Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
OriginalRen

Fuwanovel Confessions

2 hours ago, joshopit said:

-I say that I don't believe in God but im religiously tormented because i cannot accept the fact that when we'll all die there'll be eternal darkness. I can't accept that Im an atheist and at the same time I can't accept that I was meant to believe in God. 

Oh, don't worry about that, there's no "eternal darkness". There's nonexistance and when you stop existing, nothing that you leave behind or you imagined death to be can bother you. I know the thought that there's nothing to life but life itself can be depressing to those with chronic illnesses or born under unfortunate circumstances, but as long as there is something you can look forward to in your life or work towards I find it liberating. It's up to you to create meaning for your time on Earth and no choice you make in that regard is objectively bad or proper (unless you intentionally hurt others maybe). I find existentialism and humanism way more compelling and productive than any religion could ever be and while I understand that many people need religion as a source of hope and meaning, or are instinctively drawn to it... It just doesn't make it any more real.

2 hours ago, joshopit said:

when I was 7 I spitted to a nuns's face because she was trying to punch me in the face.

Holy fuck man, you were one fierce kid. Good job though, I thankfully come from a relatively secular family, but whenever I hear about those catholic childcare/educational institutions they ironically sound like hell on Earth.. :wafuu:

Confession: With all my love for computers, I'm apparently a complete idiot when it goes to tech.

For like a year now I was getting more and more problems with my PC's tiny (128GB) SSD, always running out of space and bottlenecking my system despite me putting all large apps on the accompanying hard drive and actively trying to keep things tidy. For the last few months I was thinking about various workarounds and only today it occurred to me that I should check out what kind of SSD it is, buy a larger one, make a system backup to an external drive and switch it out... Which will cost me like 70$ and a few hours of work max. Aren't my last two living braincells amazing? :vinty:

Edit: So, the surgery was successful and the patient is stable! Quite possibly, he'll soon be better than he ever was... :3 I had to make a clean Windows install after all, but I guess that's for the better after a few years of continous use. This should make the daily use quite a bit nicer... And my life by extention, considering the coronavirus is going out of control in Poland and I'm likely to sit in this room, looking at this screen quite a lot in the coming months. 😅

de6kbl4-b8bb55a4-59e5-484f-893d-baee5394

I'm currently feeling completely unexpected kind-of VN, and general, burn-out(?). I mean, last time I read a VN (Sakura Strasse) was over a week ago. Perhaps it's because MC makes it not engaging enough for me, so I don't have strong incentive to continue, but still, I totally wasn't expecting that. In the meantime, my other hobbies took over for a while. I guess I'll return to reading sooner or later, but now it feels really weird. Maybe I should just drop Sakura Strasse and switch to something more engaging, but then, after buying a physical edition (since there's no download one, and no pirated one either :P ) I feel a bit reluctant to do so... Should have tried out the demo version before buying...

Nevertheless looks like my tastes evolved a bit, and "pure" moege doesn't seem to work for me as well as it did before. Now I seem to need a bit of nakige as well. :illyathink:

Didn't want to clutter WhatAreYouPlaying thread with this, so I'm writing here...

Edited by adamstan