If My Heart Had Wings Purchase

Ksiyas

I was seriously going to purchase this VN until I thankfully read some comments.... on steam, they cut out h-scenes which I dont know why I expected that not to be an issue... I guess I forgot. That is already a deal breaker... but they went as far as to cut out things like hand holding, kissing, etc... the normal stuff. So... Im hoping someone knows a way for me to get a version with everything in it, perhaps using something that starts with a "T" ends with an "ent" and is done by loyal fans,... including H-scenes. What a joke that official translation turned out to be. so yeah.. help me out? Thanks.

There's a restoration patch that was done by Rusanon that restores the H-scenes and romantic scenes and translates them as well as fix some other scenes.

Beware though, the MoeNovel release doesn't only cut out H-scenes and other romance like scenes, it has incredibly, and I mean incredibly bad English that will make you get lost in some scenes because they rewrote them completely.

Particularly Ageha's route is almost unreadable at some points and you won't understand what's happening.

The rest of the routes do have some English issues but you can understand what's going on in the end (at least I did).

This patch doesn't fix MoeNovel's translation though so expect words like "oppai" (breasts) to still be "eyes" in the game (god this was such an awkward scene).

There's a second patch in the works that completely fixes the translation but we don't know when that'll be released.

The problem is the good story is ruined with MoeNovel's localization since it's literally censored everywhere, not just H-scenes, on top of being poorly edited/translated, making for jokes completely ruined as well as out of context scenes where the reader can't understand what's going on.

I wouldn't advice anyone to buy it unless they want to patch it.

Go on eroge, download all part, simple, then hop you download restoration patch, and you give life to the VN again.

But honestly

en0fv.jpg

Instead of releasing a censored game they should have give us the choice to disable H-scenes in the option.

Right now its almost if they don't censor banana lol.

(even if no one would disable H-scenes anyway)

Frankly, I'd wait a few years before trying it, either until someone puts a fan re-translation out to merge with the restoration patch, or until MoeNovel puts out an 'un-uncensor' (Basically everything that wasn't a straight-up H scene, as I'm okay with those removed) that also fixes all the translation errors.  Truth be told I'm a bit curious on whether or not the original Japanese version was any good, but I suppose that can wait.

If you're looking for a different VN to buy on Steam, Cho Dengeki Stryker is by far the best one yet, at least until Mangagamer releases Higurashi, and Sekai gets Grisaia/Clannad up.  After that there's going to be some contention.

But yeah, I'd wait til later on If My Heart Had Wings.  Maybe we'll get a patch a long time from now, but we have plenty to read until then.

Dang, I already started reading the game for a few hours before learning about all this situation (>-<). Hopefully the restoration patch will not affect my save?

For the bad translation, at the risk of it turning into another debate, I am really keen to see a specific example where confusion is caused. I used to think, well, as long as I can understand it, I am already grateful. But hearing all this talk is making me interested in knowing more about this topic. Maybe it is because people have put the translation down so much, when I am reading this game, I think, well, I can understand it, at least.

I am okay with the H scenes being cut out, but now I learn that apparently, they have removed the romantic scenes as well? That would be a big bummer so I really need to get on that patch I guess.

@InvertMouse

Samples:

From Kotori's route (with some minor spoilers for common route): https://vndb.org/t5268#11

From thins' routes (spoiler free): https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1461-kono-oozora-h-scenes-porting-project/?p=190114

Common route is bad, but more or less understandable. However, later on it's a total mess. It's filled with errors.

Also, believe me - you are NOT okay with H-scenes being cut out from this particular VN. Not when one of the routes is all about progressing from sexfriends to proper lovers. With even the slightest mention of sex axed, this route got turned into an absolutely incomprehensible gibberish.

There are plans to release an updated patch for the Steam version. It will include re-translated scripts from common and Kotori's routes - still a bit rough and unedited, but definitely much better than the official "TL". Wait a few days.