Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Roulette said:

Confession: Sometimes I literally spend hours on writing just a small post since my english is not good. I dread about making a fool out of myself because of wrong grammar or misspelling.

Honestly, I often have the same problem, though I try not to care that much. The worst thing about conversations online in a language you aren't really fluent in is that there is no real way to check whether you write everything right or not.

On 03/07/2017 at 11:57 PM, Fred the Barber said:

Confession: I got new socks today. This is the very definition of luxury.

I must be a luxurious individual, then, because socks are all I get for my birthday these days.

3 hours ago, Roulette said:

Confession: Sometimes I literally spend hours on writing just a small post since my english is not good. I dread about making a fool out of myself because of wrong grammar or misspelling.

I assure you that the better at the language you are, the less you care about grammar and misspellings on posts and forums online.
This is entirely anecdotal, but I've found that the people who are focused on correcting others or who judge others on how they spell and write tend to not be completely fluent at the language in question either.
In a fairly informal, 'simply a means of communication' setting like this, I mean.

Stuff like actually writing stories always benefits from constructive criticism, since it's not as much about communication as it is about being enjoyable for the reader... generally. Depends on what you write for.

I wish someone would come to my local mall and shoot/drive away all of the nesting seagulls.  They're super aggressive and will try to dive bomb you if you go anywhere near their nests, which you conveniently can't see until you have a pissed-off seagull trying to attack you, and are near areas with decent amounts of foot traffic.  I actually had to run away from two sets of nesting pairs in one day.  Fuck seagulls.

17 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I wish someone would come to my local mall and shoot/drive away all of the nesting seagulls.  They're super aggressive and will try to dive bomb you if you go anywhere near their nests, which you conveniently can't see until you have a pissed-off seagull trying to attack you, and are near areas with decent amounts of foot traffic.  I actually had to run away from two sets of nesting pairs in one day.  Fuck seagulls.

Sorry, but this sounds hilarious to the bystander who is not hurt by any of this.

I vote for the seagulls' continued existence.

21 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

You should wear a hat:

peak_mount_torrent_torch_holders-e147544 

Stylish AND practical. I believe people call this a "win win" :) 

8 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Sorry, but this sounds hilarious to the bystander who is not hurt by any of this.

I vote for the seagulls' continued existence.

You try getting attacked by seagulls and see how amused you are afterwards  >.<

Angry birds are scary, especially when they're kinda big.

13 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

You should wear a hat:

Spoiler

peak_mount_torrent_torch_holders-e147544

Stylish AND practical. I believe people call this a "win win" :) 

Nah, I'm gonna buy one of these:

Spoiler

ab86d16e7e8447cdfc84d6e7443c5dfd.jpg

57 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

You try getting attacked by seagulls and see how amused you are afterwards  >.<

Angry birds are scary, especially when they're kinda big.

...I can actually imagine,

Once, as I was crossing a park where it appeared seagulls were fighting each other, or at least mad about something, they kept diving rather dangerously close to to where person's head would be located were they of average height. Rather thankful was I that my height is below average.

Edited by Mr Poltroon
i no english this late at night

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to get into gear in regards to job hunting. It has been about a month since I finished my last class, however the school still hasn't mailed my degree yet, so I don't feel too bad for mooching off my parents. 

It's just frustrating as hell looking at jobs that fit your area of study and discovering you need one or a combination of half a dozen licenses, at least four years experience, or several ranks in a military branch. Seriously, what was the point of getting into 10 grand in debt and wasting 5 years of my life if a bachelors dosn't even cover 50% of the average job requirements. 

Edited by Soulless Watcher

Best of luck, Soul. 

---

Confession: I think I just ended a couple budding friendships. I'd found a cosplay group of like-minded ameteurs back in May (all of us were literally obsessed with Persona 5) and gone to a con with them three weeks ago.

Anyways, we have a WhatsApp group. Today, we talked about the suicide of Linkin Park's lead singer. Most didn't care and one was really disappointed. Fair game. But then someone said "I hate people who commit suicide for being so weak", and that pissed me the fuck off. I tried to remain calm and explain why he was being an asshole, but the dude just said "heh, I'm not one for drawn-out arguments, I guess you may have that opinion so long as it doesn't affect me". Heartless, condescending son of a bitch. I was really disappointed and feeling betrayed at this point- although I've never truly contemplated suicide in the past or had a close person fall victim to it, the matter is of personal importance to me. 

Then a second guy (who I saw as pretty much literally me with curly hair) supported the first guy. 

We were planning for another cosplay already, but I don't think that'll be necessary. I don't want to go anymore. 

I suppose I should be glad I got some exercise in cutting toxic people out of my life. 

On 7/20/2017 at 7:23 PM, Funyarinpa said:

I suppose I should be glad I got some exercise in cutting toxic people out of my life. 

I'd say that's a really good call. Even if you do have some things in common, the last thing you need to surround yourself with is people that want to bring you down.

I'm still having a hard time doing it myself. My childhood friend has been trying to reach out to me on Facebook, and I've been tempted to reply to him. But I know I shouldn't; he's the kind of guy that likes taking advantage of me, and he has a very serious alcohol addiction that he doesn't want to acknowledge.

Now if only I grew up in an anime-like setting with a tsundere childhood friend who eventually falls head over heels for you. That'd be nice. ^_^Maybe a little painful too, but who cares!

• 2 weeks later...

Confession: Some time ago I started to play KanColle, then I decided to play Granblue Fantasy... then I decided to also play Fate/Grand Order.

...I feel like I made a terrible life decision which I will regret bitterly in the future. But it's too late to stop now, gotta get these event-limited characters.

Confession:
I had always believed my family has always remained "drama"-free.
To an extent that remains the case, but I now see that it has more to do with my general lack of interest than there being nothing worthy of note. I have cousins that are up to their ears in very unpleasant drama.

Oh, me, how blessed you are. Though I would guess that I have a penchant for avoiding serious conflict, I'm sure glad there are no unsustainable conflicts in my close family.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, onorub said:

Messed around with erogamescape a bit and i never thought anything could surpass VNDB's ridiculousness of adding Blazblue until i saw Touhou in there.

There's a lot more text than there is gameplay in BlazBlue's story mode, and it does have consistent narration.

Although I do agree with you on Touhou, lol. Definitely the farthest thing from a VN unless you're talking about fan games.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Confession 2: Ever since Irma passed I've been dealing with a really bad cough. I thought it would go away on its own after a while, but my throat feels terrible now, and I think it's gotten to the point that I need to see a doctor.

I somehow caught whooping cough once (it's not exactly common where I'm from) and had a bad cough for some four or five months, until a third visit to the doctor finally checked for that (see earlier sidebar) and a course of antibiotics helped knock it out. In short, yeah, you might want to do something about that cough.

2 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Confession: I miss this thread.

Confession: Me too.

29 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I somehow caught whooping cough once (it's not exactly common where I'm from) and had a bad cough for some four or five months, until a third visit to the doctor finally checked for that (see earlier sidebar) and a course of antibiotics helped knock it out. In short, yeah, you might want to do something about that cough.

Huh, I didn't even know about that. I'm pretty sure I don't have anything like that though since I still inhale naturally after coughing. Glad to hear you got that taken care of at least. :)