Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

CONFESSION: It appears Bob Inzer's computer randomizing program has landed on my name, and I get to see about checking in for jury duty. Though it appears I hit the second tier of names, since I have an afternoon check and not early morning. Is it wrong that I'm hoping I have to stay home from work that day just to find out they don't need me and I can read visual novels?

Got out of bed today, got changed, walked across campus that was covered in several feet of snow, got to the building of my first class, realized the building was locked, than realized there wasn't anyone around me, than realized school was cancelled for today.

Now, I am forced to confront a terrible dilemma. Do I do the responsible thing and spend the day sending out job applications, since I recently realized I fucked up on planning my budget for the year and will not be able to pay off my living expenses for this entire semester or do I catch up on anime and visual novels? Wait today is my B-day? Well than fuck it, I'm not quite adult enough to spend my B-day sending out job applications.  

2 hours ago, Valmore said:

CONFESSION: It appears Bob Inzer's computer randomizing program has landed on my name, and I get to see about checking in for jury duty. Though it appears I hit the second tier of names, since I have an afternoon check and not early morning. Is it wrong that I'm hoping I have to stay home from work that day just to find out they don't need me and I can read visual novels?

maybe mention this to see if they think it hurts your neutrality and let you go?

8 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Got out of bed today, got changed, walked across campus that was covered in several feet of snow, got to the building of my first class, realized the building was locked, than realized there wasn't anyone around me, than realized school was cancelled for today.

Now, I am forced to confront a terrible dilemma. Do I do the responsible thing and spend the day sending out job applications, since I recently realized I fucked up on planning my budget for the year and will not be able to pay off my living expenses for this entire semester or do I catch up on anime and visual novels? Wait today is my B-day? Well than fuck it, I'm not quite adult enough to spend my B-day sending out job applications.  

Well happy birthday to you! No, job apps can wait, unless you see a really hot job you want that closes today. Then you may want to send it.

6 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

maybe mention this to see if they think it hurts your neutrality and let you go?

Your honor, my interests are sleeping, writing, baseball and reading erogi. What's erogi? It's a computer story from Japan where you go through the story and occasionally make choices in the hopes of getting an h-scene with your chosen waifu. Oh, that means cartoon sex scene. Does contempt mean dismissed?

18 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

ouch 

9 minutes ago, Valmore said:

Well happy birthday to you! No, job apps can wait, unless you see a really hot job you want that closes today. Then you may want to send it.

Your honor, my interests are sleeping, writing, baseball and reading erogi. What's erogi? It's a computer story from Japan where you go through the story and occasionally make choices in the hopes of getting an h-scene with your chosen waifu. Oh, that means cartoon sex scene. Does contempt mean dismissed?

If I ever get called in for jury duty,  I could probably get off by pleading something akin to clinical insanity. It would be some fun hoops to get through, but it would not only exempt me from any further jury duty, but would also give me something to be redacted on a cia roster. 

15 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Fred's the new CrunchyTaco, lite edition, keep at it, enjoying your life trials n' stories :3

Thanks for the encouragement - my storytelling aesthetic is quite a bit different from Taco's (I pretty much always aim for gentle self-mockery), so it's reassuring to hear that at least one person out there is appreciating it.

I mean, I could try to change that, maybe go all out and tell you about something awesome I did. Like today! I've been doing interview prep (it's been a long time since college, and I felt like I was super rusty on standard software engineer interview questions, so I've been working through http://www.amazon.com/Cracking-Coding-Interview-6th-Edition/dp/0984782850), and a couple times today I came up with a better answer than the author! :miyako:

That should serve as an excellent microcosm to illustrate why I don't tell many victory stories.

Survived two tech screens since yesterday. Each of those was one hour, and pretty draining. I am dreading doing four full-day interviews (which would be, like, four or five back-to-back interviews like each of those). But on the up-side, I just heard back from yesterday's company that I passed, and I'm even more confident about passing today's than I was about yesterday's, so hopefully my elective unemployment will be exactly as brief as I want it to be (two months off, of which two weeks will be spent lazing on a warm beach reading VNs, sounds just about perfect).

Confession: Most of the time I don't even try to add a confession these days.

I went for the sister first, because going for normal in a war between small and big is the hipster thing to do. 

Confession: Can I quickly express how great Ultimate Boob Wars is, simply because it's really long and has something for everyone? 

Let's summarize: 6 main heroines; 2 flat, 3 busty and 1 normal + 2 more flat and 1 more busty side characters. All of the main heroines have 9 h-scenes each and the side characters share 7. Now add 2 scenes for Harem and 1 scene for Big Breast End, Small Breast End and Bad End (butts) respectively.

That's a total of 66 H.scenes, 33 of which are animated. If you're a normal human, you "use" about two of them per day. That means that even if you're only interested in one breast type or even one character, you still get DAYS of content out of the deal.

Compare that to something like The Secret Sorrow of Siblings or Sweet Sweat in Summer, which only have a reading time of what, 2 hours? 

If you want to get your rocks off, buy Ultimate Boob Wars. :miyako:

12 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

My preference for what?

Breast size? Animated or not animated? Ways to asphyxiate hookers?

Ye breast size, that's the main thing you're talking about in that wall of text!!

32 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

I went for the sister first, because going for normal in a war between small and big is the hipster thing to do. 

Confession: Can I quickly express how great Ultimate Boob Wars is, simply because it's really long and has something for everyone? 

Let's summarize: 6 main heroines; 2 flat, 3 busty and 1 normal + 2 more flat and 1 more busty side characters. All of the main heroines have 9 h-scenes each and the side characters share 7. Now add 2 scenes for Harem and 1 scene for Big Breast End, Small Breast End and Bad End (butts) respectively.

That's a total of 66 H.scenes, 33 of which are animated. If you're a normal human, you "use" about two of them per day. That means that even if you're only interested in one breast type or even one character, you still get DAYS of content out of the deal.

Compare that to something like The Secret Sorrow of Siblings or Sweet Sweat in Summer, which only have a reading time of what, 2 hours? 

If you want to get your rocks off, buy Ultimate Boob Wars. :miyako:

CONFESSION: For various reasons, Feb 4 this year was really a bummer kind of day. So to all those who took the time to wish me a happy birthday, it really brightened my day up a lot. So thanks @12kami @Deep Blue @Flutterz @Dergonu @ヤミハナ (Ooooh, VC waifu) @Nashetania (yeah, we're still cool, Reaps) @Kiriririri (half naked Sakura is ALWAYS acceptable) and @Shikomizue.

And to the rest of the board, I'm just glad you're here as well. This has become a part of my daily routine and sometimes, it really gets me through the day.

Confession: Got a new haircut... I look like a perfect idiot now~~ :Teeku:

5 hours ago, Valmore said:

CONFESSION: For various reasons, Feb 4 this year was really a bummer kind of day. So to all those who took the time to wish me a happy birthday, it really brightened my day up a lot. So thanks @12kami @Deep Blue @Flutterz @Dergonu @ヤミハナ (Ooooh, VC waifu) @Nashetania (yeah, we're still cool, Reaps) @Kiriririri (half naked Sakura is ALWAYS acceptable) and @Shikomizue.

And to the rest of the board, I'm just glad you're here as well. This has become a part of my daily routine and sometimes, it really gets me through the day.

Reaps? :michiru:

7 hours ago, Valmore said:

Oh, drat, did I miss that? My apologies. Happy late birthday!

Confession: Interview's today. My stomach feels like it's gonna explode. :vinty:

2 hours ago, Nashetania said:

Confession: Got a new haircut... I look like a perfect idiot now~~ :Teeku:

Reaps? :michiru:

You did read your own cartoon post, right? :illya:

31 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Oh, drat, did I miss that? My apologies. Happy late birthday!

Confession: Interview's today. My stomach feels like it's gonna explode. :vinty:

Go get 'em! If they ask you your greatest weakness, go for "I sometimes have problems asking for help when I need it."