Shiki Discussion -SPOILERS-

Tsukiyo_Reiko

I have to say that among everything I've watched, the most attractive, well-though, and provocative series I have ever seen was Shiki. The pure amount of insight, the character development, the philosophy not very deeply hidden withing the series. I don't think there was a single part of this that I didn't thoroughly enjoy - including those beautiful black eyes.

tumblr_mbhg77FwBY1qhqlcgo1_r1_500.gif

"Not a single god would cause a miracle for me."

Ah, I absolutely love the fact that you brought Toshio into this. A lot of people can't handle that part, understandably. I mean,

what normal, sane person could handle watching someone, in essence, torture their wife to death?

I don't think enough people can relate to him, and that's unfortunate, but I really admire how he's willing to do what needs to be done,

even at the price of dirtying his own hands with the sin of death.

Personally, I related to Sunako more. That might seem odd, and not for the reasons you might think. But there are heavy connections to the way we view the world. One good example is the image and quote I put in the initial post.

I really love dark anime like this.  It really made me think and reflect about morality in an interesting way.  So who were you guys rooting for?  The vampires or the humans?  What do you think the best solutions would have been... would there have been any way possible for them to live in harmony?

I watched it a long~ while back... but I have fond memories of it since it made me think on the story/characters for a couple days after finishing it.  I think I kind of felt more empathy for the vampires especially that little girl, although I can't blame the humans for doing what they did either.  Ahhhh, it's just awesome.  Survival can be brutal.  I gotta say, I also enjoyed the bloody gore xD just so intense.

- Oh btw @Tsukiyo if you like philosophical, insightful, character development kinds of anime... you might want to check out 12 Kingdoms.  It's fantasy though, with some dark/serious feeling too it in some parts (just not incredibly dark like Shiki).  From the New World is also good^^

• 2 weeks later...

Sunako Kirishiki was the girl. She's also my laptop wallpaper. I was with Sunako from the beginning, and I related to her the most out of all of the characters in that series. Without getting too personal, she and I feel a lot of things in common. The one line of hers that resonates with me to this day is "Not a single god would cause a miracle for me."

- Oh btw @Tsukiyo if you like philosophical, insightful, character development kinds of anime... you might want to check out 12 Kingdoms.  It's fantasy though, with some dark/serious feeling too it in some parts (just not incredibly dark like Shiki).  From the New World is also good^^

Edited by Tsukiyo_Reiko