Fire Emblem Awakening

jeffhwang

I do have the game. I've only done a few missions as of yet, but it is very enjoyable. So far I have no complaints about it.. Although the permanent death setting is pressuring to consider every move carefully. It's an interesting feature that I have not played with before and I'm determined to beat the game without resetting myself. I'll try to go straight through it.

Yes, I have a 3DS XL and the game. Have I played it? No.

"WHY!?!?" you ask?

Because in a bizarre turn of events, my wife LOOOVES it and steals it. : ) Are you having fun with it?

LOL it really is a great game your wife has good taste haha and YES ive been playing it nonstop for like the past 3 days since i got it everywhere i go people see me with my ds haha even during class -____- i think im addicted but Fire emblem has been the main reason for me not watching anime or me playing LB recently it takes so long to get everything you want

I do have the game. I've only done a few missions as of yet, but it is very enjoyable. So far I have no complaints about it.. Although the permanent death setting is pressuring to consider every move carefully. It's an interesting feature that I have not played with before and I'm determined to beat the game without resetting myself. I'll try to go straight through it.

im on ch 17 currently and im grinding so much to get the support classes up a little bit of advice DONT USE FREDERICK he will suck up all of your exp once you get enough switch him out also did you get any of the dlc's you should try them theyre pretty funny haha do the paralogue chs in the beginning too you get some interesting things from them

I've heard some really excellent things about this game, and it's pretty much the 3DS' killer app for me. I'll admit that I'm interested in all the shipping possibilities, heh, but I've also liked FE for quite a while now, and seeing a new game that improves on areas that I always felt were bad in the previous installments (rather sucky art, no time for grinding, etc.) really got me excited.

Hey Im back so i havent been on fuwanovel in a lonnng time but mostly cause ive been super addicted to fire emblem awakening now that some time has passed since i started this topic what does everyone think? TBH its the first fire emblem i played but i love it haha if anyone wants to add my friend code for 3ds pm me and ill gladly send it over

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i have a 3ds xl and i have this game, its really enjoyable game for a srpg (even though a i already played fire emblem titles before and other srpg series), i recommend it for newcomers or even not into srpg types, best 3ds rpg exclusive so far. :)

All of you are making me so jealous. D: I'm a huge fire emblem fan and would love to play this one. My main problem is that I can't really afford to cough up the money for a 3ds and the game. Well I've occupied myself with other games for the time being to fill in the void. Anyway, for any of you who recognize the character in my Avatar, (Lord Eltshan from Fire Emblem 4) I have nothing but compliments to say of you. By the way for all you Fire Emblem fans that haven't played 4, I highly recommend you do. You can patch the rom in English and play the game on Emulator. Fire Emblem 4 is widely believed to be the the best in the series by fans, and I would have to agree. Here is a really great review of it for those who are interested.

• 2 years later...

I've played this game too many times to count. I went with Tharja and MC the first time I played but it's fun matching up all the characters and seeing their reactions to one another. The game was quite fun and I'm looking forward to Fire Emblem Fates (all 3 of them?) even if I'm quite worried about whether too much of it will be changed from the original Japanese release. Fire Emblem Fates is expected for release sometime in 2016 and I fully expect it to be the last Nintendo game I buy for quite some time depending on how they bother releasing it.

I've only finished the game recently and it was very great in every aspect: story, gameplay, graphics, soundtracks, replay, and more. Downloadable chapters are great for training some characters I haven't used well. The dialouges are very funny, too. The only reason why I can't play it regularly because my sister took it after she finds out how great the game is through the internet. Since she owns the console and I own the game, I let it slide, but she used the 2 remaining save slots for herself. T_T

Well, let's get hyped for Fire Emblem Fates next year! Wonder who will be my wife in that game...

• 4 months later...

I decided to replay Awakening out of impatience for Fates. Not going to get too far but maybe I'll try some completely different pairings and see what that gives me. As I mentioned looking forward to Fates even if I am a tad annoyed by some of the decisions 

Cons

- no dual audio

- no touching simulator (which admittedly was kinda creepy to begin with so not sure if this is a con or not outside of disliking censorship)

- Amiibos - I feel as if this is one of the worst gimmiks ever. Locking characters to bloody amiibos annoys me.

- 3 Games instead of 1 (could potentially be a Pro if all the games are significantly different)

- Map Pack DLC (I hate when certain types of dlc are made lvl up, class and character dlc is just wrong in my opinion and should have been included in the game to begin with)

- Had to buy a new memory card since the games are too big for my 2 GB sandisk card

- Not yet February 19th

- Potential other censorship or cutting (nothing revealed yet but I'm sure something else will come to light here's hoping it just isn't a huge deal)

- Fanbase is split on supporting it (even if we don't care for the removal of some features by not supporting it no future games will get made...although I think it sold well in Japan so it might just be no localizations)

- they've changed the controversial scene which is admittedly controversial (not really concerned about this one mind)

- Name changes are rather dumb for some of the characters

- Limited Collector's Edition sold out within days of announcement

- Some of the English voice actors seem meh (although some could argue that gives them character)

All of these things said mind you I am still quite looking forward to playing these games and won't let a few minor issues I've had since it was announced bother me from enjoying them when they eventually release.

Back to Fire Emblem Awakening though I just realized I hadn't completed the dlc and decided to try playing it only to get my ass handed to me...I don't remember how to play after not playing for so damn long. It's why I decided to just start over.

So what is everyone's favorite male and female character in the game and then what are your least favorite characters in the game. I'll let you know after I play through the bloody thing again. I used to really like Tharja and Batman but who knows if that's changed since the last time I played the game.

What possible reason could they have for removing the Japanese audio option? It just seem shady as fuck when they refuse to comment on it. I suppose it doesn't really matter considering I have already decided to spend the little money I have on Beat Blades Haruka instead. That's right Nintendo, you lost to Alicesoft. 

44 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

What possible reason could they have for removing the Japanese audio option? It just seem shady as fuck when they refuse to comment on it. I suppose it doesn't really matter considering I have already decided to spend the little money I have on Beat Blades Haruka instead. That's right Nintendo, you lost to Alicesoft. 

Fire Emblem Fates actually has a song in the game by a music artist and from what I've heard the issues were possibly with the Japanese RIAA (the music industry) which is ridiculously strict on these things...you can see this being a huge issue especially if you look the recent blocking and copyright attacks on youtube of japanese songs. If Nintendo wanted people to play their games at all removing that is kinda  necessary. While some may argue they could have just removed the song part of the issue was also likely the licensing fees for voice actors in Japan and it is also cheaper to simply ignore them. I'm not sure how accurate the idea of a voice acting mafia is but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Admittedly we could potentially see the japanese audio as later dlc (song removed) and perhaps it was only removed to make it so that people who bought the original 3DS could still play the games. I imagine having both an english and a japanese audio set would make the game bigger (no idea) and since the early 3DS memory cards were only 2 GB it's possible they were keeping this in mind. I think it is more likely though something to do with the music and voice acting though. Now that was just giving excuses it's also quite possible they didn't want to pay the licensing fees and decided to be lazy and cheap about it. Honestly hard to say and them not saying anything about this (and not saying anything about any of the other issues) is also shady business which is why I would not be surprised at all if there isn't more.

To be fair Alicesoft has some decent gameplay games not sure about BBH but eh whatever.