Recommendation for Tablet to play VNs

eclipsezero

Thank you for the help and i am seriously thinking of buying Dell Venue 8 pro 8(cruchytaco recomm)

I am not really a hardcore gamer the game I usually play is VN League Heartstone and Tera... so I am guessing I won't have problem running those games wth Dell Venue 8 pro 8

( I know tera might be too much even my laptop can't run it well I ply tera with 30 fps and lowest graphic setting on my laptop)

and also is it 64GB with the micro SD or without the micro SD and is there way to increase it?

Thank you for the help and i am seriously thinking of buying Dell Venue 8 pro 8(cruchytaco recomm)

I am not really a hardcore gamer the game I usually play is VN League Heartstone and Tera... so I am guessing I won't have problem running those games wth Dell Venue 8 pro 8

( I know tera might be too much even my laptop can't run it well I ply tera with 30 fps and lowest graphic setting on my laptop)

I only recommend the Dell Venue 8 for VNs and note taking for school. A separate keyboard is available for purchase if you want to do heavier work. The model I recommended you comes with a 64gb storage space (the exact amount is less than that, closer to 49gb and 35gb after Windows 8 is installed.) The micro Sd comes separate. 

I have an Asus T100TAM tablet my self. Because I only run VNs on it and take notes, it has sort of been wasted on me. But at the time I was able to purchase it for $209, bought a couple more and sold them for a higher price, I didn't feel like it mattered. 

What I don't like about it is that at 11in, 2.0 lb it is a bit too bulky and heavy to bring around for reading VNs. I can't stand in a hallway and comfortably read a VN like I can a kindle. I can't slip it in and out of my sweater pocket or pant pockets. I always have to have it in my bag, and the bag is too big to sit on my lap in the car. I have to use my phone if I want to read any novels. It comes with a keyboard that I never use. Besides a bigger screen, a slightly faster processor, and keyboard that comes standard, there isn't much of an improvement over a dell venue 8 pro.

I think that a dell venue pro at 8 in and 1lb is a lot more convenient and tidy for my needs. It will last me a long time because VNs don't get major graphical updates every year. Also with the next generation of tablets running windows 10, it is not an improvement. Windows 10 is geared towards desktop users and is a step backwards for tablets.

I don't think it runs games like League very well. You'd be had press to see it on the screen or click on unit.

The stream 7 is surprisingly fast for its built according to a lot of reviews. I would invest in a fast micro sdxc 64gb since you can transfer those. At 99 though I wouldnt get it. I've seen it on sale for 69 this year. But it doesn't hurt to buy it at your local store and try it out. If you don't like it return it. In fact do this with all the tablets.

Just wait until christmas or near. I guarantee the prices will drop and all of these.

I know 1gb doesn't sound like a lot but on an HP 7 it runs quite smooth. As long as it's running VNs only it should be fine. Theres a guy who runs a GameCube emulator on it on youtube.

I just wouldn't buy it at that price.

Speaking of testing out tablets, here's one that I overlooked awhile back because it was a generic device with no brand. The specs are on par with a dell venue 8 pro (32gb version) but a lot cheaper. It has almost 5 stars on amazon, which is pretty amazing for a win tablet.

This link is in store pick up only (unfortunate if you don't have a micro center nearby.) Look around and try to get it at this price if you can.

WinBook TW801 8" Tablet for $139.99 @ Microcenter in-store

http://www.microcenter.com/product/437499/TW801_Tablet_-_Black

I might pick one or two up myself this holiday.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a more expensive version of a winbook tw801 which is a good generic brand tablet.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/437499/TW801_Tablet_-_Black

Another member bought this and it was is running VNs on it pretty smoothly. 

*It has 32gb less but it's cheaper to buy a removable storage unit like a micro sd.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok after using the tablet for few months here is what I think of it

It's a great tablet for it's price and I was able to run any VN without any lag or game issues, but I had a problem with tablet getting too hot... the tablet get's sooo hot you can't hold on to it without the cover and I had to use my touch pen to use the screen because it was too hot for me and t takes about 5~10 minutes to cool it down. Also I sometimes had a problem with the screen shaking for no reason but I was able to fix it by restarting the tablet.

I did try to do some drawing with the tablet.. you can try to draw, but I recommend getting a actual drawing tablet because the touch is kind of weird on the top and the bottom part of the screen. Touch works but you gotta press it multiple times to make it work and that ruins the drawing, and same thing goes for photoshoping

I would recommend it if you don't have a lots of money to spend but If you do have the money get something better like ASUS Transformer Book lol

Oh yeah here are the games I played using the winbook tw801

Nekopara

If my heart had wings

Grisaia no kajitsu

I had 0 problem running the game

That's really a shame about the heating issue. Have you tried chatting to customer service to see if it's an issue that can be resolved?

I know once you buy bigger you won't be able to stop. I had a transformer, but I sold that for a Dell Venue pro 11 recently. I just had a lot of spare cash around to throw. I've had so much issues with this new tablet, I had to send it in for repairs. Now that I have it again, I had to call customer service again to get the touch screen issue resolved.

In a year when I do some traveling, I might get a Microsoft Surface (4,5 or whatever they have by then). My wants are a little beyond VN.

I'm honestly looking to get a good 7 or 8 inch tablet for VN reading still. Just something on the side.