Blog Changes: New Look, New Editor

Reposted from: http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2014/12/blog-changes-new-look-new-editor/

Hello everybody,

If you’re reading this on the web (as opposed to the email notification you get with each post), you’ll no doubt have noticed that the blog has undergone a radical makeover! We’re trying out this new look and would love to get feedback/impressions from those of you who regularly read our content. And while the cosmetic changes are long-overdue, they’re only a small piece of the blog overhaul, and I’m pleased to give you a little insight into what’s changed.

First and foremost, I would like to announce that Zakamutt has been chosen to become the official editor-in-chief over the blog. Many of you know that he has been carrying the torch for the past many months (his TL updates and project recruitment posts have been extremely popular and useful to the VN community, and his articles have made for excellent reading), but what you might not know is that in that time he’s also developed a gut feeling and vision for how to carry the blog forward. He’s a talented writer and he’s got a lot of good ideas, and I’d like to congratulate him and wish him good luck.

There are several additional and substantial changes coming to the blog. I’ll endeavor to highlight a few:

• The blog is going to be rebranded into the “Fuwanovel Gazette”. There will be a subdomain change in the coming days (don’t worry, the old subdomain will forward you to the right place) to follow the new name, but that’s not at the top of our priorities atm
  • A big, new focus is the variety of categories on the blog (News, Project Updates, Project Recruitment, New Releases, Fuwanovel Community, Recognition, with other categories such as “reviews” soon to follow). The categories are important because we plan on opening the blog to a much wider range of people. Project managers on TL teams, for example, will be able to directly write their own status updates/requests for new team members. Fuwanovel community members will be able to directly write up notices and updates for when new podcasts are released or community events are planned (such as when we need to party like it’s 1999). One really important and exciting change will be the implementation of a recognition program wherein we try to better highlight the awesome and interesting people, projects and discussions going on in our community and within the VN world
  • Zaka will be sharing more information soon about how people can participate on the blog. For now, however, if anybody’s interested in writing a post (we’re interested in writers doing lots of different kinds of pieces, such as posts on translation, OELVNs, tutorials, Otome/BL, news, reviews, analysis or broader opinion pieces), keep an eye on the blog feed and the forums for more information
  • The FuwaReviews team will be partially implemented into the blog in the coming weeks. More info about this will be coming soon

Thanks again for sticking with us and keeping up with the blog. I look forward to feedback, and I look forward to Zaka continuing to impress us ; P.

All the best,

Tay

Congrats, Zaka! The blog looks so beautiful now, I particularly didn't liked the old one, but it's really good right now. Guess I'll be checking the blog frequently since the FuwaReviews is going to be partially implemented, as well as stuff around Fuwa community will be up there. 

The blog is going to be rebranded into the “Fuwanovel Gazette”.

Ironically I came up with that name in IRC as a joke.  Glad it worked out though xD

[20:14] <+_Zakamutt> I guess we're probably gonna be the fuwanovel chronicles

[20:15] <Ryechu> The Fuwanovel Gazette!
[20:15] * Ryechu snickers.
[20:15] <+_Zakamutt> too gazzy
[20:15] <Ryechu> The Fuwanovel Herald!
[20:16] <+_Zakamutt> I have to admit I actually like it though
[20:16] <+_Zakamutt> herald, naah
[20:16] <Ryechu> Umm...
[20:16] <Ryechu> How many other newspaper titles can I come up with here...
[20:16] <+_Zakamutt> don't think newspaper
[20:16] <Ryechu> They're jazzy though.
[20:16] <+_Zakamutt> think something more community, wider, whatever
[20:16] <+_Zakamutt> I actually like the gazzette, lol
[20:16] <+_Zakamutt> maybe I should bring it up
[20:17] <nohman> Of all the newspaper like titles, that's probably the best.
[20:17] <Ryechu> ^
[20:17] <Ryechu> Gives it an air of classiness.
[20:17] <+_Zakamutt> it's got a really springy taste
[20:18] <+_Zakamutt> airy, like playful marshmallows
[20:18] <Ryechu> It's cute.
[20:18] <Ryechu> All that matters.
[20:20] <+_Zakamutt> funnily the actual history of the term make it occasionally hilariously formal as well with government gazettes

That snowing effect in the main site is awesome.

It really feels Christmas-like, no?

I always imagine nohman being our Santa Claus.

We should have his picture on the main page.

Joking aside, I like the new look.

It looks a lot more formal. And simple.

I like simple things.

A design that's too flashy can distract my eyes, and that's not good.

Not good in a way that it'll hinder me from actually finish reading the blog post.

Anyway, good work Tay.

As expected from the Archmage.

Thanks y'all.

...I'm really bad at thanking and congratulating people, what's wrong with me? I swear I can be just as sentimental as the next guy...

I have work to do today with fantl bulletin and all (#excuses), but to sufficiently pressure myself I will now commit to having a good draft of an actual recruitment post for blog writers done tomorrow (some US time and presumably even then half an hour before midnight.) Now, time to procrastinate said post by RtK learning. If I can get in the mood or whatever.