YU-RIS engine

Xehanort

The extracted files have their names well, here is a picture:

first_files_extr_zpsf5f78f51.png

However its contents are still unreadable.

Since was MangaGamer who made the translation of this game, there's no english patch. But I leave here a shared folder, it contains the ypf file and the extracted folder compressed (.rar, no password), I extracted the files with the Animed tool.

I hope you find them useful, thanks.

my tool will read the .ybn files and trys to find text. you should have a folder internal and a folder translated. if not my tool didn´t found any text. And since i only see it work on sysdefine files it should not have found any text.

The error you had is solved with the last version. It should run on the other files now and maybe find you some lines. No guarantee that it will work.

This time the tool extracts more files, but stops with this error:

However the extracted files in translated\ysbin are still unreadable.
error_yuristext_replacer_2_zpsf3f3907e.p

I was thinking that maybe the files were unpacked wrong by the Animed tool and because of that they are unreadable, but when I try to put just the .ypf file in the text replacer tool folder to unpacked it I get this:

Is the same with the prev version :/

error_yuristext_replacer_ypffile_zps69c1

• 4 months later...

After several days of headache I'm happy to present you new AE VN Tools build, now with full YU-RIS v4.90 archives and read-only YCG images support (they're named as .png, although the structure has nothing in common with normal PNGs, apart data compression (zlib)).

I'll add creation of YCG images only if there will be a need for this. Although it's not that hard (split image in half, compress each part separately), but I don't want to do extra work without a purpose.

P.S. The tool is only able to generate YU-RIS archives of certain versions, yet can open any version from v1.00 to v4.00 with no code changes thanks to my heuristics algorithm. If you need support for a particular version, please let me know (supplying the version number and encryption flag (0xFF or alike, see "Format" line in the GUI) will be enough). :)

• 1 year later...
P.S. The tool is only able to generate YU-RIS archives of certain versions, yet can open any version from v1.00 to v4.00 with no code changes thanks to my heuristics algorithm. If you need support for a particular version, please let me know (supplying the version number and encryption flag (0xFF or alike, see "Format" line in the GUI) will be enough). :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Well I see AE VN Tools doesn't work. I have windows 10 64 bit. I downloaded latest build on the website which was 32bit win version from 2017. Tried opening a data.ypf archive and it said it failed because it was being used by another program. I have no clue what other program is using it because it's not woking. The game in question is [Tougenkyo] Haramase Taiken Gakushuu ~Shizen no Naka de Seikyouiku!?~. Japanese name is [桃源郷] 孕ませ体験学習 ~自然の中で性キョーイク!?~. This game came out in 2017 I believe or earlier. Why does nothing work for me? I have tried tools provided to me on this site to attempt to extract scenario files to translate and fix broken images that don't properly load in game from multiple types of games and nothing works!  The Yu-ris engine is one that's most extensive on development but again I'm not getting any good tools. And this game is old too! I'm about to just give up.  All I want to do is decrypt and uncompressed script files to edit and recompile them into archives again but nothing works properly. Is it so hard to ask? I know that when translating recompling into a seperate patch file is fine but if I'm fixing broken image linking I need to override game's default files. *sigh*

I've been struggling for 2 years now and I've made little headway on anything.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The dev tools for Yu-Ris were released online which includes a packing tool for newer games that uses .ypf archives. It also has image format conversion tools amongst a list of other things.
/システム/yu-ris.exe          :起動ファイル
         /エンジン設定.exe    :エンジン動作設定ファイル
         /yscfg.dat           :エンジン動作設定データ
         /system/forWin98/    :Win98以降版用EXEファイル
                /YSCom/       :コンパイルツール
                /YSConv/      :画像形式変換ツール
                /YSEnv/       :環境情報取得ツール
                /YSIcon/      :EXEアイコン書換ツール
                /YSOgg/       :OGGファイル変換ツール
                /YSOne/       :1ファイルEXE作成ツール
                /YSPac/       :ファイルパックツール
                /YSScr/       :スクリーンセーバー作成ツール