FUWA Community Work - Assembling a Tech Support Team

Helvetica Standard

FUWA Community Work - Assembling a Tech Support Team.

Esteemed FUWA members, 

GVhBOQx.png

We're looking for tech savvy people willing to help out on the Tech Support section of FUWA. 

This is mainly to speed up the resolution of troubleshooting posts about installation issues,

error messages, crashes and other assorted witchcraft that users go through when attempting

to play VN's. If you have the knowledge and the time, then by all means apply for the team.

The team will be of 6 members max. We are looking for knowledgeable people who have time 

and patience to deal with this. Helping others with technical issues is not an easy task and depending

on how bad the problem is, it can also be time consuming. Patience is key, good manners and

a positive attitude help a lot as well. Below is a list of requirements  for applicants. Newly recruited 

"techers" will be on a week trial period to make sure they are actively helping out people.

IMPORTANT: While we require you to have a vast knowledge of computers and troubleshooting skills

this does not mean you have to solve ANY AND ALL issues. It is the thought that counts, and even if

you cannot solve a problem you won't be called out on that.

Lastly, do remember that this is volunteer work. No one will force you to do it, no one has the right to 

demand help from you and you can quit anytime.

REQUIREMENTS:

- Have good knowledge of the Windows OS 

- Have installed VN's and other related software in the past.

- Good general knowledge of Visual Novels.

- Friendly, positive attitude and patience of steel.

OPTIONAL:

- Have knowledge of installation packages and patching.

- Have helped on technical support in the past 

-Use of simple language if possible. (Some people have a difficult time following instructions if you indulge too much on technical jargon.)

-Step by step instructions is a good approach. Confirming the users actions also helps.

-Try your best to help users with what they have on hand. ( Example: Don't recommend third party software unless it's necessary.)

As a "techer" you will coordinate your efforts with the other members of the team and in case one cannot come up with a solution, the others 

will be able to help. Also if another team member knows more about certain field than you, don't be shy and ask them about it or let them

handle it.

All potential recruits will be evaluated further after being assigned. Those accepted will be notified vía PM a week after probation.

If you want to apply make sure to either post you're interested here or PM Helvetica Standard.

Note that you don't lose anything for applying so don't feel unmotivated if you don't believe you meet one or more of the criteria, just make sure you understand your capabilities and believe they could be of use, and even if you don't get selected, at least you tried :)

Interesting. Let's see now.

Don't have any experience with Linux or Mac, but I'm pretty confident in my own skills when it comes to Windows. Have been using it since the age of 6-7, that makes it 10-11 eleven years. Can't really say I'm using Command Prompt on a regular basis. Not because I'm not familiar with it, but because I see no need to.

What do you mean by "knowledge of installation packages and patching"? I've installed and uninstalled tons of software, patched lots of stuff, but can't say I know anything specific that falls out of general use when it comes to them or installation packages.

Have helped a lot of people, both on the internet and IRL. Have been installing Windows, anti-viruses, office packages and lots of other software normal users need for about 3 years now. As for the internet, it was mostly limited to simply step-by-step instructions one has to follow in order.

Can't say I'm proud of saying this, but I've never bought a program in my life. That goes for VNs as well. That might change when I'll be making money myself, but at the moment, that's how it is. Back to the point, I've installed many of the VNs. Maybe not so many "other related software".

As for the "good general knowledge of Visual Novels" - actually, I'm not sure about this one. It's a relatively new thing to me since I've only been reading/playing for a couple of months.

I'm patient, but I'll let the others decide what my attitude's like for themselves.

Interesting. Let's see now.

Don't have any experience with Linux or Mac, but I'm pretty confident in my own skills when it comes to Windows. Have been using it since the age of 6-7, that makes it 10-11 eleven years. Can't really say I'm using Command Prompt on a regular basis. Not because I'm not familiar with it, but because I see no need to.

What do you mean by "knowledge of installation packages and patching"? I've installed and uninstalled tons of software, patched lots of stuff, but can't say I know anything specific that falls out of general use when it comes to them or installation packages.

Have helped a lot of people, both on the internet and IRL. Have been installing Windows, anti-viruses, office packages and lots of other software normal users need for about 3 years now. As for the internet, it was mostly limited to simply step-by-step instructions one has to follow in order.

Can't say I'm proud of saying this, but I've never bought a program in my life. That goes for VNs as well. That might change when I'll be making money myself, but at the moment, that's how it is. Back to the point, I've installed many of the VNs. Maybe not so many "other related software".

As for the "good general knowledge of Visual Novels" - actually, I'm not sure about this one. It's a relatively new thing to me since I've only been reading/playing for a couple of months.

I'm patient, but I'll let the others decide what my attitude's like for themselves.

Many thanks for volunteering! :)

We'll let you know what we want you to do once a 6 man team has been assembled. (In this case 5 more slots remain.)

• 4 months later...

Hm.

Did this ever go anywhere? I did notice there are a couple of regulars who help out inquiries in the Voluntary Tech Support section so I'm wondering if they are just doing it out of goodwill or have been part of a team like this.