as an editor.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... Currently we already have an active translator, so the only thing missing is a TLC with decent Japanese, and perhaps an image editor. An image editor would be nice... Oh and we already have one editor on board, though one more will be welcome as an editor.

Still need an image editor? I tried PMing you guys months ago but no reply.

• 3 weeks later...