Zero Escape Fan Made VN Is Announced On Twitter, Claims Half The Profits Will Go To The Making Of Zero Escape 3

Funyarinpa

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they'll fix things like that (the type spacing) before release. How do you pronounce "TSHE" anyway? :?
I think its probably because neither guy working on the game is a native English speaker (apparently..) But he did say it will be overseen by "experienced translators".

Hopefully they'll fix things like that (the type spacing) before release. How do you pronounce "TSHE" anyway? :?

I think its probably because neither guy working on the game is a native English speaker (apparently..) But he did say it will be overseen by "experienced translators".

Maybe like "Che" Guevara? Not sure, though

• 2 months later...

No, that's not legal. And I certainly don't trust a fan project to produce something that is even close to on par with ZE1 and 2. 

And what is the other half of the profits going to? Maybe they meant proceeds?

Pretty much this. Profiting off of fandom related works is illegal to begin with, and only considered socially acceptable in the form of art commissions (drawn for non-commercial use) that use fandom characters.

Just checking, everybody here is aware that this project does not use any ZE assets whatsoever, right?

If it's not using any character designs, settings, sprites, references, etc to ZE then it's not much of a ZE fan made VN and just a general VN. It's like me saying "I like Katawa Shoujo" and then making a slice of life/drama/romance VN about a guy in an all girls school. At that point it's just a dramatic romance VN in an all girls school it's not a fan made VN.

If it's not using any character designs, settings, sprites, references, etc to ZE then it's not much of a ZE fan made VN and just a general VN. It's like me saying "I like Katawa Shoujo" and then making a slice of life/drama/romance VN about a guy in an all girls school. At that point it's just a dramatic romance VN in an all girls school it's not a fan made VN.

• 2 weeks later...