Recommendation for Tablet to play VNs

eclipsezero

For Americans

Just this saw this AD for an Asus T100TAM at Staples

Valid in U.S. stores only.

Expires November 25, 2014 $100 off

select tablets regularly priced $399 and above.

ASUS, T100TAM-C12-GR, 10.1" Detachable Laptop, 2GB Memory, 64GB Storage, Intel Atom, Touchscreen Reg : $449.99 Save: - $100.00

$349.99*

Each

*Price after savings

Amazon Price

ASUS Transformer Book 10.1" T100TAM-C1-GM Detachable 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop, 64GB (GREY METAL)

by Asus

198 customer reviews

| 35 answered questions

List Price: $399.00 Price: $309.00 Free Shipping for Prime Members You Save: $90.00 (23%)

In Stock.

With the price match and coupon, you can get it down to 209 pre-tax.

A pretty freaken sweet deal for one of these babies. These are the NEW TAM models (not to be confused with the TA models.) I'm hittin' all the staples stores tomorrow and stocking up on these. I'm trying one out right now and I love the quality and speed it brings. Playing any VNs is a breeze on it. What's so great about it is that it comes bundled with a detachable keyboard and office 365 (You can sell it for 60 dollars online). The visuals IMO are superior to any tablets in its price range and below. Get it while supplies last and then sell it for $400 each I say. You could buy a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with that money :D.

I'm so pissed I didn't see these ads until the stores closed and I got home pretty early from work today. I hope they don't all sell out tomorrow. I'm just letting you Fuwa's know!

Question for everyone...I'm looking at buying a tablet, since reading on a phone is too uncomfortable. Ideally, I would like a tablet good for reading (digital books, manga, etc.) but also be able to play visual novels well. My main issue is that I'm torn between iOS and Android. I currently own only Apple devices, which is why I'm inclined to get something like an iPad mini or Air - but I also know that I wouldn't be able to use VNDS or emulators. Never had an Android device before, so anything you can tell me about your experience playing VN's on them is helpful.

Any ideas about which is a better buy? I'm curious what other people use..

I use an Android tablet, it's quite satisfying for all your manga purposes (I use it mostly for manga) as well as reading other kinds of books.

As far as VNs it's not exactly the best choice, as Vokoca is saying you're better off getting a Win8 tablet if you really want a vast range of VNs to play on your tablet.

My VN experiences with my tablet were mostly with PPSSPP so not exactly the tablet itself but an emulator but I know you can use VNDS on Android as well I just never bothered trying to set it up.

Overall, for this kind of stuff, the more open source the better, so I'd go with Win8 if you're dead set on reading VNs, if you don't want as many VNs as you want manga then go with Android.

Windows 8.1 tablet hands down. There's nothing better than being able to torrent and directly download anything (from a wide variety of sources to choose from) to your tablet rather than having to go through an app store supplying limited support for your cravings.

You also can wait for Summer 2015 to hit and get a Windows 10 tablet. 

How much does Ebay charge you guys for international shipping? Here's a great Windows Tablet that comes with a detachable keyboard. Its $260 US a little more expensive than when I got it. This thing is normally priced 399 and above. It's the cheapest sale I've seen, besides getting on loophale sales. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-Transformer-Book-10-1-Win-8-Tablet-w-Dock-2-GB-RAM-64GB-Storage-Gray-/331385517608?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item4d281db628

Operating System Windows 8.1 Cache L2: 2 MB Graphics Card Type: Integrated 
Installed: Intel HD Graphics Memory Type: 1066 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM 
Installed: 2GB 
Capacity: 4GB Processor 1.46 GHz Intel Bay Trail-T Z3775 Quad-Core Storage Embedded MMC 64GB Display Type: Capacitive
Size: 10.1" 
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 
Native Resolution: 1366 x 768 
Viewing Angle: 178° USB 1x USB 2.0 - Micro HDMI 1x HDMI 1.4 - Micro Speakers 2x Integrated Speakers Microphone 1x Integrated Microphone Headphone/Mic Jack 1x 1/8" (3.5mm) Headphone/Microphone Memory Card Slot 1x microSD 
1x SDHC 
1x SDXC WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0 Webcam Front: 1.2MP Keyboard Keyboard: Virtual Battery 2-Cell Built-In Lithium-Polymer Providing up to 11 Hours per Charge (31.0 Wh) Power Requirements AC: 100-240 V AC, 50/60Hz 
Consumption: 15W Keyboard Dock Keyboard Type: Standard Notebook Keyboard 
Pointing Device: TouchPad 
Ports: 1x USB 3.0 - Type A Dimensions (WxHxD) 10.4 x 0.8 x 6.7" (264.2 x 20.3 x 170.2mm) Weight 2.40 lb (1.09kg)

*Note, the memory is NOT expandable. Don't know why they put that there.

Ok, well I'm happy with my current tablet for VNs. 

I don't know if investing in a Microsoft Surface 3 will ever be worth it. If I have to get it, I want at least the $1300+ models, or nothing at all. Those things are so slim and light. Yet they also pack a wallop in power, storage and almighty displays. 

A few things to point out before buying a windows tablet.

1. 32GB+ storage space (Don't try to get a 16GB tablet, you will only get like 5 GB of free space left to use)

2. Research the reviews of the tablet you're interested in . A lot of cheap tablets attend to go towards having a really poor touch screen. You can test the touch screen by trying the demo tablets in stores. 

3. Get a Bluetooch mouse & micro usb adaptor - female to male. Trust me, you'll need it in future unless you going for hybrid laptop/tablet ones

I suggest you should wait for next gen of 8 inch tablets that comes around in 6 months. The current tablets available are disappointing in my opinion. I brought one myself & then I gave it back a week later cause it was a pain in the *** to use it.

If you really want one, I suggest getting 

Dell Venue 8 Pro

Toshiba Encore 2

Lenovo Miix2

If you're just looking for a VN tablet, then yea, a Dell Venue Pro would be good. I wouldn't even care if it's brand new or not as long as the specs are decent and the price is a steal. Screen has to be scratch free of course and still running good.

Here's a 64GB dell venue pro refurbished one. It's 159 with free shipping (US only) 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261685566585?lpid=82

As for Micro SDs, I'd recommend getting a write speed of 48+. The samsung evo 48+ and 90+ are very fast cards. For awhile the samsung 64gb 48 w/speed was selling at $24.