I want to finish this game already! Thread

Sakimichi

Have you ever skipped through the dialogues of the visual novel you played?

Why so?

• Did you find it boring?
  • Did you find the dialogue unnecessary to the story?
  • Did you regret doing so?

I do a quicksave when I find the dialogue too wordy and I felt like it strays too much from the main story. I did this a lot in umineko..haha.

That second point happens to me with almost every VN I've ever played. In general, with most VNs, there are just a lot of gag scenes that I no longer feel like I have time for. They help you grow attached to the characters, so it's hard to write them off, but it's a tough mix for me. As for the first point, when I do find it boring, I'll pretty much to drop the game :P.

Only with nukige when I'm about to take a break from it and check if the chain of H-scenes ended yet by skipping some text lol. (But read it later when I load the game) Otherwise, I'm pretty obsessed with making sure I read every line unless the VN simply bores me, on which I would just quit it.

Ohh and I'm sure everyone does this but sometimes you need to like, reread a lot of text just so you can do another route but decide to just skip it.

I don't think i've ever skipped something I didn't read yet. Although sometimes I just speed up my reading.

I did fall asleep once while reading Demonbane though <_</>

Usually if I find something boring i'll just drop it. (I dropped Demonbane after the first route)

I know....... Demonbane....*sigh*~ u_u

I had too much expectations~

But the visuals were good though

For some reasson, Shikokku no Sharnot has a incredible amount of repeated text, so much I already know when it will turn up and it's contents thoroughly. Obviously, after the second or third time I started to skip them, but other than that I usually don't skip anything. Except when I'm really drowsy and miss bits and pieces of the text, that's when I usually save, go to sleep and check the backlog in the day after like a drunk checks his phone calls after a hangover.

It depends, like, in Katawa Shoujo, I really only skipped the first chapter, since all the routes were pretty much completely different, but in some, like Canvas 2, which had alot of the VN was the same, until near the end, I would skip most everything but choices around the 3rd or 4th playthrough, lol

For some reasson, Shikokku no Sharnot has a incredible amount of repeated text, so much I already know when it will turn up and it's contents thoroughly. Obviously, after the second or third time I started to skip them, but other than that I usually don't skip anything. Except when I'm really drowsy and miss bits and pieces of the text, that's when I usually save, go to sleep and check the backlog in the day after like a drunk checks his phone calls after a hangover.

I love the art and I agree there were too many lines that were repeated for some reason, I haven't finished the game because im stuck with the minigame...I don't know if I could skip this one. The art is definitely gorgeous though.

I love the art and I agree there were too many lines that were repeated for some reason, I haven't finished the game because im stuck with the minigame...I don't know if I could skip this one. The art is definitely gorgeous though.

I completely agree that the art is beautiful, and I like dark ambientations and sceneries, especially Liar Soft's. If you're stuck, you can always start a new game, disable the minigame and skip the text until the part where you stopped. Don't know if all versions are like that (this is the second time I downloaded the game) but the version I got from Fuwanovel has this feature.

I completely agree that the art is beautiful, and I like dark ambientations and sceneries, especially Liar Soft's. If you're stuck, you can always start a new game, disable the minigame and skip the text until the part where you stopped. Don't know if all versions are like that (this is the second time I downloaded the game) but the version I got from Fuwanovel has this feature.

In most games if you hold down Ctrl, it will skip through the text.

skip previously read text

This works as well. I always use this for boring parts of games.

Have you ever skipped through the dialogues of the visual novel you played?

Why so?

• Did you find it boring?
  • Did you find the dialogue unnecessary to the story?
  • Did you regret doing so?

Yep, but quite rarely.

There are 3 reasons to skip text in my case:

1) I am usually dislike fellatio h-scenes - because of sounds. That champing disgusting. Happens everywhere.

2) Flashbacks of scenes that i already have read. Muv-Luv & Alternative are typical examples.

3) Hate! When i cannot read that stupidity any more and facepalm blocking my view - that's a time for Skip. Dengeki Stryker, D.C.I.F.

The only time I found myself skipping text was with Ever17. The earlier parts of the game are incredibly boring, and don't seem to serve any purpose. Even the small bits of humor weren't very entertaining. And damn, too many chicken sandwiches!

I'm a little obsessive and compulsive about reading VNs. I don't let myself skip. I tried to do it with Katawa Shoujo when I was trying another route, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Same story repeated a million times...

I'm a little obsessive and compulsive about reading VNs. I don't let myself skip. I tried to do it with Katawa Shoujo when I was trying another route, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Same story repeated a million times...

I agree what i meant by boring parts of games is text ive already read. If I find something particularly boring, ill stop and take a break, then come back to it later.

1) I am usually dislike fellatio h-scenes - because of sounds. That champing disgusting. Happens everywhere.

Yeah, I hate that sound too. Though sometimes I just turn the sound off temporarily instead of skipping text

The only time I found myself skipping text was with Ever17. The earlier parts of the game are incredibly boring, and don't seem to serve any purpose. Even the small bits of humor weren't very entertaining. And damn, too many chicken sandwiches!

Yes! Ever 17 was also the only game I ever remember skipping (non-H) text on! It's been years, you understand...but seems like there was some hologram girl or something(?), trying to lecture me on the meaning of life, the universe, and everything, Blah blah blah she went on, until I started skipping it.

...And I eventually dropped it anyway to play Kanon. (Yet, Ever 17 was far from the worst VN I ever played. That honor belongs to another game published by Hirameki. But that is another story...)

I'll skip alot of bad H-scenes. Very rarely do I skip actual text since I'm paranoid as hell about missing details.

I skimmed Koko's route in D.C.II though. I was just entirely gobsmacked at how Yoshiyuki lost all common sense and what seemed to be half his brain. Couldn't take it anymore.