What character route surprised you the most?

nohman

Amane's route didn't seriously give me nightmares; once you've read stories similar to that you kinda have to steel yourself mentally, or you just can't handle it.  That said, it did seriously affect me emotionally, and I felt pretty disturbed for a while afterwards.

Sharin:

All hail Ririko, Queen of the Trolls. Best Sharin heroine, hands down. When she came out of nowhere I thought I was hallucinating or something, or that I fell asleep and I was dreaming that. Not even joking.

Well, I had only read Katawa Shoujo and Clannad before Grisaia. So I was...unprepared.

And yes 

Ririko best girl.

Lucia route was really surprising for me as well. Many of her actions had a completely unexpected reason was.. well suprising. And the things she's suffered throught her life'd almost made me cry.

Sachi's route had the deepest emotional impact for me (at least for Grisaia) this:

Dat letter, man. Dat letter.

From G-Senjou Haru's route had the most impact for me. I never cry for VNs but it made me really come close to that..

When it comes to routes that have shocked me, both come from Grisaia No Kajitsu.

Amane: This holds a special place for me because it came on a VN that wasn't trying to be too edgy or scary and people usually find that more disturbing and scary than a horror movie because you don't see it coming or you don't think it's gonna happen.

When the cannibals start chasing Amane, i jumped, the music helped and the imagery helped too. Gotta give the game credit where it's due.

I was definitely not expecting the level of seriousness and defeat that came along with Wanko's route in Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai. In a medium (even within that VN) where characters are able to pull off insane acts of superhuman ability, that really caught me off guard.

G-Senjou no Maou

Was not an heroine, but from the main character himself. There were hints everywhere about him being Maou, and I was completely sure of it... Until the twin showed up. Eventhough it was kinda like "hey, he has a second personality, I swear" kind of writting, It really catched me by surprise.

I was definitely not expecting the level of seriousness and defeat that came along with Wanko's route in Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai. In a medium (even within that VN) where characters are able to pull off insane acts of superhuman ability, that really caught me off guard.

Kyouhei is actually Kyousuke's 

older brother, not his twin.